Vendor Specials, Discounts, Product Announcements & Group Buys This is the place to check out offers from FTE sponsors. Non-sponsor vendors may not post here.

Roadmaster Active Suspension: FTE GROUP DISCOUNT

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 08:04 AM
RAS_ActiveSuspension
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roadmaster Active Suspension: FTE GROUP DISCOUNT

Roadmaster Active Suspension(RAS) is pleased to be a new supporting member of Ford Truck Enthusiast forum. We would like to thank the members that have purchased the RAS and shared your experiences, and the members that are interested in purchasing an RAS for their Ford truck, with a special FTE Group Discount straight from the manufacturer!

The Roadmaster Active Suspension is a heavy duty, variably rated coil spring that works like a muscle to hold the rear leaf spring in their optimum bowed position at all times. Because the RAS is the only patented leaf spring suspension upgrade that works with the existing leaf springs to convert the traditional "passive" leaf spring suspension into an "active" suspension, the RAS offers a combination of benefits no other aftermarket suspension upgrade is able to provide.
http://www.activesuspension.com/

Name:  easy install pic.jpg
Views: 1847
Size:  30.1 KB

<O
  • Load Support- Because the RAS holds the rear leaf spring in their optimum bowed position at all times, the leaf springs are strengthened thus greatly reducing rear end sag when loaded to manufacturer max GVWR. <O
  • Handling/Stability- By not allowing the spring to flatten out, the vehicle corners more level with greater contact of all four tires to the road. This provides improved traction, which translates to better driver control and stability. <O
  • Axle Wrap/Wheel Hop-We have noticed this issue to be more prevelant on the 11’-12’ F150 Ecoboost due to the high low end torque output/leaf spring combination. The RAS does a tremendous job to eliminate this issue by physically holding the leaf spring in it’s optimum arch, not allowing the springs to twist into the “S” shape(which is followed by as shudder or slapping of the springs)
  • I would be happy to provide links to multiple reviews from this and any other independent website at request!<O
Unlike other aftermarket suspension upgrades, because the RAS works in conjuntion with the existing leaf springs when the tension is set(variably according to the application and use), vehicle performance and handling will be improved even when unloaded! It is for this exact reason(improved stability) that some non-profit organizations require or recommend our product on 12 and 15 passenger vans.<O

Name:  3RD generation kit.jpg
Views: 965
Size:  104.1 KB
<O
Installation- 1 hour<O</O
Installs can be done by the owner of the vehicle typically within 1 hour. No special tools are required and tension is easily set according to the application. Instructions with illustrations are provided, I am also happy to answer any installation/tech question.<O
<O
Group Discount Rate- $320+Shipping<O</O
The minimum retail price on these units range between $379-$400. Since there are 13 part numbers to cover all Ford makes and models going back to 1973, I will not list them all. Here is a link to the application guide.
<O
http://www.activesuspension.com/RAS_USAppGuide_eBook.pdf

The FTE group discount rate will be $320+shipping regardless of part number. Shipping cost can range between $20-$35, shipping times can vary between 1-5 business days.<O

To take advantage of this offer, you can call me directly at 800-398-5036, email me at nolan@activesuspension.com or just PM me!
<O
My number one goal is to have my customers be happy with great customer service and even greater product. If you have any questions let me know!

<O
**This offer runs through Friday December 21<SUP>st</SUP> 2012**<O

Old 11-20-2012, 01:28 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Very nice!

Stewart

Old 11-20-2012, 02:14 PM
TXtinct
You'll shoot your eye out

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is cool... Dear Santos... I mean Santa.

Old 11-20-2012, 02:30 PM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
As stated elsewhere - these worked fine on my Excursion and when I traded it in I pulled them and sold them to a mod here... who likes them as well....

but the F-250 versions did NOT work well...
tried them for 2 weeks, called the mfg and he said to try this...
that didn't help, so I wanted to return them and they wouldn't honor the 30 day return policy.....

So buyer beware.... just trying to help....

Old 11-20-2012, 04:30 PM
RAS_ActiveSuspension
Former Vendor
Roadmaster

Originally Posted by jdadamsjr
As stated elsewhere - these worked fine on my Excursion and when I traded it in I pulled them and sold them to a mod here... who likes them as well....

but the F-250 versions did NOT work well...
tried them for 2 weeks, called the mfg and he said to try this...
that didn't help, so I wanted to return them and they wouldn't honor the 30 day return policy.....

So buyer beware.... just trying to help....

I have sent you a PM, thanks.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:29 PM
Misky6.0
Lead Driver
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Terrific. Santa will be in touch on my behalf.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:45 PM
AzSuperDuty
Senior User
Does the RAS have a positive effect on the "wander" tendencies of the X?

Can they be used with B Mod springs ?

Old 11-20-2012, 09:52 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by AzSuperDuty
Does the RAS have a positive effect on the "wander" tendencies of the X?
From what I've read from other users, it does a little bit because it mitigates (a little bit) of the side-loading/transfer-push on the front springs.

Can they be used with B Mod springs ?
I don't see why not. If you look at the mounting bracket that attaches to the spring down by the u-bolts, they have different bolt holes for different sized springs.

Stewart

Old 11-21-2012, 09:58 AM
RAS_ActiveSuspension
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Stewart_H
From what I've read from other users, it does a little bit because it mitigates (a little bit) of the side-loading/transfer-push on the front springs.

I don't see why not. If you look at the mounting bracket that attaches to the spring down by the u-bolts, they have different bolt holes for different sized springs.

Stewart
Stewart you hit the nail on the head. We can fit darn near any leaf spring, so long as there is no interferance and enough room for our bracketry. If we are not positive of the part number due to a modification, there a few simpler measurements we can take to ensure we send the correct kit out.

The RAS works great on the on these heavier, high center of gravity vehicles like passenger vans and excursions. When the tension is set, it helps to eliminate the wandering and sway(caused by the vehicle dynamics and relatively soft leaf spring setup) by holding the leaf spring in it's optimum arch all the time. The leaf springs will still bend and flex, but w/o the excessive rebound.

Best description I've ever heard from a customer is it helps the vehicle hug the road much better

Old 11-21-2012, 10:05 AM
RAS_ActiveSuspension
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Misky6.0
Terrific. Santa will be in touch on my behalf.

Great...look forward to speaking with him!

As a heads up, offices will be closed on Friday (in part to allow full recover from our turkey hangovers).

Old 11-21-2012, 10:09 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Nolan, apologies. I thought I was responding to the thread I started in the Excursion forum. I should have let you take this question here in the Vendor Forum.

I wasn't paying close attention when I clicked on the thread link in my User CP.

Stewart

Old 11-21-2012, 01:40 PM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
FYI, Spoke to Nolan today and the problem with my 30 day warranty not being honored was NOT a problem with RAS or me....
the new dealer I introduced to RAS "forgot" to tell me they had a return authorization !!!

Unfortunately for MY special application, it just didn't work out !
I WILL say that on my Excursion it was SUPER and worked as designed -
ask Toreador_diesel how he likes it - as I passed it on to him !

Atta Boy RAS for offering to honor the warranty and keeping such good records that you COULD honor it !

Have always said it's not that issues will never crop up, it's how a business reacts to those issues that tell you a lot about the business and RAS stepped up to the plate ! Thank you!

Old 11-21-2012, 01:44 PM
RAS_ActiveSuspension
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Stewart_H
Nolan, apologies. I thought I was responding to the thread I started in the Excursion forum. I should have let you take this question here in the Vendor Forum.

I wasn't paying close attention when I clicked on the thread link in my User CP.

Stewart

Hey no apologies needed! I want people like you responding with any sort of knowledge/experience you might have with the product.

Old 11-21-2012, 11:03 PM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Received 2,079 Likes on 555 Posts
I have one on my 2000 X and am a happy camper!

Old 11-21-2012, 11:34 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by RAS_ActiveSuspension
Hey no apologies needed! I want people like you responding with any sort of knowledge/experience you might have with the product.

In the Ex forum, we address suspension upgrades very frequently, and in depth, due to the woeful springs Ford put on these beasties.

Stewart