Mississippi Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Scndsin

Mississippi's March Missives

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 03:48 AM
shorebird
Hotshot
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Mississippi's March Missives

Well I'm up and have a few minutes to wait until I leave to line up at the ammo point.
There is a network of us who wait each morning to get what arms and ammo that arrives at a local store on their overnight truck.
Due to the rationing of the ammo and arms it is a first come first served situation.
The current limit is three boxes of certain munitions total per day with an additional limit of one box of a caliber.
As the limit is per box position in line makes a major difference in what you obtain.
You can get a 1,000 round can of .556 or a 20 round box either one counts as your 1 of that caliber.
We have been informed that the company will be starting to limit even that system to only one bulk box per day per person.
We have been allowed to buy three boxes of bulk at a time up to this point.
I think they are going to start the new limit control today.

The limit on long guns is one rifle per seven days.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:20 AM
Scndsin
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 760 Likes on 542 Posts
Welcome to March folks. I really hate February & hope the screen door hits it in the rear on the way out. Finished putting together an engine hoist/crane that had been upgraded after its repair for the first time. I'm playing e-mail/PM tag with Barry about the GTG doing stuff for Terri too.

Have a good (but chilly) weekend yall'.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:24 AM
redwood
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm waiting to hear a report about those rides in your shop and when you're going to finish them.....

Old 03-01-2013, 06:11 PM
Scndsin
FTE Chapter Leader

I started on the yota' this week. Main reason to get the stand back & put the hoist together. Had to go looking for some 12mm X 1.25 pitch bolts to use for lift chain to head cause the head bolts are 6 inches long. Then dig out the screw tram/leveler. Today I had to repair a busted garage door lift spring so I could cut some 2x4 blocking... Then I lost my only 13mm 6 point... Sucker fell off a bolt, hit me tween the eyes, bounced & fell INSIDE a turbo muffler stored under the yota... THINK how long it took me to find that SOB.

Its a wonder I can fix anything.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:59 PM
gatormccluskey
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hate when that happens

Old 03-02-2013, 07:06 AM
oldfordcoupe
More Turbo
an here it is march and the wx is still bad 32 this am and light snow. i hate winter and cold weather.david sounds like you have two many things laying around. if it ever warms up i need to put thing up out of the way in my shop also. get things off the floor . so i can work on something. else

Old 03-02-2013, 08:07 AM
Scndsin
FTE Chapter Leader

Stacy, March 2nd is just one step closer to warmth. Still a bunch more to go... Bleah!

Steve, Talked to my contacts at Whitfield, they just need Norma to testify in front of a judge & you're golden. They'll put you up for a really long time.

My shop is more like a big-assed junk room. I've been trying to throw away as much crap as I can lately. Especially the attic before it gets hot.

I will ask any of the local guys if they are sharp with a micrometer & block/crank measurement. As soon as the short-block is on the stand, I'd like to determine if I can get away with no machining. Might have a line on a running 22RE, but geeze, its in its' second truck with who knows how many miles. This lil' truck is a quandry for me. I hate to just kludge it up to get it out of my shop, but since it was my first ever totally brand new vehicle, (and unless I win the lottery, my last) I don't want to break the bank either.

Have a good Saturday folks. Terri & I are off to the optometrist.

Old 03-02-2013, 01:59 PM
gatormccluskey
Posting Guru
David >> If she talks in front of a Judge, they will keep her too. It would be a nice vacation for this crazy house.

Old 03-02-2013, 02:05 PM
gatormccluskey
Posting Guru
Go to youtube - Eric Welford - What country is (official music video). My son is the other guy in the video. Proud daddy

Old 03-02-2013, 02:34 PM
Scndsin
FTE Chapter Leader

Damned if I ain't got cataracts. Doc said early onset & asked if I was treated with steroids. Not bad enough to do surgery just yet... Joy.

Steve, Terri thought your first post was a hoot.

So the guy with him going in bar is your son?

Old 03-02-2013, 06:44 PM
gatormccluskey
Posting Guru
Thats what Norma told me. I had to raise him. Not sure sometime. I think he favors Bryan. The dark skined girl dancing is my soon to be daughter - n - law. Wonderful girl.

Old 03-02-2013, 07:06 PM
Scndsin
FTE Chapter Leader

Terri showed me their pics from facebook. Handsome guy & beautiful girl. You could do worse.

Old 03-03-2013, 05:57 PM
Scndsin
FTE Chapter Leader

Was hoping for quiet Sunday... Groceries instead. Side trip to Bass Pro Shop for a couple wide brim hats to help keep the sun outa' my eyes more than what I usually wear. Lunch at the grill there too. Sam's Club after.... AARRRRRGGGG

Old 03-03-2013, 07:41 PM
gatormccluskey
Posting Guru
I spent the day playing with the 97. This is what I want to do. Body work - Paint. 4x4 conversion. New seats. The truck had 8 on the fender. The brass key chain had 8. I want it painted black with the 8 ball on it somewhere. It will take awhile, but thats the fun part. I have the five speed. I will have to do more research on the t-case. I may have to find a tranny and t-case. Norma said the house needs to be painted. I dont know what the hell she is talking about. They painted it when they built it. (late 50s)

Old 03-03-2013, 09:57 PM
Steve GG
FTE Legend
Received 290 Likes on 246 Posts
Evening Mississippi..

Quick Reply: Mississippi's March Missives