Michigan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Toyman

Michigan Chapter GTG's

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 08:20 AM
Toyman
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts
Michigan Chapter GTG's

I want to clear the air on this. I know typically everyone has stuff going on, and there is no way that we can get a huge turn out for a GTG on short notice. It is of the opinion of the FORMER chapter leader that this is due to alcohol at the events. We/I always try to plan an event or have it some where that is always welcomed by everyone in the family, and friends also if they want to come and hang out with us. (be warned though if you drive up in a off brand truck you are going to get picked on). Now I want to voice my opinion and also remind EVERYONE that when anyone here starts a GTG thread that ALL are welcome, whether you drink or not. We have had some really great GTG's in the past and typically there are members that do not drink. That is a personal choice that anyone makes on there own, does it mean that you are going to have less fun NO.

The last GTG we had was at a park in Grand Ledge it was a middle area for people to travel to and have a nice day. We had kids, dogs, wild game on the grill, and I do believe there was even a fairy walking around.

To finalize this and let it be known again. We/I do not plan this for my convenience, I try to plan for what everyone wants to do. This is why it always starts out as to when everyone can get together then where the best most central place would be, or if there is a certain event that is going on that we can meet at. Anyone and everyone is encouraged to voice there opinion as to what and where and it typically will go to where the majority rules.

Old 09-22-2012, 04:34 PM
Capital Customs
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Toyman
I want to clear the air on this. I know typically everyone has stuff going on, and there is no way that we can get a huge turn out for a GTG on short notice. It is of the opinion of the FORMER chapter leader that this is due to alcohol at the events. We/I always try to plan an event or have it some where that is always welcomed by everyone in the family, and friends also if they want to come and hang out with us. (be warned though if you drive up in a off brand truck you are going to get picked on). Now I want to voice my opinion and also remind EVERYONE that when anyone here starts a GTG thread that ALL are welcome, whether you drink or not. We have had some really great GTG's in the past and typically there are members that do not drink. That is a personal choice that anyone makes on there own, does it mean that you are going to have less fun NO.

The last GTG we had was at a park in Grand Ledge it was a middle area for people to travel to and have a nice day. We had kids, dogs, wild game on the grill, and I do believe there was even a fairy walking around.

To finalize this and let it be known again. We/I do not plan this for my convenience, I try to plan for what everyone wants to do. This is why it always starts out as to when everyone can get together then where the best most central place would be, or if there is a certain event that is going on that we can meet at. Anyone and everyone is encouraged to voice there opinion as to what and where and it typically will go to where the majority rules.

Great post Rich. I feel the same as you. I do not drink but have a great time at the GTG`s. NUFF SAID!!!!!!!!!!Drinking pop or Ice tea.

Old 09-23-2012, 12:43 PM
maevans
Posting Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Capital Customs
Great post Rich. I feel the same as you. I do not drink but have a great time at the GTG`s. NUFF SAID!!!!!!!!!!Drinking pop or Ice tea.
X2

I also don't drink. been to 4 GTG and had a great time at every one.

Old 09-23-2012, 11:43 PM
Chad149
Lead Driver
Received 489 Likes on 165 Posts
Choice of beverage is a non-issue to me weather you do or don't. The park in Grand Ledge is probably a good compromise for those without campers now that its getting cooler out for say a camping type outing.

Old 09-25-2012, 01:45 PM
SDElwood
Hotshot
Received 588 Likes on 319 Posts
Yeah man, I never saw a sign that required either beer or water.... or fairies for that matter. Just come have some fun. It's not like it's a college kegger or anything, jeeze. And if you can't come up and have a few beers, but you have to have 30 and get drunk, then yeah, stick to pop. I dunno - it's all about being responsible and having some fun with some fellow Ford buddies. (Jeep and VW guys come too, but that is another story)

Old 10-02-2012, 07:44 AM
greenmachinejohn
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I attended the 1st gtg at cabelas when I was under 21. No one drinks that much. Hopefully I'll be at the next one. Grand ledge was a great place.