Old 12-02-2012, 05:13 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 December "Santa Claus is comin to town" CHAT thread

Happy Holidays to one and all!

~I gotta go.
I just picked up a copy of "MIB-3"

And anything with Tommy Lee, and Will Smith in it has GOT to be a gut buster...

Old 12-03-2012, 10:53 AM
macgiobuin
Cargo Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I heard that was a pretty good movie. I'm going to get "The Expendables 2" sometime soon---also supposed to be pretty good.

Happy December to all AND happy Monday! I am OFF all this week, so lots of winter clean-up around the estate is in order. Also going to put up the Christmas Tree tomorrow or Wednesday. Hope everyone has a great day!

Any word on Neal?

Old 12-03-2012, 06:06 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Dunno - is he MIA? Am I missing something?

On the homefront: This afternoon I finally beat the frijoles outta the firewall of the Ranger so that the drivers side head and valve cover would fit.

~I'M SERIOUS!!!

I WALED on that thing, because it made me pull the engine out again when I began to line up the tranny. There just wasn't any other way to do it....

I beat that metal back at least an inch, to an inch and a half
*ODDLY ENOUGH: It seemed a lot softer metal once I was "SUITABLY MOTIVATED"

I expect it will look a lot better once it is painted black...

*DAMAGE seems to sometimes be necessary. Funny about that

Old 12-04-2012, 09:33 AM
macgiobuin
Cargo Master
Have a great Tuesday, everyone!

Old 12-05-2012, 03:29 PM
macgiobuin
Cargo Master
Been a fairly productive day....I cleaned out some areas in the abode and took 2 boxes and 2 bags of stuff to Goodwill. I put up the Christmas Tree and some decorations....the family unit will put ornaments on the tree tomorrow evening. I also was able to get some yard maintenance around the estate taken care of in between the sprinkles. Finally, I got my hair cut finished with assistance from my wife....all set for another couple weeks.

I could get used to this holiday schedule.....hope everyone has had a great hump day!

Old 12-05-2012, 07:49 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I did some clean-&-grind, maybe tomorrow the engine will STUFF once and for all

HOPE for me, it has been long enufff....

Almost a year and a half so far

I WANT THIS THING TO RUN!!!

Old 12-06-2012, 01:40 PM
macgiobuin
Cargo Master
Hope you get it running Wolfie!

I repaired my daughter's armoire today. Wasn't difficult, just awkward getting the screws put in the right places. I also did some more yard maintenance and filed the last 2 weeks' worth of mail, receipts, etc. Now I can relax, since today's list is completed.

Might enjoy some more Old Crow....it was pretty good yesterday.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:57 PM
macgiobuin
Cargo Master
Took the beast out for a drive today....feeling a bit sluggish, so I'm taking it to the shop for a tune up next week.

Not much else happening today. Hope everyone has a great Friday and weekend!

Old 12-07-2012, 07:09 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Not much doin'... Mostly wet and soggy today, mist more so than rain.

But I did accomplish a major goal today, got a lift into town with a shopping buddy of mine (female type) and scored three very large turkeys @ 60 cents a pound...

Two are in the deep freeze, one thawing. I plan to slow cook them one at a time, de-bone them and render the consomme' 99% free of bad fats.

*Easy to do, pour all the drippings into a metal container, and refrigerate. The fat floats up and hardens, leaving a fine gelatin underneath once the fat is lifted out
. The bad stuff hooks right out with a fork, just like a paint can lid...

I can make all kinds of goodies out of a high-protein stuff like that!

Sixty pounds of meat, for around $35.oo, and last I looked; GROUND TURKEY was going for over three bucks a pound

Now that I have a decent freezer, this is a progressive effort. I still have lots of frozen meat from last month, as well as BAGS full of several kinds of peppers

Old 12-08-2012, 09:32 AM
macgiobuin
Cargo Master
Good score on the turkey...don't forget to make stew/soup out of the carcass after you take the meat off. Nothing like homemade turkey soup/stew on a cold winter's day. And it freezes well just like the whole turkeys.

You never did say how your movie was----good as expected?

I have been puttering around the estate, getting the winter chore done, slowly but surely. Next week, I will have to cut back all the dead foliage on my flowers so they over-winter without any damage. This week, I emptied all the containers into the garden plot to be tilled under for winter. ANOTHER project for next week after I cut all the foliage.

Old 12-08-2012, 03:50 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
It (MIB3) turned out at least as good as the other two in the series - which is saying a lot, since sequels are usually a let down. We also tend to expect a LOT from Tommy Lee and Will Smith, - and there is a new player in it (James Brolin) who plays the part of the young Agent K...

More than that would be telling! But yes, I thought it was great

Last night I also picked up copies of "The Dark Knight" and "The Dark Knight Rises", so that I have a complete set of the Christian Bale BATMAN trilogy -
Christian Bale was also FAN-FREAKIN'-Tastic in the recent TERMINATOR SALVATION movie, and has rapidly become an actor that I think a great deal of.

Morgan Freeman is still in charge of research and development at Wayne Enterprises, and the interplay between them is as tongue-in-cheek as it ever was...
*I love dry humor

Micheal Caine as the Definitive "ALFRED" is also in all three, and the most amazing character portrayal in all of them - I THINK: Gary Oldman, as Detective Gordon is a complete contre-tempes with the Gary Oldman we have seen in such films as AIRFORCE ONE (with Harrison Ford) and "The Professional" (with Gene Reno). I had to watch the first movie (in the BATMAN series) many many times before I realised who exactly it was I was seeing...

Gary Oldman has an absolutely amazing ability to completely FLIP his character upside down in the blink of an eye - and before it even has time to register flip right back to the original. The man is mind blowing!

*In fact, if you have seen the BATMAN series, but not the other two films I just mentioned... You really ought to see them and compare the roles he plays.

Old 12-09-2012, 11:46 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
Hello Tennessians...time to start thinking about the new week. Hope your weekend was relaxing.

Old 12-09-2012, 06:48 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Actually - my weekend was pretty much totally sopping wet. 'Woke up at 4AM out of a stone cool dream because there was a loud BOOM that I couldn't figure out at first if it was part of the dream or not

And then it began to pour down outside...

Do y'all remember the *****-eared fella who was the improved terminator in the second terminator movie? "Liquid hemi-metal whatever"?
Well guess who it looks like will be the character of "ROBIN" in part four of the Dark Knight series???

And there HAS TO be one, the end of the Dark Knight Rises sets the whole thing up perfectly - even if it doesn't precisely follow the DC Comics version

*Remember Queen what's her name, from the recent star wars episodes? Watch that character in The Dark Knight Rises very carefully - who she turns out to be will catch you totally by surprise!

(I keep thinking "Queen Vidalia", but a vidalia is an onion...)

Old 12-10-2012, 08:04 AM
macgiobuin
Cargo Master
Happy Monday everybody! We're gettin' rain today, then some COLD weather tonight and all week.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:08 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Something I've been wondering about- the New Madrid Fault System

New Madrid Seismic Zone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lot's of ACTUAL detail, and links to real information at that link, including links to the U.S. Geological Survey pages and FEMA.

~I was tired of wondering what kind of guessing and tall tales I was hearing about it

Some say it's going dormant, others that the lack of serious movement over time only indicates that deep underground stresses are building toward danger levels.
You be the judge, but be informed. I think a key point in all of it, is that interruption of utilities is the biggest thing to worry about in any such scenario.

The link also has several maps, which show that it doesn't involve the entire river valley - mainly only a stretch from just above Reelfoot Lake, to somewhat south of Memphis

~ and I just had to buy a house dead on top of the southern end of it
Good job...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2012 December "Santa Claus is comin to town" CHAT thread