ENGINES DEAD THANKS SAFEWAY GAS!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 03:28 PM
chamblizi
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ENGINES DEAD THANKS SAFEWAY GAS!

Anyone know anything about swapping an engine on a 1975 Ranchero SAFEWAY GAS killed my engine. T_T I am hurting and i am in pain everything i love is gone.....

it hurts so badly :<...

Old 05-07-2012, 07:31 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How is it dead?

Old 05-07-2012, 07:47 PM
chamblizi
Senior User
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans
How is it dead?

trust me bro when i say this, Clunk, clunk, clunk, hesitation to stop then died right in the parking space. Then it made popping sounds....

Not worth the head ache for me i love that truck but it will be better just for me to trade it for a bronco or a moped. Bronco i can haul stuff and have more options to do more stuff. Moped I can drive from here all the way to cali on 30 bucks max... maybe 100

I am am broke now, its either go completely broke and unable to job search or go trade it while it still moves a little bit get a good job then go buy another. I cannot run the risk of NO TRANSPORTATION

I don't take buses, They are a complete waste of space and i find paying 3.75 for a 2 hour ride is not worth it when i can take 3.75 and ride a motor bike twice as fast and get there twice as quick.

Hell I am thinking whats best for me i don't have money to swap

Old 05-07-2012, 08:03 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Aw man, i'm sorry to hear that. Ya mopeds are nice, i actually was looking into one for a while but that is on the back burner for now. They aren't cheap but they aren't expensive. I wish you good luck though.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:04 PM
critterf1
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Step back, and take a deep breath. You're not making any sense.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:17 PM
chamblizi
Senior User
Aw man, i'm sorry to hear that. Ya mopeds are nice, i actually was looking into one for a while but that is on the back burner for now. They aren't cheap but they aren't expensive. I wish you good luck though.

yeah i am going to find me a nice one... Dip on the ranchero area for 1500 there will always be someone who is restoring stuff. There is also less then 2,000 left so i here between the torino and ranchero.

I am going to make a pimped out moped and get everything i can get out of it to make it a year around experience. (EXCEPT FOR ICY DAYS) I will throw a stereo on it and everything put like 1 6x9 in the seat if i can and throw some smaller speakers on the inner fender. Throw a little mini glass pack on it and i will be ROLLIN! LOL AHHHAHAHAHA I make every ride i have fun and throw on little minimal modifications. I find this is the only acceptable time to make a vehicle sound like a honda with the little fart tin can.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:17 PM
chamblizi
Senior User
Originally Posted by critterf1
Step back, and take a deep breath. You're not making any sense.

ehh it makes enough sense to me maybe i can throw a ford logo on a ped so i can still keep my faith.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:33 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Me and some class mates put a peashooter straight pipe on a Briggs & Straton single piston engine that we rebuilt for out class and it made it sounds super funny. Here is another idea for you that I was telling a friend of mine from the east coast for her moped.
Supercharger (air compressor) for motorcycle, motor bike, scooter, and small automobile engines

Old 05-07-2012, 08:58 PM
Lead Head
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You're not making sense because bad gas cannot suddenly kill an engine like that.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:01 PM
chamblizi
Senior User
Originally Posted by Lead Head
You're not making sense because bad gas cannot suddenly kill an engine like that.

yeah well tell it to my dead ranchero.... I had no problems before this IT IS A ONE AND A MILLION 1 SHOT KILL

down here in des moines i seen it happen to others too except there spuddering stopped after techron mine just gave out.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:08 PM
chamblizi
Senior User
Me and some class mates put a peashooter straight pipe on a Briggs & Straton single piston engine that we rebuilt for out class and it made it sounds super funny. Here is another idea for you that I was telling a friend of mine from the east coast for her moped.
Supercharger (air compressor) for motorcycle, motor bike, scooter, and small automobile engines

thanks for the info.... I have been telling people to stay away from safe way all week and i been seeing people cursing sitting on side of roads, spuddering, vehicles jerking and all. Its not coincidence. someone Safeway is *n off peoples vehicles.

I don't dog vehicles and I never had any of this happen before.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:16 PM
Lead Head
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by chamblizi
yeah well tell it to my dead ranchero.... I had no problems before this IT IS A ONE AND A MILLION 1 SHOT KILL

down here in des moines i seen it happen to others too except there spuddering stopped after techron mine just gave out.
Come on man, you're making a much bigger deal out of this then it really is. One tank of gasoline cannot_physically_kill_an_engine that quickly. Trust me on this.

Drain all the gas out, clean/replace spark plugs, put fresh gas in.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:29 PM
chamblizi
Senior User
Come on man, you're making a much bigger deal out of this then it really is. One tank of gasoline cannot_physically_kill_an_engine that quickly. Trust me on this.

Drain all the gas out, clean/replace spark plugs, put fresh gas in.
my carbs leaking badly now ~,~ got it to start... but it wont stay on it keeps doing its own thing...

Old 05-07-2012, 09:34 PM
Lead Head
Lead Driver
Like I said, you're overreacting - the engine still runs. It's not running well because your carb is leaking. Drain all the bad fuel out, flush it out with fresh fuel. Fill the tank with fresh fuel. Start from there.

Not trying to offend you, but if you can't work out how to deal with just a tank of bad gas, then you probably shouldn't be driving a 1975 Ranchero, or any vehicle with an engine really. This is really not a big deal at all.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:42 PM
chamblizi
Senior User
Like I said, you're overreacting - the engine still runs. It's not running well because your carb is leaking. Drain all the bad fuel out, flush it out with fresh fuel. Fill the tank with fresh fuel. Start from there.

Not trying to offend you, but if you can't work out how to deal with just a tank of bad gas, then you probably shouldn't be driving a 1975 Ranchero, or any vehicle with an engine really. This is really not a big deal at all.

well I am already going thru hella crap already I'm losing my mind... I have no site on what is real anymore... why the hell i am in my moms house ?! IDK! I DONT WANNA BE HERE! People are peeing me off left and right! i'm in a lame town full of losers! I belong in the back of the woods in aurburn this crap is killing me DEPRESSION!

does the carb need a rebuild though ~,~ cause it is leaking around the choke....

Quick Reply: ENGINES DEAD THANKS SAFEWAY GAS!