Colorado Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Denver Chapter?

Old 05-12-2003, 04:39 PM
HIROLLN
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Denver Chapter?

Anyone in Denver interested in getting together as a local chapter for the forum? I am willing to set something up if there is some interest!

Old 05-14-2003, 09:53 AM
Mike G
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Denver Chapter?

I'm always up for some kind of get-together. One of the local hamburger places has an inpromptu gather in Wednesday nights if the weather is good. Mostly old rods and muscle cars, a few trucks now and then...
--MG

Old 05-14-2003, 12:37 PM
HIROLLN
Senior User
Denver Chapter?

Mike,
What place is that that gets together?

Old 05-15-2003, 09:58 AM
Mike G
Postmaster
Denver Chapter?

On Wednesday nights when the weather is good, a whole gang of folks gather at the Hamburger Stand on 1st and Union in Green Mountain. Sometime there are rides that have been or are heading over to the race track as that is test night, quite a few cars flexing their muscle!
--MG

Old 05-15-2003, 10:16 AM
Spudco
Senior User
Denver Chapter?

Hi Guys,

I haven't checked out that Wed night get together. I'll be there Wednesday. I like takin' the kids to rod nights. (Get 'em hooked young, I say!)

I hope MikeG and ChadBurns can make it. I'd like to talk to them about their FE projects. My stuff didn't sell at the swapmeet so I'll keep planning on how to build up my 352 into a 410.

I'll have my usual camo Ford Truck hat on.

Spudco

Old 05-21-2003, 01:57 PM
chadburns
Junior User
Denver Chapter?

So, anyone else planning on making it to the Wednesday Night deal? I might try to get out there, but I have no clue what time all this happens. Let me know.

Chad Burns
1968 F-250 390 2v auto.
Aurora, CO.

Old 05-21-2003, 09:19 PM
Spudco
Senior User
Denver Chapter?

Hi Guys,

Just a quick note to let you know I'm glad I made it out to the Lakewood Hamburger Stand for Rod night. I got there about 6:30 and there were about 40 cars at H.S. and the surrounding area. I got the feeling that the fun was just starting! Everything from a Lotus V8 with NOS to a Pontiac Hearse. Lots of great oldies and some cool new stuff too! I had to leave about 7pm.

Hey Chad and Mike G. I'll be there next week from about 6 to 8pm. Keep an eye out for me I'll have my camo "Ford Trucks" baseball cap on.

Spudco

Old 05-22-2003, 09:23 AM
Mike G
Postmaster
Denver Chapter?

Hey Guys!

Sorry Chad, I didn't see that you were inquiring as to when the gathering starts. Usually around 6:30 there are the old standards in there, but really gets going a little after 7:00.

Spudco, glad you can make it out to the West side of town. I had full intentions of being there and looking for the hat but a family member made an unexpected trip to the hospital Tuesday so it changed everything (they're doing better now though).

I did get to drive by and actually saw some of the cars heading that way on my way home from work. It's pretty cool when the guys heading over to the track stop by for some fun. Quite a few pro-street offerings, but my son really enjoys the guys shooting sparks from the tail pipes!

Hope to catch you next week, --MG

Old 06-06-2003, 10:01 PM
fordmaniac21
Elder User
Denver Chapter?

id go but i wont be in colorado until the 23rd. ill look yall up when i get there.

Old 06-07-2003, 05:18 PM
Spudco
Senior User
Denver Chapter?

Hi Guys,

Just a quick note to let you know I made to the Hamburger Stand last Wednesday. It was cold and rainy so not much going on. There were maybe a dozen rods, but everyone was inside keeping warm and dry.

Can't make it this week, but I'll be there on 18th. Hope to see some of the FE engine folks there (Mike G, Chad Burns) to run some ideas by them about my 352 to 410 FE project.

Spudco

Old 06-09-2003, 11:41 AM
Mike G
Postmaster
Denver Chapter?

Bad weather usually puts a damper on the party quickly.. I will not be in town on the 18th, but the 23rd is looking very promising. May even make it over there with the wife's car this week (look for the guy with the baby checking things out).

Spudco-I keep an eye out for the camo hat! Let me know what you are thinking on the 352/410 route. I understand that the only real issues with this would be the boring of the 352. Of course a sonic map would answer all/most of the concerns.

--Mike

Old 06-24-2003, 02:46 AM
STROKED 66
Freshman User
Denver Chapter?

IM a n00bie to this forum and was wondering if anything has been set for a f-100/f-250 club or something ? cuz i would like to join/make something up!

....I've been to the H.S on weds nights a few years ago when i had my Mustang and hung out with a few hot rod guys there. Havent been there in a few years, but when i get my 66 running again in the next couple weeks i will let you guys know!

And lastly if any of you need anything Powder coated let me know i can hook you guys up!

Old 06-24-2003, 09:27 AM
Spudco
Senior User
Denver Chapter?

Stroked 66,

I don't know of any organized Ford Truck Clubs in Denver. The PowerStroke (Diesel guys) seem to get together once in a while. Search this site for user "Paarrothead" and you'll see those guys.

I like to get over the the Hamburger Stand on Wednesdays for all the cool cars, but I'm a big FE engine fan. Chad Burns and Mike G. are other Denver area FE nuts. I hope to meet them some Wednesday night to talk about my 352 into 410 project.

What are you going to do with you 390 when you put you 460 in? Mike G. or Chad Burns might need some parts.

Have you talked to Rob McQuarie at Blue Oval Performance about your engine plans? If not, a stop by his shop is like walking into a candy shop! His number is in the book.

I plan to be at the H.Stand on Wed. Look for my camo Ford Trucks hat.

Spudco

Old 06-24-2003, 12:24 PM
fordmaniac21
Elder User
Denver Chapter?

aint that the same hat we all wear lol. i know that my favorite hat is a camo ford trucks hat. as soon as i get my 75 up and drivin in a few weeks ill come up and join yall. i am down in morrison.

Old 06-24-2003, 01:34 PM
Spudco
Senior User
Talking Denver Chapter?

Fordmaniac21,

You're right! I have seen a few of those hats around.

Here's what I'll do. I'll have on the brightest blaze orange shirt you've ever seen! That way, my head will blend in with my surroundings and my shirt will make everyone dizzy!

Look forward to seeing the '75.

Spudco

Search this Thread