Sponsored by:

1975 Ranchero Rear Bumper Modification.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 10:36 PM
chamblizi
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans
A sledge hammer would work but you will need a block of wood and about 2 layers of cloth of some sort, unless you like scratches and grooves all over it... I don't really know particulars on deadblows but i know a big heavy one would make easy work of that. The guys in the paint threads might know a bit more, i would show them and ask what kind/how big of a hammer you need to fix it
kk for the top i can use a block of wood wrapped in cloth for the rest i am going to have to drap a baby blanket on it or something and have at it XD but i will ask them ...

thank you.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:06 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ya no problem, this is pretty much what i would do in that situation... but i don't have a sledge hammer, i have an axe..

Old 04-24-2012, 02:39 AM
chamblizi
Senior User
Ya no problem, this is pretty much what i would do in that situation... but i don't have a sledge hammer, i have an axe..
Lol axe = The antidote to fixing a chevy..

Old 04-24-2012, 11:20 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
ya i know right haha.

Old 04-24-2012, 12:00 PM
agaristo77
Freshman User
I had the same problem on the rear bumper of an old ltd i had. I wrapped a blanket around it, and backed it easy against a parking lot pole. Worked for me, can't say it would solve your problem. Sometimes we just have to learn how to adapt and evolve...

Old 04-24-2012, 12:26 PM
Boss351Bronco88
Senior User
I can pretty much garuntee, any bodyman/bodyshop will tell you just to replace the bumper. That it isnt worth the effort and time to try to fix it. Because you will never get it straight. At the bodyshop I used to work at. anything with a chrome bumper that even had a slight dent. Was tossed out for a new one.

And personally, I think a toolbox for a rear bumper is an invitation for theives. So probably not the best idea, unless you like having your crap stolen...Take it as you will though.

Old 04-24-2012, 02:59 PM
chamblizi
Senior User
Originally Posted by agaristo77
I had the same problem on the rear bumper of an old ltd i had. I wrapped a blanket around it, and backed it easy against a parking lot pole. Worked for me, can't say it would solve your problem. Sometimes we just have to learn how to adapt and evolve...

i know but.. ITS SUCH A EYE SOREEEEEEEEEEE LOL

*twitches* WAGGAHHH!!! X.X!

Old 04-24-2012, 03:02 PM
chamblizi
Senior User
Originally Posted by Boss351Bronco88
I can pretty much garuntee, any bodyman/bodyshop will tell you just to replace the bumper. That it isnt worth the effort and time to try to fix it. Because you will never get it straight. At the bodyshop I used to work at. anything with a chrome bumper that even had a slight dent. Was tossed out for a new one.

And personally, I think a toolbox for a rear bumper is an invitation for theives. So probably not the best idea, unless you like having your crap stolen...Take it as you will though.
Why pay 800 dollars for a bumper that's twice as jacked up. this is a old school bumper and very hard to find. For what it is worth i can have one built to fit ~<~

Old 04-24-2012, 06:58 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by chamblizi
Why pay 800 dollars for a bumper that's twice as jacked up. this is a old school bumper and very hard to find. For what it is worth i can have one built to fit ~<~
And while your having one built, try running into a pole backwards. Who knows it might work

Old 04-24-2012, 10:28 PM
chamblizi
Senior User
And while your having one built, try running into a pole backwards. Who knows it might work

I don't think thats gonna work.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:57 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Hahaha neither do i, it was a joke :P

Old 04-25-2012, 01:20 AM
chamblizi
Senior User
Hahaha neither do i, it was a joke :P

You know one day someone may fall for that i would not say that LOL

Old 04-25-2012, 01:05 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Hha ya eventually someone will do it... Its like this guy i heard about putting the NOS energy drink in his gas tank of his motorcycle because he had heard nos makes you go faster...

Old 04-26-2012, 12:22 AM
chamblizi
Senior User
Hha ya eventually someone will do it... Its like this guy i heard about putting the NOS energy drink in his gas tank of his motorcycle because he had heard nos makes you go faster...

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHA LOL i heard a crazy story too, There was this guy who drove to autozone right?... So this guy had a honda, He walks up to the counter and asks this guy who had a chebby, how does he remove water from his gas tank... cause he had fuel problems. He said you can add rice to your tank and it will asorb the water. So He goes and adds rice into his tank over night, He wakes up and attempts to go to work and he goes to start it. Guess what happen?

He got 4000 dollars worth damage to his engine and it would never would start again! lol

He tought the ricer a lesson!

XD

Anyway, I had to fix my sisters 2008 Ford Excape today ~,~, She Took it to firestone and they fudged over her vehicle because i came down and busted that they where lying about what needed to be done. They Damaged her Drive Pulley, and made it eat the belt. I kept telling her stop taking it down to firestone and now she learned her lesson and she also put in work on her vehicle for the first time ever.

We had to put a belt on and swap out the special Order Pulley.

Either way, She won because Firestone wanted to overcharge her 200 dollars for a pulley swap and some other bs. When i went down there They wanted to charge her 1300 Dollars for tires, oil change, pulley change, master cylinder replacement, and a belt.They just opened this Firestone, and its funny! Because by time i got done with them she only owed like 620 total. They tried to scam the hell out of her.

I been getting on her about changing this pulley earlier in the week but she keep bouncing and bouncing to events. What was the result of not listening again was the belt got ate as well for the bearing. So we did it and payed less then 130 for the total work swapping the pulley and adding a new belt. I told her she need to buy a OBD-II before she leaves for Atlanta Don't let no one touch her vehicle.

I ranked up pretty good and made some nice money doing it for her.

I charged 20 bucks for swapping out the pulley + bracket and adding new belt.

Old 04-26-2012, 05:02 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Nice. Ya i don't really trust places like firestone or Jiffy lube or those kinds of places. If i have to get tire work done i go to my local Discount tire, they are the best around IMO, and if i have to do any other work i usually do it myself. I learned my lesson when i had my 88 ranger. I was leaking coolant pretty badly and since i worked at a car dealership i decided to have them check it out. Turns out my rad was cracked, no biggie, then they said my tie rod ends were shot as well and recommended me to change them, ok i can have that done as well, AND i asked if the tech could look at the parking brake pedal cause i could push it but it wouldn't lock in. So he looked at it and sprayed some lube on the mech then hit the little arm that comes down with a screwdriver and it worked. For a rad replacement, tie rod ends+alignment, and that little fixing of the brake lever cost me well over $400 and that was with an employee discount... I could have done all of it besides the alignment when i was sitting thinking about it afterwards. On top of all that, my water pump started leaking shortly afterwards so i had to pull the radiator and fan off anyways to re seal it... Definitely felt stupid after that. Now if i have something i need done that is difficult such as this PS pump swap i usually come here or look elsewhere to get an idea of what has to be done and if i feel i can do it within an alotted time, i get it done.

Quick Reply: 1975 Ranchero Rear Bumper Modification.