Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

Dog Days of Summer BS

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 01:01 PM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Received 843 Likes on 478 Posts
Dog Days of Summer BS

Well, summer if flying by.........Bought another farmall cub this past weekend, I needed some parts for mine as I broke a gear on the main shaft for reverse and 1st. and the clutch was on its way out.

Anyhow the parts tractor had brand new never used rear tires and rims. (my tires are ok but my rims are rusty) I pulled the top off the trans and it looks like new inside.

I've been thinking about selling the cub to buy something bigger with a loader and a guy emailed me yesterday and has a loader for sale for a cub in Cleveland. Maybe I'll keep it after I get it all fixed up again.

Going to Carlisle next weekend to look for some deals with a few of my buddies.

Trying to purchase another house for another rental. Its all set just have to get the price hashed out. Nice place and its right across the street from my place.

A few weeks and school will start up again, then the leaves will start falling then that bad word S@#$ will start coming down........

Hope everyone has had a great summer so far.

Old 07-29-2012, 01:29 PM
Flybear2000
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been so hot don here it is hard to work on the truck. Finally got the radiator mounted, and first trip out the brakes locked up on the front. So now I am replacing the brake booster/master cylinder for one mounted under the floor. Then I am replacing all the lines. Being one hell of a project.

Old 07-29-2012, 02:24 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Good afternoon to everyone...enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Old 07-30-2012, 06:30 PM
caseihman94
Senior User
Crops are lookin good.... Life is good. Haha

In 20 days I have to pack up my stuff and move into my dorm. I'll be an official buckeye down at the ATI campus down in Wooster. I'm ready for college, but at the same time, I really REALLY don't want to leave my hometown.

On a side note, you guys have any advice for long distance relationships?

Alright, I'm done

Old 08-01-2012, 08:25 AM
RUNVS
FTE Chapter Leader
Are long-distance relationships as big of a deal as they were 20 years ago? I mean, with social media, skype, texting, smartphones, s*xting, etc, etc.? I'm sure it sucks but with all these tools available in an instant I don't think there is as much "longing" as there once was. Of course, none of that replaces physical contact.

How far will you be from home caseihman? If you are in NE Ohio I would imagine not far - certainly close enough to run home for weekends, have your mom wash your laundry while you hang with your girl!!

Originally Posted by caseihman94
Crops are lookin good.... Life is good. Haha

In 20 days I have to pack up my stuff and move into my dorm. I'll be an official buckeye down at the ATI campus down in Wooster. I'm ready for college, but at the same time, I really REALLY don't want to leave my hometown.

On a side note, you guys have any advice for long distance relationships?

Alright, I'm done

Old 08-01-2012, 10:57 AM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, crap it's August!!!! Jeez, where does the time go?? I was wanting summer to get here and now it's fly'n right on by. Too hot to do much. Been racing(too hot for that too, but what are you gunno do?), riding the bike(due to the complete lack of any rain), haven't had either hot rods out yet, though I think the black car is going to a picnic this Saturday since the weather looks good so far.

Kevin, always wanted to build a loader for my 149 Cub. Just no extra cash for the parts. I guess I'll stick with borrowing my buddies bobcat? Surely quicker, but not as "cool" as ol school.

Nothin' else new to report.

As for long distance relationships? Depends how far, how long, and how well you get along now? Have a few friends married for long time that did the 2 states away thing back in the "ol days". It's all doable, just depends on both of you. Good luck with it.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:24 PM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Car show in Copley this coming Saturday. I think it starts at noon, location is the copley united methodist church off the circle.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:19 PM
caseihman94
Senior User
Originally Posted by RUNVS
Of course, none of that replaces physical contact.
I guess I'm gonna have to give video chatting a shot. But what you said couldn't be any closer to the truth! I'll only be about an hour and forty-five minutes away, so I can guarantee I'll be home every weekend! The little lady and I already live about 45 minutes away, and she is going to Slippery Rock University over in PA (which is even a little farther in the opposite direction). PLUS she's gonna be pulling a part-time job also. So the amount of time I'll get to see he will be somewhere in the ballpark of slim and none I have a feeling.

Bigwin- Why do you have to go saying that? I still don't have my '78 flare side done

Old 08-01-2012, 03:49 PM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Case, what the car show or the fact that summer will soon end?

Freight, I have a 169 cub cadet too that I thought about a loader for it as they were made for them. I have seen one. It would be nice for tight places. The farmall I think is in the middle of the road as its a "tractor" but a small tractor.

Truckrod, You going to the show?

Old 08-01-2012, 07:30 PM
caseihman94
Senior User
The car show. My friend (bodyman) has slowly been pushing back the finish date on my truck. The rate it's going it MIGHT be done by TruckFest

Old 08-01-2012, 09:03 PM
truckrod
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I might go, see what the weather is going to do.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:23 PM
Mustang6147
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is the heat ever gonna quit ?? more 90's comin our way.

I have been in a long distance relationship for over 10 years. My dad said I figured out how to stay together, She lives 125 miles away... hahaha...

Old 08-02-2012, 12:21 PM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Kevin, I was looking at building something like this:
Loader <BR>pics 1
I laid it out on CAD at work(instead of buying plans). Just need about $1500 for parts

I've seen pics of factory stuff, but that's hens teeth anymore. Besides, I have the technology!

I'd come up to Copley, but I have to be over East Canton way after lunch for big picnic/car show/BS session at friends place.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:58 PM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
I like those pics of the smaller tractors with loaders. Sure would be nice for tight places.

Old 08-02-2012, 09:17 PM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
what did you do to your Farmall hop it up to 20 hp? and now blowing your trans.Ill see what were are up to Sat.

Quick Reply: Dog Days of Summer BS