Missouri Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:77&79F250

September MO Chapter chat/bs/general nonsense thread...all are welcome!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 10:54 PM
tcbofade
Hotshot
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
September MO Chapter chat/bs/general nonsense thread...all are welcome!

How 'bout THEM apples???

There's only an hour left of August, and NONE of you are picking on me yet??

I'm almost disappointed...almost.

I've been awfully busy. The posty office doesn't allow me to work enough, so I picked up another job...which, of course, inspired the post office to ask me to work for a week and a half or so.

Today was 7a to 6p at the post office, and 6:30 to 9:30 at job B.

I'm whipped.

Old 09-01-2012, 02:49 AM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Received 3,280 Likes on 2,438 Posts
Well its already tomorrow where I am at, as a matter of fact its 10:45 in the morning I just got a break from launch & recover duty to go fly a quick mission. Yea...

Its hot as billy heTT here and I still have 3 hrs to go on this shift. But every hr that goes by makes me closer to coming home again.

Terry you are a "Overachiever" as far as work/jobs go, take it easy. We figure you would be a good chapter leader with out a poking in the ribs for our new thread, so good on ya.

Stamp licker.....

Old 09-01-2012, 06:26 AM
pintoches
Postmaster
I can not get Dalton up for school, but for the 2nd Saturday in a row he has been up before 6 watching cartoons!

Old 09-01-2012, 06:44 AM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
Received 190 Likes on 174 Posts
good morning missouri.. and rich... alan i was there like 15:30 to 1400...waited a bit in the rain.. then figured maybe ya'll went somewhere...but you chevelle looksa good ..i guess that chevy orange thm350 sitting there was for that truck?

Old 09-01-2012, 06:45 AM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
ha ha ha ches.....welcome to the real world... kids!!!!!!!!

Old 09-01-2012, 07:10 AM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Sounds like no more cartoons for a few weekends, but some kind of chores instead? That should tune him up?

Morning Mo, I am just off a 11 hr shift with a short flight in the middle....at it again tomorrow, oops I fly NVG's tomorrow night ='s try to sleep in tomorrow, yea right.

Have a good and and stay dry.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:29 AM
j20owner
Elder User
Going to toss an engine in a topkick and pick up the 5.3 for my Jeep today. Hope it all goes as planned.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:32 AM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
curt...if you have my luck you wont get done what you want..and 5 more jobs will come up that need doing before you get back to what you wanted to get done...i craw forward then run backwards......... ha ha ha ha ha

Old 09-01-2012, 08:16 AM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
Good Morning Everybody!

Holy crap! September already? We'll be leaving in a few minutes to go pick up our $20K

RC. Yup, we missed you by seconds both ways. This is getting aggravating. Did you at least get your U-bolts made? Yes, the orange TH350 is for the '56 Chevy. I was just thinking about that the other day. Since the main engine mounts are on the bell housing, not only do I have to come up with a rear crossmember, but now I have to fab a mid plate for it as well or he'll keep breaking engine mounts on it. Had I know he was going to go with an automatic at some point, I would've made mounts to use the side mounts on the engine instead of the front mounts.

Curt. Good luck with your running around today. Be careful out on the wet roads with that engine in the back.

Ches. My neighbor's kid just came over and asked if Carina was awake yet so they could play. I laughed and said, "It's 7:30, you gotta be kidding!" None of my girls get up before 1000 on the weekend.

Rich. Fly safe and get some sleep tomorrow.

Terry. Don't work too hard. Try to limit it to 12 hours a day. More than that and you'll get burned out in a hurry.

Old 09-01-2012, 08:42 AM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Alan if you stuck to working on Fords you know I would probably have the parts you need, but at least with you working on chevy's you know you will always have work, lol.

Remember to much work is better than not enough.....

Old 09-01-2012, 01:15 PM
cyclopsblown34
Lead Driver
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Good afternoon everybody. The aquariums are all cleaned and 10% water changed and Lefty the redtail catfish ate his two tablespoons of liver. He's pretty much a hand fed baby. Laundry is about done and the smoker/garbage can is lit in preparation for a brisket and pork shoulder roast. As soon as I put them on it, I'll get to the shop and work on the Camaro and T/A. It's muggy as all get in the shop now, worse than the dry 100+ days this summer. I knew I shoulda installed the window unit in there.

Old 09-01-2012, 03:34 PM
BORDERBUM
Logistics Pro
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Long time Gents! Ive been busy, they have allowed some overtime at work, so ive hit it up. Hope to get Big Red to Alans on Monday for valve seals, carb tune, and a brake check.

Got some questions regarding some parts im after:
#1. Can I use a 68-69 tailgate on my 77?

#2. I can use a fiberglass tonna (sp?) Cover all the way into the 90s on my 77 right?

Thanks for any answers!

now that it is getting cooler, I plan to work lots on ol Big Red.
Getting the mudding list together for Red, the fiberglass cover should provide a good shelter for camping out and keeping all the gear dry.

I need a plastic bed liner for a longbed if anyone has a line on one. Thanks again, and hope to have Big Red reliable soon! Jeff

Old 09-01-2012, 03:54 PM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
Yes, they used the same bed from '73-'96, they only changed the outer skins.
The '68'9 tailgate will fit, but the lines won't look quite right because they're a little different.

We're back from the truck give away. I'm 98% sure it's all a scam. They're supposedly giving away a 2012 Chevy truck. They sent me a key for a GM vehicle 1996 or older. When we got there, they had a display to try your key with a mid '80's and earlier Ford door lock cylinder in it. I was three feet away from the display and knew the key wouldn't work. I even made mention of it to the lady to which she responded, "I don't know anything about it, I just work here." ....Of course you do, sunshine.

Anyway, we got a set of watches that are supposed to be worth $150. If I can pawn them for $80, I'll be happy enough. That'll recoop some of our gas money and time wasted.

The huge plus to this story is that we tried stopping by a pawn shop on the way home. It was closed, but what did I see in the parking lot, but a '64 Chevelle SS! ....for sale!

I was looking at the car when a guy walks up and asks if he could help me. We started talking about the car. It was dumb luck I got to talk to him, because he forgot some paint at the store and went back to pick it up. He's selling the car for $750. The back of the car is rotted bad, but the interior, dash and front are ok. It has a non-A/C dash that I need. A power steering gear box, a solid heater box and I nice straight front bumper. The rest of the parts I should be able to sell and get my money back. I sure hope someone comes through with buying the Impala. If they do, I'll be on my way Arkansas.

Old 09-01-2012, 04:06 PM
1OldFordMan
Logistics Pro

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
Howdy Misery. I is FINALLY back. Old Rusty died & had no way to get to the library. Finally found a replacement & picked it up Fri.

Okay, I know it's not a FORD, it is kinda sorta a truck. Price was right & I needed wheels. 1 owner, runs & drives good. COLD A/C. 4 new tires.

Old 09-01-2012, 04:18 PM
vloney
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've had several engine jobs back to back. 07 e450 bus that the driver was sure the water wasn't that high. 2 military 08 f350 ambulances for 6.4 diesel motors. After the last one, the first one came back with a DTC for volume control valve circuit too low (high pressure fuel pump cover gasket wires shorted out). They had this problem when they first were introduced (6.4s) so, they made a redesigned gasket with convolute on the wires. Unfortunately, this WAS a redesigned one. Cab has to be lifted to change it.

Quick Reply: September MO Chapter chat/bs/general nonsense thread...all are welcome!