North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:Benztechnc

We Need To Connect - Pics, Hobbies, Social Networks, Etc.

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 11:32 AM
Furian
You Keep What You Kill
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We Need To Connect - Pics, Hobbies, Social Networks, Etc.

Hey NC Chapter Members, our forum is in need of some activity and maybe adding your pic(s), hobbies, social network (Facebook link) will allow us to get to know each other better. As a result, we can better plan future GTG's that are of interest to the NC Chapter members. Maybe we can even create a Facebook page for the NC Chapter so that we can post up additional information about our hobbies and activities.

Here is a pic of me with my precious little friend Heather, who has Lennox Gastraut Syndrome (LGS). For the past four months, Heather encompasses all of my free time.

Hobbies - I use to be an avid sportbike rider and need to get my 2006 Suzuki GSXR-750 up and running again.

My Facebook Link:
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile....00000391488141

Old 03-05-2012, 07:42 AM
usmctadpole
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree I have started a facebook just for that in hopes to start meeting up with some people with the same passion. Like us on Facebook S.W.A.T. Off Road | Facebook

Old 03-05-2012, 07:58 AM
Furian
You Keep What You Kill
I checked out the Facebook page... pretty cool. There are lots of nice Ford trucks. I assume that at least one person is a member of S.W.A.T.?

Also, I recommend that you join the NC Chapter since you live in NC.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:12 AM
usmctadpole
Junior User
So far there are 8 real members. But hope to grow so we can hit some trails and have meet and greats with alot of people. Just a way to get out of the house once a month and have fun with people that share our passion. As far as real SWAT no but we have some Army, Coast Guard, and Marines with a dream of SWAT lol.

Last edited by usmctadpole; 03-05-2012 at 08:15 AM. Reason: forgot something
Old 03-05-2012, 11:48 AM
ncheavymetal
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im trying man. I have a monthly contest that I can't get anyone to participate. I have tried two get togethers in the past two months with little interest. (One we missed each other) I plan to try another g2g this month. Im hopeful that warmer weather will bring more folks out.

I don't facebook or twitter but that's great that some do and hope it will help make some connections. Beside get togethers the main thing is for more folks to stop in and just say a few words or share the events from their weekend.

It has been my observation the chapter goes though highs and lows with participation. (Myself included) While it hasn't been exceptionally busy lately there has been more chatter the past few months.

Keep up the ideas to keep folks interested. Thanks.

Re:LGS
Is this a family member? Are you a big brother or other type of supporter? Awesome you are taking time to help out someone in need.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:48 PM
usmctadpole
Junior User
If the monthly contest had only to do with trucks more people would be intersected. That's what everyone is on here for anyway.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:05 PM
Furian
You Keep What You Kill
Originally Posted by ncheavymetal
Im trying man. I have a monthly contest that I can't get anyone to participate. I have tried two get togethers in the past two months with little interest. (One we missed each other) I plan to try another g2g this month. Im hopeful that warmer weather will bring more folks out.

I don't facebook or twitter but that's great that some do and hope it will help make some connections. Beside get togethers the main thing is for more folks to stop in and just say a few words or share the events from their weekend.

It has been my observation the chapter goes though highs and lows with participation. (Myself included) While it hasn't been exceptionally busy lately there has been more chatter the past few months.

Keep up the ideas to keep folks interested. Thanks.

Re:LGS
Is this a family member? Are you a big brother or other type of supporter? Awesome you are taking time to help out someone in need.
James, we all know that you have done your best to get the NC Chapter going again... I was just looking for ways to bring the member together whatever means were necessary. I do believe that 2012 will be the best year yet for the NC Chapter!

As for Heather, I met her last November at Levine Children's Hospital located in Charlotte, NC. Heather was in critical condition and in PICU. We connected very quickly and I have devoted my time to her for the past four months. I'm not working so I have the time right now. Heather is precious to me as you can see from my Facebook page. I have no children but she is mine...

Old 03-05-2012, 08:08 PM
Furian
You Keep What You Kill
Originally Posted by usmctadpole
If the monthly contest had only to do with trucks more people would be intersected. That's what everyone is on here for anyway.
While I agree with your comment, we all have hobbies outside of trucks and if those hobbies bring the NC Chapter members together, then it's all good. I'm looking forward to a motorcycle ride with other NC Chapter members sometime soon.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:43 AM
ncheavymetal
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wasn't taking it personally. Just saying I was trying. And I appreciate you trying get more folks involved.

How great for y'all to have that connection. Im sure both your lives are richer from the experience.

As far as the contest: Many of the monthly events are solely about the truck. February was cleanest truck.

Last edited by ncheavymetal; 03-06-2012 at 07:57 AM. Reason: unnecessary comments removed
Old 03-07-2012, 08:26 AM
fuzzy1626
Cargo Master
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
I'am not into the Facebook thing. I belong to six drag racing forums. As I post every year, I'll be at The Rock for the Spring Civil Wars 3/30,31 & 4/1.
Any other members going, look me up. Should be in the trees,upper road, right side of gate, close to the scales. Or look for the old fart with a beard in a straw hat, buzzing around on a blue mini scooter (standing up).

Old 03-08-2012, 06:21 AM
wp120470
Posting Guru

I think the olympics is a good idea. Unfortunbately I sold my little ranger and don't have a Ford truck anymore. I do fleet service on 3 pest control companies and 90% of the trucks I work on are Rangers. I think more so that most of us are just strapped for time more this time of year. Spring is upon us and, unfortunately yard work and cleaning up around the property is in full swing. I went out and wasted some ammo in Jan. but believe me it wasn't pretty. And I sure as heck wasn't going to put that picture up unless worst shot group was the contest. But no body seems to want to get together. In the who all rides I proposed a GTG for the weekend of 3/24 maybe everyone meet at a golden coral and invade one of their seperated rooms and have a meal together. Hey just an idea. Anywhere is cool with me and Hopefully the sun will be out so I can strech the bikes legs again.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:57 AM
cpeters1965
Freshman User
Well for me fixing my XLT is more necessity than fun (but starting to grin when I do have to twist a wrench.
for hobbies i do photography, renaissance re-enactment, homebrewing and steampunk