Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

February Chat/All Topic Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 09:43 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
February Chat/All Topic Thread

Guess on the 3rd day it's time to start the next monthly thread. I don't know about the rest of the state, but the last couple of days around the Fort have been just down right awesome as far as the weather goes. Did the rodent see his shadow Friday?

Old 02-03-2013, 03:56 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Here too. Sunny and beautiful. I think I heard Phil did not see his shadow. Early spring?

Old 02-03-2013, 08:11 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Originally Posted by cookie88
Here too. Sunny and beautiful. I think I heard Phil did not see his shadow. Early spring?
We've been experiencing winter already? Where?

Old 02-03-2013, 09:23 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Must be an early spring I actually had time today to lay out on the deck and soak up some of that bright sunshine, might have gotten a little much in a few spots though.

Old 02-05-2013, 06:15 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Boys & squirrels...a little more proof that I've lost my mind. I'm going to ride the scooter to work this morning, and the weather guessers are saying it's 38F out there right now. But it's those 65-ish afternoons that are screaming for a scooter ride.
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
I actually had time today to lay out on the deck and soak up some of that bright sunshine, might have gotten a little much in a few spots though.
Does your wife know about this? I take it you've finished the deck?

Old 02-05-2013, 08:00 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by zhilton
Does your wife know about this? I take it you've finished the deck?
The wife was in FL soaking up some sun, so I think I had the right to some south AR sun And the deck is done..... well if you can ever call any of my projects done Still need to run the belt sander over a few joints to make the boards match a little better and run some wiring for deck lights and a plug or two.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:30 PM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boys & squirrels...a little more proof that I've lost my mind. I'm going to ride the scooter to work this morning, and the weather guessers are saying it's 38F out there right now. But it's those 65-ish afternoons that are screaming for a scooter ride.Does your wife know about this? I take it you've finished the deck?
I need at least a couple of days after the rain for my road to dry out enough to run an 800lb motorcyle up it. Maybe Sat if it rains Thurs and is nice Friday and Sat.
I'm jonesin' for a ride, haven't been on a bike since like the week after New Years.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:23 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
And the deck is done..... well if you can ever call any of my projects done Still need to run the belt sander over a few joints to make the boards match a little better and run some wiring for deck lights and a plug or two.
I'll drink to that (sweet tea of course ). While I don't have a deck project out there...the wife still seems to think I've got a clone. Love the woman to death, but some days I really wish she would think a little more about this projects she volun-told me about.
Originally Posted by Old_Crow
I'm jonesin' for a ride, haven't been on a bike since like the week after New Years.
The last time I was on mine was the 3rd week of October when I took it to the gas station, filled it up (ethanol free fuel) and fuel stabilizer double dosed into the tank. Apparently I should have at least started it up sometime around Thanksgiving or early December. All I got out of it this morning was two good grunts and that was it! And in the dark 30 minutes before call time...isn't the best time to figure out how to get the blessed seat off to jump it. Sat on that engine all day today kicking myself for not putting a trickle charger on that thing.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:34 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Old_Crow
I really need to make an effort to put my scooter back together These warm, sunny days have me looking at guys riding with envy.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:57 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Anyone talked to Joe lately? Guess that new man cave....err, shop is keeping him busy.
I really need to make an effort to put my scooter back together These warm, sunny days have me looking at guys riding with envy.
That's how I've been feeling the last couple of days as well. Was out running errands with the boss (domestic) last Saturday and seen several folks roaming around on their scooters...and I was stuck with the little blue car

Old 02-07-2013, 10:55 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Anyone talked to Joe lately? Guess that new man cave....err, shop is keeping him busy.
I've been around, just crazy busy.... I wish I could say it was the shop keeping me busy, but its been just about everything but that.

I did manage to get a little dirt work done on the tractor last weekend..still have quite a bit to do.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:26 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Originally Posted by tojoski
I did manage to get a little dirt work done on the tractor last weekend..still have quite a bit to do.
Are you sure your shop isn't a Federal government job? Sure milking it long enough to qualify if it isn't.

Stumbled across this thread in the 6.7L forum...
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post12812346

I know commercial Class 7 & 8 trucks that never see that kind of mileage; let alone in just 3 years.

Old 02-10-2013, 01:49 AM
mudder460
Posting Guru
Well we are putting the house up for sale if you guys know of anyone looking for one in Cabot, 4 bed/2 bath. $144K Time to get the ball rolling!

Old 02-10-2013, 05:32 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Hey all! Any body have problems with gophers? I noticed several mounds of dirt in my back yard a few days ago, overnight they seemed to multiply Figured out it was gophers Tried blocking their tunnels and flooding them, guess they're pretty good at holding their breath but when I decided to see if they could survive a gas chamber they didn't stand a chance. Hooked a piece of tubing up to the muffler on my generator and stuck it in one of the holes, packed dirt around it so the fumes had to fill the tunnels. I had smoke coming out of the ground as much as 100' away
It's been 3 days and there are no signs of gopher activity
Oh yeah, snakes are out too, killed this one in the back yard a few days ago

Attached Images   
Old 02-11-2013, 01:08 AM
BigAlsPSD
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, that's one way Jeff!

And hate to see the snakes out, I've got trees blooming too.

We really need a good cold spell IMO.

Quick Reply: February Chat/All Topic Thread