Projects Share with other members the details about your project truck or SUV. Old or new, gas or diesel, its all welcome here!

Nessa the '52 F3

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 06:49 AM
DKMB
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nessa the '52 F3

Nessa is a 1952 Ford F3 that I bought this previous summer. I spent the summer working everyday of the week for 2 months straight. With this new found funding I decided to invest in a pickup I found a few hours away from me. I walked away with Nessa for $950 and towed her home with few complications. This truck has absolutly zero through and through rust and minimal detremental rust.

Plans
Replace split rims.
Replace brakes hardware/shoes
Sandblast Frame/Body
Epoxy frame
Paint original color
Replace windows
Reupholster seat
Replace rubber all around

With that being said more to come. I have purchased the replacement rims and will be buying tires in a few weeks. The truck is currently running nice and the new gas tank has been put installed. We also ran a new fuel line and will be putting together a new rear brake line due to the old one being pinched.

The Tow Home

Home and rolled off trailer

After working on her for a month outside got her inside.

This was a temporary gas tank just to have her run for a bit and figure out any issues.
I replaced the coil, sparkplugs, wires, and added an electronic ign along with rewired the battery
this is all still 6 volt and I plan on keeping it this way.

Interior shot before I cleaned it out.

After cleaning her out.

Seat back in and new gas tank back in.

The garage.

The new gas tank. I broke down and bought a new gas tank although the old is pretty solid
I will be cleaning out the old one and selling it and the primer on the new one is temporary

I was wondering why the previous owner pinched the rear brake line and I found out after looking at rear
passanger side drum. I took off the rear wheel passanger side and found the drum in 2 pieces.

This is all so far. I have new/used rear drums im putting back on and shoes on the way.
I plan on disassembly in a few weeks when I get the funds for sand blasting and painting
I will update with more pics as they come.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:42 AM
19704X4F250
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice find for $950! Will watch the progress!

Old 01-02-2013, 03:28 AM
DKMB
New User
Looking to get the frame sandblasted by winters end. Looking for suggestion on coating the frame. I have currently been looking into just using SPI Epoxy black primer. And then painting the cab meadow green. My biggest question would have to be is if I could just use SPI Epoxy black on all of the running gear and frame?

Old 03-03-2013, 09:38 AM
smill24v
New User
subscribed!

Old 03-04-2013, 08:56 AM
DKMB
New User
Late updates but I have spent a few weekends working on the truck with some negative results.... So a few steps forward ends up in a skinned knee... I work currently full time and goto school full time so the updates maybe a little far apart. I will tell you that in 2 weekends I will be putting new brake lines in and hooking up the new master cylinder I got. So ETA for brakes is 2 weeks. I am waiting on warmer weather to start on the bed and making the bed wood for the flat bed. Well coating it.

First issue I ran into is the pipe on the upper portion of radiator has a pin hole leak which is no issue until the engine shuts down and the coolant sprays out of it. So I bought a flexible radiator hose to replace the metal bend and connecting hoses. Issue is the hoses will not come off radiator in the attempt to remove them mind you the clamps are fully loosened the top of the radiator cracks or I beleive cracks as fluid runs out of it from the top tank. I am hoping I can get it into a radiator shop and fixed in a few weeks.

Issue 2 the rear drums I bought off an individual on here don't fit. I should have looked closer before buying but they don't have the offset needed to seat against the back plate or fully utilize the pads. So if anyone needs these drums I have them for sale.

In the end I mounted the tires and rims and removed the split rims. I found that I have 3 split rims and one old 16 innie. I hope to someday find 3 more innies and get the OE look hubcaps. Dreams.

This is my parts getter and works wonderful in Minnesota Winters

Transporting the 235/85/r16 in my parts getter/ Pont G8

This is as she sits waiting for different drums to come in. New wheels on the front.

This is what I had to work with. The drum was in previous post cut in half somehow.

an upclose of the grime.

Before hand wire brush

I hand wire brushed the back plate and springs just to clean them up.

all cleaned up

OOOPS!!!!

So I guess I will be ordering the 12 1/8 x 2..... and new pads arg oh well mistakes made lessons learned.
On that note does anyone need 12x2 pads and drums. The drums of course wont fit a 52 f3
I also have 8 more of these rims available. 16x7 8 lug. $50 bucks a set.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:19 PM
DKMB
New User

I broke down and end up buying a Dana 60 and Dana 44 from a 74 high boy.

My future plans will be to turn the truck into 4x4 but trying to keep it as original looking as possible.

Preparing to put the dana 60 under.

The dana 44 which is being stripped and narrowed this week. Currently I have it stripped down just have to get the grinder out.

Drive shaft is a little long and the u joint is a little small for the dana 60.
Will shortening the driveshaft and figuring out the u joint issue this week.

Dana 60 put in. yay.

My goals for this week.
Run Brake lines.
Get brakes working.
Shorten Driveshaft.
Fix radiator.

Drive around.

Then slowly begin to assembly the 4x4 parts and turn it into a classy looking 4x4.