Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

They sould offer a Lightning and HD van!

Old 05-19-2003, 08:50 AM
Bruno-the-Dominator
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had the idea to build a E-150 Lightning for year's but with the HD trucks out now I am considering making one of them as instead. Imagine, all the same interior and exterior goodies with a few added to it. The Harley-Davidson E-150 or 250 would come equipped with a winch set up(between the front seats with remote), ramp, and tie downs for your hog! A removable floor track would also be installed to hold the bike in place. Add a couple rear fender well HD tool boxes to hold tools and cargo straps as well.
The vast majority of HD riders would actually prefer a van over a truck. Rain or shine your precious hog is protected and ready to ride or show anywhere, anytime.
Custom vans have been the red headed step child of the hot rod world for a long time. This would be a super cool way to remove the stigma currently attached to vans as cargo haulers or people movers. Everyone I mention this idea to thinks that it would be outstanding, what do you guys think?

Keep on Vannin, Greg

Old 05-19-2003, 10:42 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Vans don't sell, people use them for work, not for play. The supercharged Harley-Davidson F-150 is a play truck, not a work truck.

Old 05-19-2003, 08:19 PM
BobbyL
Senior User

I'd like a new custom van but they're too spendy. I want a E-350 Chateau with leather and 7.3 Powerstroke. Cool....but I priced one out and it was like 46 grand. That's nuts. I'll buy a older conversion van for a song and swap a Powerstroke in it.

Old 05-19-2003, 08:34 PM
alanscott
Posting Guru

Originally posted by BobbyL
That's nuts. I'll buy a older conversion van for a song and swap a Powerstroke in it.
Swapping a PSD into anything is a major process and should be looked into carefully before any money is spent.

Old 05-19-2003, 08:41 PM
BobbyL
Senior User

There's 3 Powerstroke vans sitting in salvage yards around here that I know of. Of course the engines are gone but the mounts and stuff are there. I figure I could always go out there measure the location of the mounts, pull any special pieces I need, and swap one in. I imagine the best way to do it would be with a complete engine/transmission combo and a new custom driveshaft. The vans could also donate the heavy duty suspension pieces required to support the weight of the brute.

Search this Thread