CNG F 350 7.5 DRW

Old 02-15-2012, 02:04 AM
J-Martinez
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CNG F 350 7.5 DRW

I have a 96 F-350 Crew Cab Dually and I am upgrading to CNG .

CNG is about 2.00 a GGE right now and the USA has enough of it to run on for over 100 years.

The Kit with CNG 3600 LBS tank cost me 2117.00.
The Truck will run on both CNG or Gasoline.

My Plan is to two our fifth wheel around the country showing folks what CNG can do.
I will post pictures as the project goes on..

Old 02-15-2012, 08:02 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Moved to proper forum.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:24 AM
jimandmandy
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Please keep us updated on the project. Factory CNG setups on new trucks cost way too much. We have has several CNG passenger cars in the family over the years, all factory-built dedicated, except the current Chevy Cr#piler, which is dual fuel, also came from GM that way.

Old 02-15-2012, 12:43 PM
J-Martinez
New User
Originally Posted by jimandmandy
Please keep us updated on the project. Factory CNG setups on new trucks cost way too much. We have has several CNG passenger cars in the family over the years, all factory-built dedicated, except the current Chevy Cr#piler, which is dual fuel, also came from GM that way.

How well do you like your CNG Cars ?

I know what you mean on the factory stuff , But as Oil continues to go up I have a feeling that the extra money will be over looked with the cost on new cars.

I figure that my 2100 investment into the 96 will pay for it self.
Here is where I bought my system from.
HOME CNG conversion kits cylinders tanks

I will post videos and pics of the installation of this kit.
I hope that I can show others with trucks like ours we do not need to pay $5.00 a gallon for fuel.

I have been watching Oil prices for the past two years and I feel we are being played by the investors.
I also don't like to give my money to countries who are don't have our best interests in mind

Old 02-15-2012, 01:20 PM
jimandmandy
Post Fiend
The CNG cars have not been perfect, but we keep coming back to them. The Ford dealer that was supposedly specially trained could not diagnose an over rich condition with the Crown Vic that overheated the cat to the point that the carpet started to smoke. Honda stuck us with an experimental transmission (CVT) that came in the GX model as well as the hybrid. The second GX Civic had a conventional automatic. We sold that car for more than originally paid because demand is so great. Honda charged a $5000 premium new over a comparably equipped gasoline car, but California and the Feds paid the difference as a tax credit. The current Chevy, purchased used from a city fleet, has had no issues.

As for how they run, power is down a little, but you dont really notice it. Short range and unreliable fuel gauge is the only downside. With a low tank in cold weather it can stall as the pressure drops.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:59 PM
cj06
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CNG is a good way to go if you have a good source for it !
last i heard Utah , Colorado and a couple others jump on board with CNG and expanded the filling stations but down here in AZ there were only a few places around the state to fill up with and the price was equal to the price of gas !
if one has NG at there house then there is a filling station that they can get to fill up in there own driveway !
there was a web sight that would tell you were all of the filing stations are in the USA !

Old 02-26-2012, 05:00 AM
J-Martinez
New User
The parts should be here this week !
Will post a video of how we are installing the CNG System and the Tanks.

Also will give reports on how it all is working!

Old 02-27-2012, 11:23 AM
jimandmandy
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by cj06
if one has NG at there house then there is a filling station that they can get to fill up in there own driveway !
Been there, done that. Bottom line, not worth the effort by the time you get the permits, buy the device, pay for installation, realize that the device has a limited life and will shut down and become worthless after, pay for the gas and pay for electricity to run the device (not at all trivial in CA).

Old 02-27-2012, 12:56 PM
cj06
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by jimandmandy
Been there, done that. Bottom line, not worth the effort by the time you get the permits, buy the device, pay for installation, realize that the device has a limited life and will shut down and become worthless after, pay for the gas and pay for electricity to run the device (not at all trivial in CA).
can you give more details on this ? and did you know about it before you went forth with it ?

Old 02-28-2012, 09:40 AM
jimandmandy
Post Fiend
Times out at 6,000 hours (3,000 gallons). Must send back to Fuelmaker for a $2,000 refurbish. Not really "worthless" but you get my point. My brother bought a used unit and we didnt fully understand this. I dont remember the price or how much life was left.

Note the 1/2 gallon per hour rate. That will not fill up a large tank overnight.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:00 PM
cj06
Posting Guru
never seen that info in any info that i have read thanks !

Old 03-04-2012, 10:10 PM
J-Martinez
New User
Well all the stuff for the CNG has arrived at my home.
This week I will be installing the CNG system.
Will updated as it goes.

Old 04-22-2012, 12:39 AM
J-Martinez
New User
The CNG System has been installed and works.
LnJ CNG National Tour

First fill up cost $75.00 for 40 GGE of fuel.
Also the system cost was about $2500.00.

It all works very well and I am getting about one MPG less than Gasoline.
More pics and information here.
LnJ CNG National Tour

Old 05-03-2012, 10:04 PM
baddad457
Post Fiend
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by J-Martinez
How well do you like your CNG Cars ?

I know what you mean on the factory stuff , But as Oil continues to go up I have a feeling that the extra money will be over looked with the cost on new cars.

I figure that my 2100 investment into the 96 will pay for it self.
Here is where I bought my system from.
HOME CNG conversion kits cylinders tanks

I will post videos and pics of the installation of this kit.
I hope that I can show others with trucks like ours we do not need to pay $5.00 a gallon for fuel.

I have been watching Oil prices for the past two years and I feel we are being played by the investors.
I also don't like to give my money to countries who are don't have our best interests in mind
I'm looking for oil and gasoline prices to come down dramatically when two things happen: The first thing that needs to take place is to vote Obama out of office, along with all his anti-oil minions. Second, the price you're now paying for oil is financing the oil drilling boom in the Bakken and Eagle-Ford Shale formations in the Dakotas and S. Texas. As more oil drilling and production ramps up in oil shale(the Tuscaloosa shale drilling is just ramping up as I type this here in S.Louisiana), look for the prices to fall, just like they did in the past 6 years after the natural gas shale drilling took off. The low price you're paying now for CNG is a direct result of the boom in shale gas drilling. Prices have fallen from the $8-9 range down into the $2 range it is today.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:25 PM
Papa Tiger
Temporarily Deactivated
Received 3,425 Likes on 2,340 Posts
Thanks a guy in California was looking for this.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CNG F 350 7.5 DRW