Mileage: 15000
Color: Red
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): SD
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: 4WD & AWD
Color: Red
Engine: 400 V8

Decided it's time to sell my third child... Can't support a truck habit and a Harley habit, and the Harley has won.

1979 F150 Ranger 4x4.
Rebuilt 400 V8.
Edlebrock intake and 4bbl.
C6 auto.
Full body and interior restoration.
31x10.50 Wranglers on 15 inch American Racing wheels.
15,000 miles since restoration was completed in 2008.

The truck was restored by a professional body man. The engine was a crate motor from Advance Auto. He put that in the truck, put around 1000 miles on it, then began a two year body restoration. He went for a minimal chrome look when he restored it so there is no racetrack trim. He shaved the rain gutters and filled the bed stake holes. Bed has a spray-in liner. The box and hood were rust free originals from Texas. The fenders, cowl, cab corners, etc. were new aftermarket parts.

Seat and headliner were recovered in matching red velour. Interior was completely painted. Dash pad and door panels were replaced. Carpet is original and in great shape. Has factory AC however I have chosen not to install a compressor. I have the condensor and hoses.

It has always been garage kept, however, I have driven it regularly. It's got a few minor rock chips, and one small door ding on the passenger side door. The driver side door edge has a small kink from a minor garage mishap that was my fault.

Since I've owned the truck I've replaced the following items:
-Rebuilt power steering box.
-Replaced rear brakes (drums and pads). The prior owner had redid them but screwed up the auto adjuster and it gouged the drums shortly after I bought the the truck.
-Replaced cab bushings (not sure why he didn't do that before).
-New Warn lockout hubs
-New U-joints
-Drive shaft was professionally balanced
-New heater core

It has a couple small oil drips... I think it's one of the valve covers and the rear main. I do not have to add oil between changes. The truck runs great and rides/handles great. 4x4 works with no issues. I do not know the age of the C6, it shifts firm and I've never had to do anything to it. The truck has never let me down in the 3+ years I've owned it, and I personally have put 15000 miles on it over that time. Took it on one 400 mile weekend trip and it never missed a beat. I would not hesitate to drive it cross country.

PM me for more details. I will consider reasonable offers. Shipping/transport will be your responsibility. I am 60 miles from Sioux Falls airport, and 115 miles from Omaha airport and I could meet you at either one.

Attached Images        
Old 03-19-2012, 10:03 AM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Couple more photos since the attached ones make the truck look orange... it is bright red.

Also, got an estimate from a local AC shop for $700 to get the factory AC working again.

Attached Images    
Old 04-09-2012, 12:07 AM
jimmckendree
New User
Hey Rob,

I just stumbled upon this. Do you know the history of this truck before you owned it? I had an identical one in High School and have been looking for it.

Thanks!
Jim

Old 04-09-2012, 08:16 AM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by jimmckendree
Hey Rob,

I just stumbled upon this. Do you know the history of this truck before you owned it? I had an identical one in High School and have been looking for it.

Thanks!
Jim
Howdy Jim... The guy I got it from had it when he was in high school. I'm guessing that was around 8 or 9 years ago... I believe it's been in the north eastern part of Nebraska for a lot of years. I don't remember what he told me the exterior color was before he restored it, however, since the carpet is still original, I know the interior was red.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:43 AM
jimmckendree
New User
The interior of mine was red with black trim as well, and the exterior looked identical to yours, even had the same wheels. I sold it in 97 or 98 in Wyoming. Maybe it made its way to Nebraska? Would you mind sharing the VIN? I have been wanting to get the truck back, but I am not opposed to getting one that is very similar either.

THanks,
Jim

Old 04-09-2012, 02:10 PM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Here is the VIN: F14HPEE1177

If you want to email me directly, you can do so...

rtweightman @ gmail.com