Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

First post in a while, Also Puyallup swap meet and car show March 16-17 hosted by Model A club

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 09:45 AM
montanafordman
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First post in a while, Also Puyallup swap meet and car show March 16-17 hosted by Model A club

Hello everyone! Just thought I'd drop in and say hi. Sadly I have not been nearly as active lately as I was a few years ago. I guess I've been pretty engrossed in my 1931 Ford Model A. Maybe its time I start paying more attention to what is going on over at FTE and the Washington chapter! Anyhow for those that are interested the Tacoma Model A club is hosting the Almost Spring Swap Meet and Car Show at the Puyallup fairgrounds this weekend, March 16-17. It should be a good time, see some great cars, lots of tools, parts, antiques for just about anyone. Hope to see you there!

-Aaron

P.S. in case you are interested here is a picture of my F150 towing my Model A from Montana to Tacoma, I took the trip over 5 mountain passes, had 180K on my odometer and didn't burn a drop of oil! We won't talk about gas mileage though....

Old 03-14-2013, 04:16 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Originally Posted by montanafordman
Hello everyone! Just thought I'd drop in and say hi. Sadly I have not been nearly as active lately as I was a few years ago. I guess I've been pretty engrossed in my 1931 Ford Model A. Maybe its time I start paying more attention to what is going on over at FTE and the Washington chapter! Anyhow for those that are interested the Tacoma Model A club is hosting the Almost Spring Swap Meet and Car Show at the Puyallup fairgrounds this weekend, March 16-17. It should be a good time, see some great cars, lots of tools, parts, antiques for just about anyone. Hope to see you there!

-Aaron

P.S. in case you are interested here is a picture of my F150 towing my Model A from Montana to Tacoma, I took the trip over 5 mountain passes, had 180K on my odometer and didn't burn a drop of oil! We won't talk about gas mileage though....
For some reason I bet that was an ouch.
I wished you had posted this a week or two sooner and we could of
had a little meet in the parking lot. Maybe some people will show up.

Is there a charge to get in? Old cars are cool. Old Fords are even better.

Sean

P.S. If I make it just look for the BIG yellow F350.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:06 PM
montanafordman
Senior User
Originally Posted by Yahiko
For some reason I bet that was an ouch.
I wished you had posted this a week or two sooner and we could of
had a little meet in the parking lot. Maybe some people will show up.

Is there a charge to get in? Old cars are cool. Old Fords are even better.

Sean

P.S. If I make it just look for the BIG yellow F350.
Haha, yeah my MPG for the trip was anywhere from 8-12mpg since I couldn't use overdrive and I only have a 4.6 v8. The show is open 8-5 Saturday and 9-3 on sunday. Admission for adults is $5 Saturday and $3 Sunday. Under 12 is free. I will be wandering around with a show staff vest most likely volunteering and wearing probably either a white boeing hat or a cabelas hat.
-Aaron

Old 03-15-2013, 03:12 AM
Opossum
Postmaster
Is this swap meet a Model A thing, all Ford, all Makes?

Old 03-15-2013, 07:04 AM
montanafordman
Senior User
Originally Posted by Opossum
Is this swap meet a Model A thing, all Ford, all Makes?
All makes. You will find a little bit of everything there. There are a lot of different vendors that travel to all these shows to sell there goods and also locals who might buy a table to sell a pile of Chevy or Dodge parts but he might have a box of vintage or modern ford stuff mixed in also you just never know. The meet is hosted by the Tacoma Model A club and our members will have a strong presense there - and will draw model A enthusiasts from elsewhere but its by no means exclusive to Model A's or Fords for that matter. There will be antiques and tools there also along with the car show which will feature a mix of many years and makes. I have a friend who will be showing his 1908 Sears Motorcoach that he has just completed restoring. In short - it should be worth checking out!

Old 03-16-2013, 02:12 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
I couldn't go, both for saving gas and because I would end up spending money on some cool item that I don't need. I already have no room for my current pile of stuff Hope the show goes well and had this been posted around the beginning of the month, a meet could have been set up. Oh well.

Old 03-16-2013, 03:20 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
I am going to try. But I will have to see how the day goes.
The odd thing is I have been having more pain this last week
and they are not giving me the stronger stuff for it

Sean

Old 03-16-2013, 03:38 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
That sucks. Hopefully it goes away. My knees should be killing me for a while, I was crawling around in crawl spaces a lot yesterday. I already have bruises.