Old 11-16-2012, 10:00 AM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Another new member to the chapter: Rvcraftsman

Welcome to the chapter, Rvcraftsman

I'll quote your post from the Superduty forum:

Originally Posted by Rvcraftsman
Name is Jim and I live in West Fork, Ar. Just recently purchased a 2009 F-250 6.4 diesel.
In the past I have been a Chev man and have owned several Duramax. I decided to jump ship when Gm bellied up and screwed a bunch of stockholder.
Really enjoy the truck so far and it pulls my 5th wheel (8800 lb dry) very easily. Looking forward to living on the dark side.
If you only knew the power..... of the Dark Side....

Welcome to the Light my friend

Old 11-16-2012, 08:06 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Alright! Another one in my neck of the woods. Now we have a 7.3, 6.0 and a 6.4 out here in God's country of the chapter. Going out on a limb here, if you work on RV's...you might be the guy to answer a couple of RV questions.
Originally Posted by tojoski
If you only knew the power..... of the Dark Side....
Maybe we can complete his Jedi trainging
Originally Posted by tojoski
Welcome to the Light my friend
Can we get an Amen from the Choir?

Old 11-17-2012, 12:44 AM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
AMEN!!

Welcome to FTE!

Old 11-19-2012, 10:25 PM
Rvcraftsman
New User
I go to craft shows in my rv hence (rvcraftsman). I have had many different type of rv's and would be glad to assist if I can. Currently have a 2002 Gulfstream Mako 27 ft w/super slide.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:56 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
I go to craft shows in my rv hence (rvcraftsman). I have had many different type of rv's and would be glad to assist if I can.
I was thinking of the tool brand that I used to buy religiously...long story on that one. My question is related to winter storage, this is the first winter our 5th wheel is going to be in storage...last year I was stuck working/living in it out of state. A couple of weeks ago I pulled the drain plugs at the "low water point" under the trailer...then cracked open all the facets. There was water draining all the way home (35 miles) from the camp ground. My question is this...did I manage to get all the water out of the lines? Or do I need to pump antifreeze through the lines? Pulled the plug on the water heater; both it and the tanks are empty.
Currently have a 2002 Gulfstream Mako 27 ft w/super slide.
That wasn't your Mako at Crabtree a couple of months ago, was it? Looked like it was some kind of bunkhouse...but it looked like it was there for service, so I didn't snoop around it too much.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:31 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by zhilton
My question is this...did I manage to get all the water out of the lines? Or do I need to pump antifreeze through the lines?
Zack, in another life I was a master certified RV tech, long story, but I still remember most of what I learned. As for draining the lines via the low point drains, I have seen very few that would drain completely this way. I always reccomended that anti-freeze be pumped into the lines to prevent freezing and also to keep the seals and washers in the faucets from drying out. You also need to put anti-freeze in all of the drain traps to prevent them from freezing too. Does your water heater have the winterizing by-pass valves installed? If not, it is simple to do.
If you have any other RV questions, just ask, I'll try my best to answer them

Old 11-21-2012, 09:20 PM
fatboy501
New User
Always nice to get more AR people... welcome!

Old 11-23-2012, 09:33 PM
BigAlsPSD
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to the Chapter.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:52 PM
Rvcraftsman
New User
I was thinking of the tool brand that I used to buy religiously...long story on that one. My question is related to winter storage, this is the first winter our 5th wheel is going to be in storage...last year I was stuck working/living in it out of state. A couple of weeks ago I pulled the drain plugs at the "low water point" under the trailer...then cracked open all the facets. There was water draining all the way home (35 miles) from the camp ground. My question is this...did I manage to get all the water out of the lines? Or do I need to pump antifreeze through the lines? Pulled the plug on the water heater; both it and the tanks are empty.That wasn't your Mako at Crabtree a couple of months ago, was it? Looked like it was some kind of bunkhouse...but it looked like it was there for service, so I didn't snoop around it too much.
You will get different answers to your question but for less than $3.00 I can pump my lines full and be very confident that its protected. Drain them first like you did. Make sure you drain your shower hose (inside and out) and pour a little antifreeze in all your sinks including the bathtub so the p drains would freeze. Hope this helps.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:55 PM
Rvcraftsman
New User
I was thinking of the tool brand that I used to buy religiously...long story on that one. My question is related to winter storage, this is the first winter our 5th wheel is going to be in storage...last year I was stuck working/living in it out of state. A couple of weeks ago I pulled the drain plugs at the "low water point" under the trailer...then cracked open all the facets. There was water draining all the way home (35 miles) from the camp ground. My question is this...did I manage to get all the water out of the lines? Or do I need to pump antifreeze through the lines? Pulled the plug on the water heater; both it and the tanks are empty.That wasn't your Mako at Crabtree a couple of months ago, was it? Looked like it was some kind of bunkhouse...but it looked like it was there for service, so I didn't snoop around it too much.
Not my Mako. Wheels RV in Springdale does my service that I can't handle.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:48 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
You will get different answers to your question but for less than $3.00 I can pump my lines full and be very confident that its protected. Drain them first like you did. Make sure you drain your shower hose (inside and out) and pour a little antifreeze in all your sinks including the bathtub so the p drains would freeze. Hope this helps.
I had halfway forgotten about the drains...but antifreeze is cheap. So I know what I'm doing this weekend...finishing up winterizing the trailer. If we could only park the trailer here at the house (no room/won't fit in the driveway) this would be an easier project to finish.
Not my Mako. Wheels RV in Springdale does my service that I can't handle.
Figured I should check, Mako isn't exactly a popular model in these parts...sort of like the Starwoods

Feel welcome to join us in the monthly threads. Pretty much anything goes as far as a topic, and it's "G" rated. Though some folks have been known to post photos of newest toys, muddy trucks and dare I say it...Dodges.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:05 AM
Rvcraftsman
New User
I had halfway forgotten about the drains...but antifreeze is cheap. So I know what I'm doing this weekend...finishing up winterizing the trailer. If we could only park the trailer here at the house (no room/won't fit in the driveway) this would be an easier project to finish.Figured I should check, Mako isn't exactly a popular model in these parts...sort of like the Starwoods

Feel welcome to join us in the monthly threads. Pretty much anything goes as far as a topic, and it's "G" rated. Though some folks have been known to post photos of newest toys, muddy trucks and dare I say it...Dodges.
Thanks for the invite, I'll do that. Camped this weekend with a group at Withrop Springs on hwy 23 near Huntsville. Had a great time but temps dropped to 15• one night. Glad we had the tank heaters.

Old 11-29-2012, 03:07 AM
F250W6.0
Mountain Pass
Welcome

Thanks for the invite, I'll do that. Camped this weekend with a group at Withrop Springs on hwy 23 near Huntsville. Had a great time but temps dropped to 15• one night. Glad we had the tank heaters.
Welcome to the chapter neighbor I live just South of you a few miles near Rudy, just a couple miles off the Rudy exit on 540,
I also love camping and fishing have a 26' Crossraods Cruiser I pull to the White river at Bull Shoals State Park a lot. There are a lot of very helpful and lnowledgeable folks here. Just wish I were one of them ,but, I am learning.LOL

Old 11-29-2012, 09:48 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Originally Posted by F250W6.0
There are a lot of very helpful and lnowledgeable folks here. Just wish I were one of them ,but, I am learning.LOL
Harry, we all started somewhere when it comes to understanding these newer trucks. The moral support sometimes goes just as far as having the answer to the problem.