Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

JUNE Chat / Off topic thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 08:11 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
JUNE Chat / Off topic thread

Well, guess since I haven't taken one for the team in a couple of months...I'll kick this month's off. Woke up several times during the night (from about 0400 onward) to heavy claps of thunder and either one of the kids or the dog trying to climb in bed with us. So right now both kids and the dog are piled up in the boy's twin sized bed. From last month....
Originally Posted by cookie88
How was every bodies weekend?
Worked the holiday and been trying to play catch up with other things being a holiday week. Have been working on getting the 5th wheel ready to go on vacation this summer (2500 miles & eight states). Just discovered last week I'm going to have to replace two of the tires before we go...the PO ran it quite a while under inflated and ruined one and about shredded the other tire on the driver's side. The busted up Chevy 3500 bed I saw in the photos of trailer when it first showed up on the lot should have been a clue.
Zach. You sent me a link to this thread. Which reply were you asking about?
Could have sworn I sent you the pacific post talking about not being able to post a YouTube link. Oh well, I'll PM you the link since Joe is showing off with his tumble weed video.
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
We bought a party barge last week, spent Fri. evening getting it ready for the summer. Sat was spent visiting some of Micki's folks who were in from south LA, Sun was a lazy day because she was gone to a baby shower and Mon. was spent pretty much cruising the river on the barge
Some folks just have all the toys. Jeff you sure live one rough life, I don't see how you deal with it all.
My neighbor gave me a used 4 ton unit, but I almost fell out when I priced a 30# jug of R-22 freon this morning, almost $600 I think it will have some sort of replacement refrigerant in it when I get done.
Ammonia! Think about it...used in the 3-way fridges of RV's and all the meat packing houses up here use it in the cooler/freezers. You'd know real quick if you had a leak, even the smallest of leaks there will let you know in a heartbeat!
I heard one HVAC guy say r-22 could still be sourced cheap out of Mexico, but then the problem becomes how to get it here.
Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!

I've got a buddy here in town that's got three cases of R12 he bought at WM when you could still just buy it off the shelf. Not sure what his plan is for them, but I pick on him about it since everything he drives uses 134a. Though I don't remember if he converted his '67 Cougar.

Old 06-01-2013, 06:18 PM
Will P.
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope everyone is ok after the storms. I took the F-150 to Knoxville Tn. the week before Memorial day for a competition my daughter was in. I had the bed completely loaded down with luggage and other stuff and had three teenage girls riding in the cab with me. We rolled down I 40 at 80 mph. fully, loaded, and still got 18+mpg put of the 4.6L! The truck purred like a hungry kitten all the way there and back.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:36 AM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by zhilton
Could have sworn I sent you the pacific post talking about not being able to post a YouTube link. Oh well, I'll PM you the link since Joe is showing off with his tumble weed video.
Thats not a youtube video, it's an animated .gif image...the forum embeds it like a normal image. I don't think it will allow a direct embed of a youtube vid anymore.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:16 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Originally Posted by tojoski
Thats not a youtube video, it's an animated .gif image...the forum embeds it like a normal image. I don't think it will allow a direct embed of a youtube vid anymore.
At this point, a video is a video and your just showing off. Got to love those Asian carp!

Old 06-04-2013, 06:18 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Fail

Old 06-06-2013, 09:04 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Ammonia! Think about it...used in the 3-way fridges of RV's and all the meat packing houses up here use it in the cooler/freezers. You'd know real quick if you had a leak, even the smallest of leaks there will let you know in a heartbeat!
Not sure I would want to try ammonia for A/C, I dealt with enough of it though when doing RV fridges. I put in a replacement, don't remember the exact name, but pretty much it is dry propane. Strange thing is, it's made in the US, used all over the world, but not approved for use in the US because it's flamable. Well.... so is the propane or natural gas coming into your unit for heating.... so.... It cools well and my camp is drafty enough if I have a leak I don't think it could ever concentrate enough to explode

Old 06-09-2013, 12:48 PM
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Posting Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fail

LMFAO Epic Fail!!!

-THe Great

Old 06-11-2013, 10:14 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Not sure I would want to try ammonia for A/C, I dealt with enough of it though when doing RV fridges. I put in a replacement, don't remember the exact name, but pretty much it is dry propane. Strange thing is, it's made in the US, used all over the world, but not approved for use in the US because it's flamable. Well.... so is the propane or natural gas coming into your unit for heating.... so.... It cools well and my camp is drafty enough if I have a leak I don't think it could ever concentrate enough to explode
It's our goberment for ya'! They want to make sure you can't hurt yourself. I still say the ammonia would cool it more efficiently...but then I'm a different kind of engineer

Old 06-13-2013, 05:04 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Ok, who left the oven on?

Old 06-13-2013, 05:12 PM
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Posting Legend
Ok, who left the oven on?
I don't konw, but I think you guys left the Vent for the oven open in ILLINOIS!!! It got hot in a hurry!!!

-The Great

Old 06-14-2013, 08:24 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
I could stand the heat if someone would dial down the humidity a few points :-)

Old 06-16-2013, 12:03 AM
05F350KR
New User
well I went to the track today in the 6 and did a 8.8 in the 1/8th mile only ran it once had a bad launch well maybe all o better next time

Old 06-17-2013, 12:21 AM
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Posting Legend
A late but HAPPY Father's Day to all the Dad's

-The Great

Old 06-18-2013, 12:49 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Hoping everyone had a great father's day. I got to spend the day driving to/from my dad's place. But it was a trip with the truck, so I'm not complaining. The little blue car...that's a different story.
I could stand the heat if someone would dial down the humidity a few points :-)
Well after the rain on Sunday & yesterday...it's been down right comfortable. Heck, last night on the way to the house (0415) was thinking I might need a jacket as cool as it was getting going though the thermoclines.

Old 06-18-2013, 02:23 PM
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Posting Legend
..it's been down right comfortable. Heck, last night on the way to the house (0415) was thinking I might need a jacket as cool as it was getting going though the thermoclines.
I wish I could say it was like that here. It really is the humidity that makes it so uncomfortable. The other night it was 88* at 10pm and like 97% humidity... just miserable

-The Great

Quick Reply: JUNE Chat / Off topic thread