S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

sAn Diego Truck Owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 08:04 PM
bn3432
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sAn Diego Truck Owners

Just wanted to let you guys know what business to stay away from in San Diego. I made an appointment to get A Line-X spray on liner put on my truck last week and spoke to the <!-- Scott at Line-X in National City on Transportation Ave--> edited by admin. He seemed very nice and helpful on the phone when I told him that I wanted an over the rail liner. He told me that he had a cancellation and that if I filled it he would knock some off the price. He told me the price would be $311 and some change out the door, so I booked the appointment. Well today when I went in and another guy was doing the paperwork when I noticed that he put under the rail down on the order. I told him what <!-- Scott --> edited by admin told me and he said he would go ask him. Shortly after <!-- Scott --> edited by admin came out and asked if I had a question. I reminded him of our conversation and he basically called me a liar and said the he would never give that price for an over the rail job and ackted like it was my misunderstanding. He said that over the rail is 75.00 more and he basically took the discount from me that he was giving for filling a cancellation. He then told me that I would have to pay 470.00 for the job. I said yeah right!I told him it is not up to me to know his prices and ther is no way for me to know that he may have given me the wrong quote. I told him he should honor the price he gave. This is when he really got an attitude with me and told me that he does not have to honor anything beacause it was HIS business! I said I was not going to argue with him but gave him some business advice. As a business owner, if you screw up and give a low price, you should honor it and not make the customer feel that it is his fault. Certainly do not imply that the customer is lying. I informed him that he not only lost my business but any business of friends that have buy trucks and need liners. I do think that Line-X as a product is great but not at that price. Anyway, sorry for the long post but I just wanted to let everyone know not to deal with this particular franchise of Line-X at <!-- 2704 Transportation Ave., National City, Ca. 91950 --> edited by admin

Old 05-16-2003, 10:35 AM
dads77
Freshman User
sAn Diego Truck Owners

Just for everyones info: I know of a good paint and body shop,....and a good powered coating company here in san diego.
Also a good muffler shop too. I will give name and number if wanted.

Old 05-16-2003, 12:24 PM
bn3432
New User
sAn Diego Truck Owners

I would like to know. It is always good when people with good or bad experiences with a company can let everyone know. It rewards the good ones and hopefully impacts the bad ones.

Old 06-04-2003, 11:00 PM
dads77
Freshman User
sAn Diego Truck Owners

The paint and body shop that I had a good experience with is called JT autobody on 47th in San Diego,....right down the street from the Coke Cola bottling plant. Manager name is Dan (good guy). As far as powdercoating is concerned Suncraft International
3822 Main St. chula vista. Talk to Bernie. I had a vintage craftsman tool chest done and a bicycle frame. Outstanding job!
Plus I had a custom dual exhuast with flomasters done at Ledezma's in Chula Vista, good price about a $100 dollars cheaper then the next closest price competor. These are my experiences, not paid advertizments.

Old 06-29-2003, 12:58 PM
X5-452
Freshman User
sAn Diego Truck Owners

Originally posted by dads77
As far as powdercoating is concerned Suncraft International
3822 Main St. chula vista. Talk to Bernie.
Thanks! I was going up to Vista for my powdercoating needs. I'll compare prices and see if it's worth the switch. I have a grillguard that needs to be sandblasted and re-powdercoated. I probably won't do that until I get a new front bumper. Y'know, I should change the grill while I'm at it. And the trim. And upgrade the headlights. (sigh!)

Old 09-28-2003, 09:20 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Evidently <!-- a "Bryan Simonson" --> of the first mentioned company (X-LINE) above has taken exception to this post - I have recieved a complaint on the moderator hotline.

I do not see a rebuttal on the part of this individual however, and fail to see how someones personal experience with a company as related by them can be construed to be anything other than factual. If evidence to the contrary exists I would be happy to hear it.

Unless otherwise directed by higher authority therefore - the post STANDS.

I have mentioned it to the other mods and Ken payne.

~Wolf

Old 09-29-2003, 02:27 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Small corrections to the above:

That would be "LINE-X" and Ken Payne.

Duh - sorry boss! I forgot to let the clutch out when I hit the shift key (or something like that)...

Old 09-29-2003, 10:28 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
In the interest of fairness FTE does not allow vendor slamming such as this unless the vendor has an opportunity to respond.

Please contact them and give them the opportunity to do so here.

Old 10-17-2003, 11:36 AM
fordstrucks
New User
Line-X

Hello everyone,

My name is Bryan I am one of the managers at Line-X mentioned above. Sorry it has taken so long to reply but I had to get a different email address because the forum would not let me use my line-x address, it is Bryan@Line-XSanDiego.com.

The person that is mentioned above, who I am not able to say there name that is protected by law. Was scheduled to have a liner applied at 10 am I myself "Bryan" not "Scott" talked to this gentlemen over the phone. He asked the cost of a short bed liner. I said it is normally 389.00 but if you would fill a cancellation tomorrow I would gladly make it 299.00. He said "yes" and I wrote down his name and phone number and he came in at 10 am like scheduled. I myself went out to his car and took down the usual information that is taken down at a time which customers come in and fill out. I talked to him out side and went over where the lines would be drawn on the truck and he said he was getting over the rail. I then told him over the rail would be $75.00 more it is an option at any spray-on bedliner company. He told me the price that I quoted him was for over the rails. I said "that there is no way that I can do it for that price." which is true our car dealers that give us 5-10 trucks each month don’t even get it that cheap. Then he proceeded to get hostile. Customer says “are you calling me a lire." I said no there must have been a misunderstanding over the phone." Customer says “you have to give it to me at that price." I told him I cant the best I could to was give it to him at dealer cost. He repeated “you have to give to me at that price." At this time he was raising his voice. and I asked him what do you want me to do I cant give it to you for free but I can meet you half way, he did not want that and he got more agree that we would not give it to him over the rails for free. So I asked him to please leave several times and he left. I am going to create a forum just for customers to write there good experiences about coming to Line-X. I work hard for everyone and we do our best to please the majority but I can not do things that I am not able to do I can not make those decisions only the owner can. I am sorry for his discomfort I talked to "Rick" at another line-X here in San Diego and he said that the gentlemen was very rood and just did not want to pay. "He ended up paying for it anyways at a different line-x. At no time did we ever take away his discount or call him a liar I would never treat any customer like that and I know for a fact that I never said anything rude or wrong to make him upset except I could not give it to him for free. I am sorry that I wasted his time in coming down to the shop. Now that everyone knows the whole story if you have any questions about anything feel free to call to let you know the prices so no one gets confused again it is 389 for short 419 for long and 349 for a miniruck and plus 75 for over the rail just so no one gets confused and if you see this take 25$ off anything over or under just print out this page. I will make sure to give you the best service we have to offer and that is a promise.

Contact Info: for public responses
Bryan Simonson
Line-X San Diego
619-477-1796
Bryan@Line-XSanDiego.com