Nevada August BS Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 09:30 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Nevada August BS Thread

Goodmorning Nevada & FTE friends

It's Auguast 1st already? This year has gone by way to quick!

Wishing everyone with August birthdays a Happy Birthday!
I hope you have a Wonderful Wednesday & Happy Hump Day.
So, grab your morning beverage & let's get this month started...

Old 08-01-2012, 09:53 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 221 Likes on 180 Posts
Good morning Donna and the Nevada gang, welcome to August! Gotta get some mowing done today.....

Old 08-01-2012, 09:55 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Just wanted to post an update on my trading situation...

The guy with the 1988 Bayliner Capri came out to check out the Plymouth Neon & Jimmy's 1 ton Duelly. By the time he & his wife got here, I had to tell them that the Neon's on hold for the guy with the 1987 Ninja ZX750R. (The Ninja guy wants to trade on Sunday) So anyway, he test drove the truck & definately he likes it, but his wife wants the Neon - mainly for their 16 y/o daughter. He said he'd have to think about & he'd let us know in a couple days. Jimmy said that he thinks the guy just said that because his wife was standing right there. LOL! We're hoping that he doesn't back out on it, because when we went to look at the boat, he did say he was more interested in trading for a truck.
Then lastnight, I check my email & there's a guy that "needs" a car & said that the Neon was "exactly" what he was looking for! He wants to trade his 2001 Triumph 600 TT for it. I like the looks of the Triumph better than the Ninja, but I'd take either one.
UGH!...now what? I emailed him back & told him that I had 2 people interested in it & if he wanted to trade straight across... It's 1st come,1st serve, so he better hurry! LOL!

I'll kepp you posted

Old 08-01-2012, 09:59 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Originally Posted by 97nukeford
Good morning Donna and the Nevada gang, welcome to August! Gotta get some mowing done today.....
Mowing already...so soon after surgery? Please tell me that you have a riding lawn mower? I don't want you to get hurt & reinjure it! I gotta look out for my friends, ya know?

Old 08-01-2012, 10:01 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Yep, I have a rider! I have one of the boys doing all of the trim work, so I can just cruise around! Thanks for the concern, though, Donna, I appreciate it!

Old 08-01-2012, 10:13 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Your Welcome Pat.

I just changed my avatar for this month. A friend of a friend owns it! I was drooling when I took the picture. LOL!

Old 08-01-2012, 11:35 AM
jarod17
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good morning everyone. I replaced the passenger tie rod earlier today. After taking it on a test/break-in run to the store and back, I have to adjust it some more. To hot already. Looks like I'll have to wait until the sun drops down

Good luck with your trades Donna.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:29 AM
Leonandlisa
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Haven't been in the room for awhile but finally created a shortcut so I don't forget to stop by now and then.

Leon

Old 08-02-2012, 09:40 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Morning everyone,

Well, we've made it through another day. Welcome to Thursday.

Have a wonderful day!

Jeff - The trading is coming along pretty good so far. We are now the proud owners of a 18' 1988 Bayliner open bow Capri. Jimmy traded his Chevy Dually for it. I can't wait to get it registered/insured so we can enjoy it before summer's over.

Leonandlisa - Welcome to the NV BS thread! Join in the fun! It's always nice to have new members to chat with. Hope to see you more often.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:08 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Good morning Nevada, happy Thursday! Won't be around too long, we're headed down to Kansas City, to a water park there with some friends of ours for the weekend. Should be out of here around noon-ish.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:40 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Lookie what we got!!!

Here is our new/used boat that Jimmy traded his 1988 Chevy dually for....

1988 18' Bayliner Capri open bow with a inboard 3.0!

Attached Images   
Old 08-03-2012, 11:18 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Goodmorning guys & gals,

TGIF! Have a Fabulous Friday!

Today's payday! Time to pay bills, grocery shop, & hopefully I can afford to see the chiropractor. I think I over did it cleaning the boat yesterday. Poor Jimmy...I think I kept him up most of the night tossing & turning, trying to pop my back & get comfortable. I finally got up & slept on the coach w/ an ice pack around 2am.

Ya know how things always happen in 3's? Well...

1) We haven't been back to the Lahontan to sailboard in a couple days. The last time we tried to go, we loaded the board in the 4Runner through back window & it rests against my front windshield. (like we had done prior) Well, not this time! I tried it move it over some & it cracked my windshield.

2) I figured screw it! There's nothing I can do about it now, so when we start to pull out of the driveway, I grab my sunglasses from my visor area & it got hung up & snapped off the arm/ear piece for it!

3) I gave up at that point! We're done...unload the 4Runner! We are not going anywhere else in it today!!! I didn't want to chance #3 happening in the 4Runner. So, I left it in the driveway right where it was & went inside to call Jimmy & tell him about it.

Although the kids were upset, they understood & found other things to do.

Old 08-04-2012, 04:29 AM
jarod17
Posting Guru
Sorry to hear that Donna. I hope things get better. I am a bit jealous about the boat though. But, not much in this area for one anyway. Well, Have fun.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:34 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Goodmorning Jeff, NV, & FTE friends

Have a Happy Saturday & stay cool!

Woohoo, I got to sleep in this morning! Yep... I just got up about 10 min. ago. Ofcourse now, I'll probably be dragging all day. LOL!

I think we're going to The Silver Dollar Classics Car Show at Mills Park in Carson City today. They have alot of beautiful cars there. I'll try to remember to bring the camera & get some pics.
Then tonight, we're having some friends over for a BBQ, drinks & a campfire! I think I'll make mine a bacon avocado w/ bleu & cheddar cheeseburger! Mmmm!!

Be safe & Have a fun filled day!

Old 08-05-2012, 05:25 AM
jarod17
Posting Guru
Sounds like fun Donna. Hope you had a good time.

Good morning everyone.

Quick Reply: Nevada August BS Thread