1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Super Duty Platinum Revealed!

Old 03-09-2012, 12:00 PM
Ford-Trucks Editors
Host
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 Super Duty Platinum Revealed!

Read (and see!) it here: 2013 Super Duty Platinum Revealed!

We might've missed the reveal at Professional Bull Riding, but we do have some photos and info for you. It's a tech heavy work truck with lots and lots of chrome. I've included the press release below if you're into that kind of thing. If you don't want to slog through the whole thing, just hit the jump above.

More Luxurious Than Ever: 2013 Ford F-Series Super Duty to Offer Platinum Series, SYNC with MyFord Touch

2013 Ford F-Series Super Duty brings no-compromise truck luxury to the market with the first-ever Platinum heavy-duty pickup, complete with unique design cues inside and out

Super Duty Platinum will offer a wealth of standard features including SYNC®, MyFord Touch®, navigation, rear view camera, Remote Start System, power-telescoping mirrors and power-adjustable pedals

For the first time, the 2013 F-Series Super Duty will also be available with a truck-specific version of SYNC with MyFord Touch, offering tactile button controls and large rotating ***** to accommodate truck users who may be wearing work gloves

DEARBORN, Mich., March 9, 2012 – Ford F-Series Super Duty customers demand a truck with toughness and capability, yet they still appreciate the amenities that make their driving experience more enjoyable. The 2013 F-Series Super Duty offers both, with a first-ever Platinum series model and the addition of SYNC® with MyFord Touch®.

"The F-Series Super Duty Platinum is the latest expression of Built Ford Tough truck luxury," said Brian Rathsburg, F-Series Super Duty Marketing manager. "It has a distinct appearance and a long list of features to deliver a superior experience. Along with that, it has all of the capability F-Series trucks are famous for."

Building on the success of the F-150 Platinum light-duty series that debuted in 2009, the F-Series Super Duty Platinum offers customers the ultimate in truck luxury.

Ford pioneered the high-end luxury truck segment in 1999 when it introduced the special-edition 2000 Harley-Davidson F-150. In 2003 the first King Ranch Super Duty arrived, followed by the 2004 Harley-Davidson Super Duty. Today, Ford sells a rich mix of high-end Lariat and King Ranch Super Duty models; the new Platinum will further meet the growing luxury needs of customers and dealers.

Available only in the Super Duty crew cab, it can be ordered as an F-250, F-350 or F-450 pickup and with the Ford-designed and Ford-built 6.7-liter Power Stroke® diesel engine or the 6.2-liter V8 gas engine.

The Platinum series makes a bold statement with a grille that features a satin chrome surround highlighted by perforated mesh inside. The updated grille is enhanced by a monochromatic bumper and chrome tow hooks.

The exterior of the Super Duty Platinum is lavished in chrome, including the door handles, mirror caps, running boards and exhaust tip. The boxside on both sides of the truck sports the "Platinum" name in chrome letters and the tailgate is trimmed with a satin chrome appliqué, similar to the one used on the F-150 Platinum. Twenty-inch polished-aluminum wheels with painted black inserts round out the stunning exterior design of the Super Duty Platinum.

The interior showcases luxury in the form of unique wood grain appliqués. The steering wheel is heated and leather-wrapped, with genuine wood accents. The instrument panel, center stack and door trims are wrapped in premium wood grain. A new storage area on top of the dash includes two USB ports, audio-video connections, SD card slot and a 12-volt charging port for cell phones and other digital devices.

The driver's seat has 10-way power-adjustable seating and both captain's chairs are upholstered with softer, premium leather, which is also used on the armrests and console. Other evidence of fine craftsmanship includes the seats and floor mats, which feature the embroidered "Platinum" logo.

Other standard features include:

SYNC with MyFord Touch
Navigation System
Power-adjustable pedals
Rear view camera
Remote Start System
Universal garage door opener
Power-telescoping mirrors

Super Duty Platinum is available in Ruby Red, Kodiak Brown, Tuxedo Black, Ingot Silver and White Platinum. Interior color offerings include Pecan and Midnight Black. Another new exterior color, Blue Jean Metallic, will be available for Super Duty models other than Platinum.

Working harder and smarter
Unlike the past when a truck was often little more than a spartan work vehicle, today's truck customers won't compromise, and they expect capability, efficiency and refinement. The 2013 F-Series Super Duty eliminates any thought of compromise.

Standard Ford SYNCbrings award-winning voice-controlled connectivity into the cab of the most capable heavy-duty trucks available. With SYNC, Super Duty drivers can connect compatible mobile phones and media players via Bluetooth® or USB to make calls and play back music using voice control. In addition, drivers will get access to Vehicle Health Report and 911 Assist®, both no-charge lifetime features, and SYNC Services including traffic alerts, business search and more – all while keeping their hands on the wheel and eyes on the road.

The 2013 F-Series Super Duty builds on the foundation of SYNC with MyFord Touch, which is available for the first time. A new 8-inch, high-resolution touch screen display gives drivers easy access to phone, climate control, entertainment and navigation features along with a dramatically expanded voice control vocabulary.

The 8-inch display screen also provides a large, clear view behind the truck when in reverse to help drivers maneuver in tight spaces or line up conventional trailers with the truck's hitch.

Unique to Ford F-Series, designers have optimized the physical interface for MyFord Touch to accommodate truck users who may be wearing work gloves by providing easy access to climate controls and audio presets on the center stack. For video of MyFord Touch in Super Duty, click here.

The latest example of F-Series leadership in truck design, innovation and technology can be found in the 2013 Super Duty Platinum, available later this year.

Old 03-09-2012, 12:30 PM
kd0axs
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks nice, too bad you will need a 30 year mortgage to buy one.

Old 03-09-2012, 12:37 PM
Fordzilla80
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Hmm, same cab style since 1999? Looks like they're trying to beat the record held by the 80-96 cabs.

Old 03-09-2012, 12:45 PM
dkf
Hotshot
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Don't look two bad, lot like the current model. Hate the Platinum tailgates though. Nothing wrong with the current cab and bed. If Ford redesigns both they will probably look worse, have less room and cost even more to buy. Some people want change just for the sake of change.

Old 03-09-2012, 12:49 PM
kd0axs
Cargo Master
It's not a redesigned truck, they are just adding the Platinum trim level.

Old 03-09-2012, 12:58 PM
greystreak92
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Just as gaudy in the nose as it has been for the past 3 years. Geez, Ford, lose the "Super Duty" text already. Do you really think no one recognizes that monster as it approaches? Don't get me wrong I'm all for the return of heavily chromed noses and tails but this thing is uglier than a '50 Nash Ambassador.

Old 03-09-2012, 12:58 PM
Fordzilla80
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by dkf
Don't look two bad, lot like the current model. Hate the Platinum tailgates though. Nothing wrong with the current cab and bed. If Ford redesigns both they will probably look worse, have less room and cost even more to buy. Some people want change just for the sake of change.
Yea, but at the rate Ford is going, even if they keep the cab and bed the same for the next 5 years, the price will probably still go up even higher.

Old 03-09-2012, 01:06 PM
RAPR
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
meh, I still have that truck beat when it comes to Chrome

Old 03-09-2012, 01:37 PM
89LX306
Fleet Mechanic
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Why do they say, "first ever Platinum heavy duty truck"? I thought there were Platinums somewhere from 99-04.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:19 PM
Fordfanatic4life
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i like the redesigned grille. and i really like the platinum emblem on the tailgate..

but the price of that truck is gunna be rude. i bet its close to 100K..

not outa my wallet.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:24 PM
SUPERDUTY_08
Elder User
its still ugly...i hate the grille....i really hate the "c clamps" on the grille as ford calls them, i hate the big water pond on the hood, and I do not like the wheel well creases......that tailgate does not look right on that red truck.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:59 PM
BrockwayMT
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+1 on the grille still ugly

That red is a nice color. The dash is terrible.

2010 dually is a much better looking truck. I don't like the plastic washtubs on the dually box.

I agree it will cost way too much. They put all the emphasis on 'luxury' trucks because of the great margin in them. I want to see some 'value' offerings. Bring back the CUSTOM CAB!

The gadgets are nice but they just cost too much IMO. The $15,000 between a KR and an XL is probably $10,000 of extra margin, maybe more. That backup camera probably costs $12. Remote start is probably another $25 worth of hardware. Sure there is development and proliferation cost, but you get my drift.

A truck that costs $53,000 is more money than my first house and my first three cars put together. One that costs $55,000 is more than my first house and first four cars. One that costs $65,000 is more than my first house and my first five vehicles put together. And I'm not 60 years old, these were all bought in the last 15 years or so...lol

Old 03-10-2012, 01:21 AM
biz4two
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up scores a 10!

Originally Posted by Fordfanatic4life
i like the redesigned grille. and i really like the platinum emblem on the tailgate..
^^^ ditto ^^^ The Grille is so much nicer and refined. The tailgate...is just about the best looking SD tailgate ever!

Plus...

I really like the new MyFORD Touch! Excellent idea...and with the 8" screen...that is Hi Res...I'm liking it!

The interior seat color pecan...is seems better than the KR seat color...IMHO. But...still not sure...until I see in person.

Nice job FORD!!!

biz

Old 03-10-2012, 02:05 AM
archtaan
Post Fiend
Very nice. I wonder if it will push the $70K mark with the 6.7?

Old 03-10-2012, 02:45 AM
kd0axs
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by archtaan
Very nice. I wonder if it will push the $70K mark with the 6.7?
I don't think it will push $70K, I'm guessing it will run right over that $70K mark.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2013 Super Duty Platinum Revealed!