Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

June Chat/All Topic Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 02:36 AM
BigAlsPSD
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
June Chat/All Topic Thread

Well, since I'm up and haven't started an All Topic Thread, I may as well do my part!

Welcome to midway through the year already. It had been getting pretty hot and dry, but the last few days were welcome with rain/thunderstorms. And the weather today is suppose to be beautiful in the NW corner of the state.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:56 AM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes. Beautiful today. Yard greened back up

Old 06-01-2012, 10:33 AM
im2tall33
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
good morning everyone and welcome to june! last night we got a call from our very good friend and she had her baby boy last evening at 4-40 he weighs 5lbs and 3oz he was 2 weeks early, but he is a very happy and healthy baby boy!

Old 06-01-2012, 11:01 AM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
enjoy it folks, probably the last nice weekend until october.. I'm goin campin.. enjoy a few cold ones by the lake..

Old 06-01-2012, 05:40 PM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got some rain around here. Rather nice really other than I should have mowed today instead of going to get a load of cedar. Rolled across the scales 2 miles from the house at 10,160 lbs. If I cleaned out my cab I know I could get under 10k. That load ~3200, was actually the lightest of my 3 biggest. The front of the overloads didnt even touch.

Other news, found an 83/84 F350 with a 6.9/t19 I gotta drag home now.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:14 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BigAlsPSD
Well, since I'm up and haven't started an All Topic Thread, I may as well do my part!
Good job! Now to figure out who's going to bet Joe to it next month....
Welcome to midway through the year already. It had been getting pretty hot and dry, but the last few days were welcome with rain/thunderstorms. And the weather today is suppose to be beautiful in the NW corner of the state.
I washed the Princess last weekend when I heard there was a reasonable chance in this part of the state. I should have waxed it so that the rain would have been a sure thing. We didn't get the 2-3 inches of rain the weather guessers were teasing us with. Though the truck does look allot better than it did before hand.
Originally Posted by tojoski
enjoy it folks, probably the last nice weekend until october.. I'm goin campin.. enjoy a few cold ones by the lake..
You never know, good ole Al Gore might have missed the whole global warming thing. Don't drink too much Root Beer, I hear it will go to the hips.
Originally Posted by jgoodman6891
Got some rain around here.
I don't know how much y'all got...but we haven't gotten near what we thought was coming. The weather guessers made it sound like we were going to get use our wiper blades for a couple of days. Maybe next time.
Originally Posted by jgoodman6891
Other news, found an 83/84 F350 with a 6.9/t19 I gotta drag home now.
At some point your going to have to think about moving up to a PowerStroke and get away from those non-turbocharged oil burners.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:36 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Originally Posted by zhilton
I don't know how much y'all got...but we haven't gotten near what we thought was coming.
All told we got almost half an inch.

At some point your going to have to think about moving up to a PowerStroke and get away from those non-turbocharged oil burners.
That is a great idea. Then he could give away that 6.9/t-19 to somebody who wanted to put it in.....say a 79 Bronco or something.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:09 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Against my better judgement, I'm going to post in last month's thread. I'm going to need weeks of therapy to cope with it.
Well I'm not. Anyway....re the pic. Still cant see it.. I opened that post in the edit pane and checked the forum code. Looks good, but it still doesn't show for me. Dunno what's up there.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:39 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Originally Posted by cookie88
That is a great idea. Then he could give away that 6.9/t-19 to somebody who wanted to put it in.....say a 79 Bronco or something.
I beat he's got a truck or two he'd love to throw in on a deal like that.
Well I'm not.
And I thought I was the only rebel around here. Did you manage to sell the wife's old ride?
Anyway....re the pic. Still cant see it.. I opened that post in the edit pane and checked the forum code. Looks good, but it still doesn't show for me. Dunno what's up there.
I don't know either. I can see it plan as day on my Vista machine running Firefox. I logged in on a different machine (unsure about the OS) running Firefox...but the photo wasn't there. It came from PSN, so I'll go get the link and post it. You'll have to be a member of PSN to see the photo if you use the link.

PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

I thought I was being cute by "working around the system"...but clearly I'm not as computer savy as I think I am. Guess I should stick to running locomotives and working on 6.0L, I understand both quite well.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:41 PM
BigAlsPSD
Post Fiend
I figured I couldn't view it since it was an attachment from PSN and I am not a member there.

Against my better judgement, I'm going to post in last month's thread. I'm going to need weeks of therapy to cope with it.Maybe part of the rings did that? I'm guessing a miss/stumble was the only indication that something was wrong?
My thought was the rings, but no one seemed to think that was feesible. And it was a miss, accompanied with blue smoke that burned your eyes. Did a compression test and determined there was a dead hole with only 75psi.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:58 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
I figured I couldn't view it since it was an attachment from PSN and I am not a member there.
I figured it out real quick when I sent link to some motor-head buddies of mine that you had to a member of PSN to see the photo via the link. So I right clicked the photo, then "copy image location"...which I posted here by using the "insert image" tool in the advance message post feature. Like I said in my earlier post...clearly I'm not as crafty with it comes to forum posting like I think I am.
My thought was the rings, but no one seemed to think that was feesible. And it was a miss, accompanied with blue smoke that burned your eyes. Did a compression test and determined there was a dead hole with only 75psi.
I showed that to a buddy of mine and after talking between the two of us...we think it may have been a piston ring; but neither one of is quite sure how it got out of the grooves. Especially a big chunk like that. But if they were all gone off that piston, I'm willing to beat if/when you pull the oil pan you'll find some parts down there. Those dents/dings look like they have a curve to them...about the right curvature for a ring. But again, how in the world did a chunk big enough to do that make it out of ring land. I say you should get a Fed grant to study it in depth...don't want anyone else to have the same problem.

Since it's a 7.3L PSD I beat you could hone it, replace the piston with new rings and put the head back on. It should fire right up and be good for at least another 100k miles of hard pulling.

Old 06-01-2012, 11:13 PM
BigAlsPSD
Post Fiend
Oh yeah no worries on rebuilding it the walls aren't scarred up much at all. Would have like to have found the true cause even if the ring land did break due to stress or heat. I will say I do not run the same tuner as I did then.

Old 06-01-2012, 11:56 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Did you manage to sell the wife's old ride?
Not yet, but I have two folks looking at it. Need a 273000 mile Navigator?

Nor I.

Like I said in my earlier post...clearly I'm not as crafty with it comes to forum posting like I think I am.
You could try saving it as a jpeg to your desktop then uploading to an album here.... If it's that important that we see it.

Old 06-02-2012, 12:03 AM
BigAlsPSD
Post Fiend
HMM, wonder if I could fit a 7.3 in it!!!

Does it run well?

Old 06-02-2012, 12:10 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
I will say I do not run the same tuner as I did then.
Hmm, most of the carnage I've seen in the PSD forums has been because of tuners. And folks wonder why I run a stock tuned truck. Yes, I'm a chicken when it comes to aftermarket tunes/parts on the truck.
Only if it has a diesel engine under the hood.
You could try saving it as a jpeg to your desktop then uploading to an album here.... If it's that important that we see it.
It's just a cracked piston with a hole in it; ain't that important, just trying to rattle a couple of y'all. If I get board in the next couple of days I'll go through the efforts to do all that Scott. But I wouldn't hold your breath if I were you.
HMM, wonder if I could fit a 7.3 in it?
If not, I bet a 6.0L will!!!!

Quick Reply: June Chat/All Topic Thread