Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

february meet

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 02:31 AM
joshofalltrades
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
february meet

hey dylan, you've been slacking on getting the next month's meet thread set up, so i'm doing it this time
if we're looking at a saturday, i guess it'll be the 2nd, 9th, 16th, or 23rd. looking at those dates, the 2nd is way too close and hopeless to plan so quick, the 9th might still be too close, we'll see.... the 16th is right after valentines day so those with lady-friends might be busy that night... so what about the 23rd - that appears to be the best saturday available.

what do you guys think, the 23rd work for you? maybe 5 or 6 in the afternoon? and what about location - kirkland worked well for me, even though we dominated the little place!

Old 01-29-2013, 09:51 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Haha sorry, i was thinking about making it but kinda forgot >.<. So, down to business, since I never plan ahead that far, the 23rd works for me. I didn't mind the Kirkland area and since it didn't kill me on gas I could make it again. This time I will have cash in my wallet for pizza .

In your case Josh, will you be able to have the motor back in your van by then though? I know you are a pretty darn good mechanic but unforeseen issues happen all the time... We wouldn't want you to miss out on the meet.

Next is for Yahiko, he mentioned in the BS thread that his surgery was moved to the 12th of feb. Hopefully he can make it still.

I have been thinking though, why not bring "lady friends" to the meets? Unless they don't like talking about trucks that is... Other than that I am fine with meeting at the same place around 5-6pm It was a fun drive and the pizza was good, hopefully it won't be as packed though. And Saturday is a good day as well for me.

Also, I posted about this in the BS thread.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:42 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
So my mom suggested this place. It's out in Issaquah so that's a little further for me but I figured I would suggest it. It os a burger place instead of pizza called XXX Burger, now don't get the wrong idea, it is a family place. Just the name is weird.

98 NE Gilman Blvd, Issaquah, WA 98027

that's the address, I am not saying this should be where we go for the February meet but maybe the march one? The people who run this place have car shows once in a while and like having meets and stuff so it might be a good future meeting place.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:10 PM
joshofalltrades
Postmaster
that is a good place, but yeah, its name can be deceptive its a few more miles for just about all of us, but not that much further i guess.

as for my engine, i darn well better have it in my van by then!! i'm off work for the most part until its back together, so i've been getting into it every day. until i saw the crooked piston, it was going to be done this week. i'm out of town this weekend, but plan to have the block dropped off with the machinist today (if all goes well pulling it out and taking it apart) and hopefully get it back from him tomorrow. he's a 1-man shop and not too busy, so he gets things through pretty quick, and all the block needs is to mill the head surfaces to take care of the pitting that was really visible in that one pic. then i'll see where i'm at with pistons and rods, and go from there

Old 01-29-2013, 01:13 PM
joshofalltrades
Postmaster
and what is with the names of burger places in this area - we have Dicks, and XXX - do we have any other good burger joints with questionable names??

Old 01-29-2013, 01:37 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Oh man, I forgot about that crooked piston... That's a lot of work but it's good you are getting it don't now. I wonder if the coolant got into the cylinder and when the piston came up on the compression stroke if that bent the connecting rod... Weird.

I don't know why we have such weird names around here, I'm sure that there are others though.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:09 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
There used to be a place up in Kirkland in the same parking lot at the Kings Gate
Ice Arena that had some really good burgers. Problem is I don't know if they are
still there. The name was something like Red Roadster. The other problem is
being next door to an Ice Arena you get the hockey players after the games.
I see if there are still in business and let you know.

Sean

Old 02-01-2013, 10:51 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Well Carving day will be the Feb 12.
I'll just have to take it one step at a time.

I got my tuner today. SRL tune kicks @$$. I did not know that
there was that much hidden power in the 6.0. This tune is non-stud safe.

Josh hows the diesel surgery going?

Sean

Old 02-02-2013, 12:03 AM
dakotarider
Tuned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Meet Up

I am on Whidbey Island and getting the Lone Ranger better every day. I don't think she will make it that far but where ever the meet up is, if I can't bring the ole Ford, I will try to make it with the newer one.

DR

Old 02-03-2013, 07:10 PM
joshofalltrades
Postmaster
well sean, after i found the crooked piston, i pulled the short block out and tore it down, sent the block in to get surfaced and had the same machinist replace the piston pin bushings and inspect the hell out of the pistons and rods, it was only the bushing that was bad. i'll be picking it all up tomorrow, then i'll start assembly.
in related news, i decided to pull some fuel out of the rear tank because i suspected the WMO mix back there of being too strong and causing it to have trouble running on that tank, and in the process i found out i have a cracked pickup tube inside the tank, so i drained it and will be dropping the tank for a repair. i guess everything happens at once around here

Old 02-03-2013, 07:33 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Wow josh, I guess when the S hits the fan it really hits it hard huh? But it's better to get it done now rather than out on the side of the rode eh?

Old 02-03-2013, 07:37 PM
joshofalltrades
Postmaster
yeah, better to only have to be down once - even if it is for a couple weeks.
i had a long weekend, so i'm pretty tired, but might go out there tonight and get into that fuel tank. i have enough various hose and rigid tubing around here that i'll get that end of things all buttoned up somehow, just gotta see whats broke inside there. i suspect its toward the top of the sending unit, as it sucks air even when full.

Old 02-03-2013, 07:51 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Ah gotcha. One day I will drop my tank, and replace it or clean everything. I'm sure it could use a freshening up.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:05 PM
jgavac
Cargo Master
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
Issaquah is a little ways out there... Unfortunately because I'm not made of money, I probably won't be able to make it to this one. Seattle/Bellevue is about as far south as I can afford to venture without having time to save. Besides my truck will probably be down then while i work on the trans

Old 02-04-2013, 02:08 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Jameson I don't even know where we are actually going. We seemed pretty concrete with that Pagliacci place. The only reason I suggested the Issaquah burger place, is cause I figured it would be good for a future meet. Maybe when it warms up a bit so we could be outside more or something. The triple x burger makes their own root beer that is really good.

Quick Reply: february meet