Iowa Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Classic Car mini tours

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 09:47 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Classic Car mini tours

I got this in an email, thought I would share, looks like it could be pretty cool. Unfortunately for me, likely will be busy in Iowa City keeping the old man from buying more work for me...

I wanted to let you know about an opportunity for your members to get their wonderful classic trucks or cars out for scenic drives with other classic car enthusiasts, throughout the nice weather driving season in Iowa.

Classic Car Mini Road Tour Series
This a series of short road tours for all types of classic cars, sprinkled throughout the spring/summer/fall, held in a variety of areas nearby for people to participate in with their vintage/classic cars. People can see which mini road tours work with their schedule and location and participate whenever it works for them. Whether someone has a 'driver' Model A or a 99 point Concours Show level Dusenberg, a 57 Chevy, a '32 Roadster, 1951 Jaguar, vintage classic truck, or a '63 Corvette, etc... this event is for anyone with a classic car.

The mini road tours are generally going to be 50-75 miles long, held on nice weather days only, on scenic non-traffic'd 2 lane highways, with stops planned for rest, mingling, and food. The idea is to have a relaxing day and be done with the tour by early/mid afternoon so people can get home well before dinner time. We will always use a 'loop route' approach, so the start/stop location will be the same. Trailer parking will be available for people who want to trailer their classic car to the start/stop location. There is no cost to participate, but the number of cars for a mini road tour is limited, so people should RSVP as soon as they are interested, even if they are not 100% sure they can attend.

More detailed information is available on the website, www.ClassicCarRoadTour.com which will also shows all the specific mini road tour events planned so far. Mini Road Tours will be added at any time, so people should check the website periodically.

2 Classic Car Mini Road Tour events coming up soon:
May 11th, 2013 - Amana Colonies and surrounding area south/west of Cedar Rapids Iowa Mini Road Tour
May 25th, 2013 - Anamosa Iowa and Surrounding area Mini Road Tour
Details for each are on the website: www.ClassicCarRoadTour.com

My contact information is on the website, but people can call or email me with any questions they have and RSVP for Mini Road Tour events.

Thanks,
Todd Gifford
319-651-6688 (cell)
Classic Car Mini Road Tour Series
Great Weather, Great Roads, Great People, Great Cars - Spectacular Experiences --- and home before dinner.