Escape & Escape Hybrid Ford Escape, Ford Escape Hybrid, Mercury Mariner, Mazda Tribute

2013 Ford Escape - New Owners

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 10:14 AM
ticobird
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm a bit of a gas mileage freak so here goes. Don't rely 100% on what the Escape's computer is telling you what the mileage is. Rather, record in a spreadsheet like Excel or any free product the date, gallons purchased, price and any other info you want to track. Remember to fill the tank. Do not try to cram more fuel into the tank past the first click-off. I like to try to use the same pump for filling up. I have 1,500 miles on my 2013 Escape 2.0 Titanium and after 6 fill-ups my all-time mileage is 25.4. My tank to tank has ranged from 21.0 (first fill-up) to 26.0 (last fill-up). Your gas mileage is definitely tied to how much throttle you use. I know it's fun to dip deeper into the throttle with this little perky engine but it will cost you in mileage. Drive however you want. Remember you can display the gas mileage in the center display and I think on all models (maybe not) you can press the right arrow on the left side of the steering wheel to see how you score with Anticipation and Mileage. Hope this helps.

Old 11-21-2012, 11:54 AM
PaulMD
New User
Accessory 12v Tap for 2013 Escape

I am looking for 12v to tap when the key is either in Accessory or the engine is running, but no voltage when the car is off.

I checked the passenger compartment fuse panel, but all of the circuits there appear to have power while the vehicle is off.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:28 PM
PaulMD
New User
Found one - fuse 85.

Originally Posted by PaulMD
I am looking for 12v to tap when the key is either in Accessory or the engine is running, but no voltage when the car is off.

I checked the passenger compartment fuse panel, but all of the circuits there appear to have power while the vehicle is off.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:12 PM
DBubba
Freshman User
Good find. I had a power cord installed for my radar detector a few weeks back and the tech had a tough time finding power with ignition circuit. Tell us about what you bought. (engine,model, options)

Old 12-15-2012, 09:32 PM
ndccpf1
New User
New 2013 Titanium

Always owned Toyota, Honda, Audi and VW. NEVER owned an AUTOMATIC car EVER... Got my 2013 Escape fully loaded (Titanium) minus the tow and FULL leather package. Escape was the ONLY vehicle you can get WITHOUT leather being forced on you when you opt for all the other tech / packages. That was the deal maker for me.

Already started to upgrade the non-LED lights to LEDs (hatch, glove box, puddle lights, license plate) as one "feature of this car is to keep external lights on when you have any door open (even in bright sunlight !!).

Great vehicle but why does the OBDII port get it owns pull down door when we are missing a coin / cubby holder that should be there ?

Too new to record gas mileage.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:37 AM
wptski
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ndccpf1
Always owned Toyota, Honda, Audi and VW. NEVER owned an AUTOMATIC car EVER... Got my 2013 Escape fully loaded (Titanium) minus the tow and FULL leather package. Escape was the ONLY vehicle you can get WITHOUT leather being forced on you when you opt for all the other tech / packages. That was the deal maker for me.

Already started to upgrade the non-LED lights to LEDs (hatch, glove box, puddle lights, license plate) as one "feature of this car is to keep external lights on when you have any door open (even in bright sunlight !!).

Great vehicle but why does the OBDII port get it owns pull down door when we are missing a coin / cubby holder that should be there ?

Cloth seats are okay as long as they solved the terrible water staining issue.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:42 PM
DBubba
Freshman User
Originally Posted by ndccpf1

Welcome to the group NDCCPF1! Please share your mpg once you get past the thousand mile mark. Remember kicking the turbo often will affect your mpg. Enjoy the ride and handling!

Old 12-18-2012, 01:10 AM
j.grif
Elder User
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
new 2.0 se fwd

wife just picked up new ginger ale se fwd with 2 liter, first fill up was 26.1 hand calculated. The ride and handling are impressive for a vehicle in this price range, cant wait to see what the gas milage will be when fully broken in!

Old 12-19-2012, 04:31 AM
captchas
Originally Posted by wptski
sorry they didn't fix that!! wife stained hers on day 2 with coffee. not a big one still it took a trip to the detail shop to kind of remove it. at least it's not seen that much any more. wish they offered partail covers for the seats like in the f150 and sd's

Old 12-19-2012, 08:43 AM
wptski
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by captchas
sorry they didn't fix that!! wife stained hers on day 2 with coffee. not a big one still it took a trip to the detail shop to kind of remove it. at least it's not seen that much any more. wish they offered partail covers for the seats like in the f150 and sd's
The problem I'm refering to is that they leave a stain with just plain water. I have leather in mine but I've read about the problem. I've seen my neighbor's 2010 Taurus, her driver's seat looked like it was ten years old and that was two years ago.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:33 PM
TruckLarry
Senior User
Originally Posted by NumberDummy
2013 Escape FWD SE 2.0L purchased 10/15/2012, so far has 55 miles, 15.1 MPG.

I live on the top of a very steep hill, takes more gas to climb up it, than it takes to coast down it.

Previous: 2011 F150 5.0L Stupor Crew: 14.8 overall MPG within 7115 miles. The Escape will get better MPG than that!

Gallon of unleaded gas here in LA LA Land is currently $4.63 a gallon, I kid you not.
Wow, almost the same as me... Traded in my 2011 F150 Screw EB 4X4 Platinum for an Escape Titanium last week.

Tough, tough decision but it was for the better.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:37 PM
TruckLarry
Senior User
Originally Posted by wptski
Shouldn't be a problem since you can get any color you want as long as it's Charcoal Black

Old 12-24-2012, 08:39 PM
tcesni
Elder User
I have a 2002 Tribute with the cloth seats and they still look like new (203,000 miles) and a 2009 Escape with cloth seats that looked like trash after one year due to water stains. Hard to believe that any automaker could install such a mistake in this day and age - and then ignore responsibility.

Old 12-25-2012, 08:40 AM
wptski
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by tcesni
I have a 2002 Tribute with the cloth seats and they still look like new (203,000 miles) and a 2009 Escape with cloth seats that looked like trash after one year due to water stains. Hard to believe that any automaker could install such a mistake in this day and age - and then ignore responsibility.
Yeah and I think those are the much bragged about "green" seats made from recyclable products.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:03 PM
bob1987f
Senior User
Just bought the wife a 13 Ruby Red Titanium day before xmas eve. We both love it! It has every option except the vista roof and awd. then xmas day took it on a 750 mi one way trip to see family in Missouri. I averaged about 24mpg on the way there and back cruising at 74 whenever I could. It's hard not to lay into that 2.0 ecoboost though....still can't believe that's a little sideways 4 banger under the hood! Got over 3k miles on it already, and other than having to replace both front tires (both separate road hazzard incidents), its been flawless! Haven't even made my first payment yet and have sunk 450.00 on tires! lol

Quick Reply: 2013 Ford Escape - New Owners