1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sync problems already 2013

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 10:29 AM
Doncon1216
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sync problems already 2013

I am having problems already with my sync system On a 2013 f250 with 600 miles am told that the mic is bad and is ordered. My question is I read soooo many people with the nav or my touch with these problems and Ford does not know how to correct the problems with these does anyone have these issues?

Thanks!

Old 07-21-2013, 11:01 AM
galaxie641
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
IS your software updated? I've never had much of an issue with my '09, doesn't always read the phone right away but that may be a phone issue. A lot of the problems I read about are faults of the phone not the vehicle.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:31 AM
Doncon1216
New User
yes it is updated, they say the mic is bad due to no commands are heard however I read a lot of stories?? I will find out on Tuesday when the new headliner mic is put in. As for the phone its the most popular on the planet Iphone I never had an issue until this new truckso hopefully its the mic. thanks for the info.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:07 PM
Powerstroke123
New User
Not having problems with my 13 f350 sync setup. The mic works good and she actually does what I say unlike some other voice activated software I've used.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:21 PM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Actually mft IS having real issues with the iPhone as it has it's own non-standard (proprietary) Bluetooth interface....
most things work, but large contact list or tunes or special characters in the names, etc...
can cause havoc (and not on just trucks - on any of them !)

that's why Ford pulled development and support back in house from rumors I heard !

I have version 3.51 and still have some 'surprises' even with a blackberry and the wife has the new notes II...

Old 07-22-2013, 12:33 PM
Fastfwd
Senior User
Originally Posted by jdadamsjr
Actually mft IS having real issues with the iPhone as it has it's own non-standard (proprietary) Bluetooth interface.
Bluetooth itself is a standard. There are several versions. For example my iphone 4s is bluetooth 2.1 It is quite possible that Ford's(Microsoft's) sync system can do things with some phone and not with others due to different versions.

Or as in any software there could be bugs but the iphone is for sure one of the models tested before they put this into production.

A few more years of this bull**** and then cars makes should start putting in just big screens on which your phone of choice will display what it needs to. No more car maker years behind electronics to hold you back.

add:
Just read a little about it and iphone 4s(I presume 5 too) is bluetooth 4.0 which is the latest version. Update your phone to the latest version; update sync to the latest version(can you do that yourself?) and all should be well. Sync being a Microsoft product it is still possible for them to add some special features that work only on Microsoft phones.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:48 PM
Fastfwd
Senior User
Also if you are going to use this with the iphone you want to use the iphone directly as much as possible. No reason to try to get the contacts in the phonebook or dial from there unless you don't always have the phone or share the car.

Just use sync for the microphone to the iphone but siri for the rest. Press the siri button on the phone and then "dial bob" or whatever it is you are trying to do.

Let sync so sync stuff with the car and let siri to the phone stuff.

See demo here

Old 07-29-2013, 05:20 PM
dennisscully
New User
Sync Problems

I have a 2013 F250 Diesel. Everything with the Sync system worked fine for a couple of months. I was using a Motorola Razr. The system became erratic and oftentimes unresponsive. I took it in for service and the rep said it needed a software update, We warned me that the fix was just a temporary one and I should expect to do the fix again. He was right. I got a New Samsung Galaxy and it worked great for a month or so. Now it is erratic again. It will connect with the phone but incoming calls cannot be answered from the screen on the dash. If I answer the call from the phone there is no audio on my end. The call freezes the system and maybe a couple of minutes later it releases the system and I can hear my radio again. Today all of this happened and after the screen unfroze I found my GPS destination had been lost. I had to pull over and re-enter my destination. Frustrating for sure!

Old 07-29-2013, 05:25 PM
ATP Pilot
More Turbo
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
have you tried the master reset on the radio after having problems?

Old 07-29-2013, 09:10 PM
Lake Rat Jim
Junior User
When I got my 13 F350 it was my first experience with SYNC. It worked really well at first, but then was very erratic in it's connection with my Galaxy SIII. Turns out I think I was causing part of the problem. When I got out of the truck I was turning off the Bluetooth connection on my phone, and turning it back on when I went out to the truck, or after starting it. Somehow this really confused the heck out of either the phone or the SYNC, not sure which one was the culprit.

The only way I could fix it was to completely erase the phone from the SYNC system, and do the same with the phone so they both think they have never been linked before. This was surprisingly difficult as both devices said they recognize each other from a previous pairing, asked if I wanted to make the connection again. This did not clear the issue. You have to make sure they have no memory of each other at all. I then made sure I had all current updates on the SYNC unit (which I did have). Once that was in place I re-paired the devices. Since then I have never turned off the Bluetooth on my phone and it works flawlessly.

It might not hurt to try clearing both devices and starting over with a fresh pairing. YMMV

Old 07-30-2013, 01:06 PM
dennisscully
New User
Hi Guys, thanks for the information. I just deleted my Galaxy SIII and then re-paired it and it did not fix the problem. I am not sure how to master reset the radio but I will look into it. I have an appointment at the dealership in a couple of days to get this fixed. I am in CA and it is illegal to not use hands free when driving. So, I am out of business while driving for now. I will add a post after I visit the dealer.

Old 07-30-2013, 04:04 PM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Hi everyone,

I’m here to help Jaclyn out. My name is Kim.

Originally Posted by galaxie641
… doesn't always read the phone right away but that may be a phone issue. …
If your phone is taking a long time to connect, remove your phone’s battery and replace it. Turn it back on; you will notice a quicker connection, galaxie641.

Originally Posted by Doncon1216
… they say the mic is bad due to no commands are heard however I read a lot of stories …
Hi Doncon1216,

Did replacing the microphone resolve your issue?

Originally Posted by dennisscully
… incoming calls cannot be answered from the screen on the dash. If I answer the call from the phone there is no audio on my end. The call freezes the system and maybe a couple of minutes later it releases the system and I can hear my radio again. … I am not sure how to master reset the radio but I will look into it. …
Hey dennisscully,

I suggest performing a master reset to resolve those issues. If you have the MyFord Touch system, click this link for instructions:
How to Perform a Master Reset | MyFord Touch | Ford.com
Here are the instructions for the regular SYNC radio:
How to Perform a Master Reset | SYNC & SYNC with MyFord | Ford.com

Let me know if you have any questions!

Kim

Old 07-30-2013, 04:10 PM
dennisscully
New User
Thanks Kim, I will check it out. When the Sync system is properly working it is awesome! I hope they get the bugs worked out.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:14 PM
willtim1234
Mountain Pass
My dealer told me my 2013 F350 needed an update. Download time about three hours.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:55 AM
dennisscully
New User
I have not had time to do the master reset but I have an appointment at the dealer tomorrow. They told me about 1.5 hours. So, we will see if that does the trick. Right now everything is working fine. That's the part that makes me crazy. It is very erratic.

I got the F250 in February and did the first update in May and it worked fine until last week. We will see what happens!

Quick Reply: Sync problems already 2013