Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Installed my John Woods Valve Body WOW!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 11:21 PM
Chipworkz
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installed my John Woods Valve Body WOW!

As the title says, one of the many things I just did was install the John Woods valve body in my e99 truck. I also used the Mobil 1 synthetic fluid, added my radiator with OTW cooler and installed the 6.0 cooler. These other things I don't contribute to the shifting performance but were changed at the same time.

I got everything put back together and took it for a test drive. MAN what a difference. From the first shift I could feel a difference. The shifts are very fast but not harsh at all. Before if would take a couple of seconds to shift between gears but now it is instant! Whether I am giving it light throttle or WOT, it shifts the same with no harshness.

I had read where a few people said they didn't notice any difference and others said it really worked. Well for me, this is now how the truck should have been from the factory. It just works and work right!

If your transmission is stock and slow to shift between gears, this is WELL worth every penny.

Oh and I got it from Riffraff.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:00 AM
cutlass
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great news! I'm looking forward to putting on my John Wood valve body when I get my truck up and running again. I can't wait to experience my transmission shift how you described.

Drake

Old 04-20-2012, 08:22 AM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Chipworkz
As the title says, one of the many things I just did was install the John Woods valve body in my e99 truck. I also used the Mobil 1 synthetic fluid, added my radiator with OTW cooler and installed the 6.0 cooler. These other things I don't contribute to the shifting performance but were changed at the same time.

I got everything put back together and took it for a test drive. MAN what a difference. From the first shift I could feel a difference. The shifts are very fast but not harsh at all. Before if would take a couple of seconds to shift between gears but now it is instant! Whether I am giving it light throttle or WOT, it shifts the same with no harshness.

I had read where a few people said they didn't notice any difference and others said it really worked. Well for me, this is now how the truck should have been from the factory. It just works and work right!

If your transmission is stock and slow to shift between gears, this is WELL worth every penny.

Oh and I got it from Riffraff.
Congrats.

If you think your trans shifts good now, get his built trans, then you will be excited.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:43 AM
JonathanN
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I love mine... that coupled with Jody's tunes (he and John Wood work together) burnt especially for the valve body makes for an unreal combo.