6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Power Door Lock wiring diagram.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 10:04 AM
NavyPowerstroker
More Turbo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power Door Lock wiring diagram.

Hey y'all, it has been a long time since I have posted on here. Does anyone have or know where I can get a power door lock wiring diagram? Here is the problem I am having. The in cab door locks do not work at all to lock or unlock the door. The fuse keeps blowing. It will be fine for a short period then it will blow again. I have a viper alarm and remote start. The remote start works all the time. The viper remote will always lock the doors but doesn't always unlock the doors. Sometimes when I press the unlock, I will still have to use the key to unlock the doors. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-28-2012, 11:35 AM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,098 Likes on 998 Posts
Check Auto Zone's web site for the schematic. Free.

Old 02-04-2012, 06:23 PM
NavyPowerstroker
More Turbo
Thank you. I found them there. I just need to find some time to start screwing with it now. Anybody have any suggestions on where to start?

Old 02-04-2012, 09:07 PM
Snuggyworm
Postmaster
if tat particular fuse is blowing all the time, then it means there is not enough resistance before the fuse. since u mentioned bout tat viper alarm having a lock / unlock feature, there is a possibility tat the feature is tied into the stock lock / unlock feature of ur car. not directly, but tats where it will head towards to perform the lock / unlock function.

hence, there is not enough resistance going towards tat fuse.

one way to resolve it is to use thicker gauge wires to replace the wires of ur viper system. jus replace the wires tat tap into ur current setup. tat might create some resistance and it wont blow ur fuse all the time.

another possibility is tat when the viper alarm was installed, it was jus piggy-backed onto ur current stock setup. from wat i understand of these aftermarket alarm systems tat is chocked full of extra features, e.g. remote start, lock / unlock, etc., i tink some stock features are supposed to be disabled or cut off, so tat the new viper system's features can take the place of tat original function.

for example, ur lock / unlock feature on ur truck was supposed to be cut off or bypassed or removed so as to make way for ur viper system's lock / unlock wiring to take its place to do the job right. right now, it may be a clash of functions.

sorry for being so long-winded. u might wan to check on the wiring diagram of ur viper system if it's not too old. if it's an older viper system, chances are u might not be given a wiring diagram at all. they'll try to upsell u on a new viper system.

i hope the info helps.

Old 02-04-2012, 09:10 PM
Snuggyworm
Postmaster
another way is u could trace the particular wire to the fuse and put in an aftermarket resistor before the fuse. usually, aftermarket products come wif the resistor or they'll splice the wiring to create a separate and higher amp fuse for tat. maybe even a separate relay as well.

maybe they didnt do tat. i dunno. jus a thought.