Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Tulsa Area GTG @ Gary's

Old 01-24-2012, 08:03 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Tulsa Area GTG @ Gary's

The next Tulsa area FTE meet & greet, or GTG, is scheduled for March 17th. We'll gather about 1:00 PM and go for as long as we want. And, before you ask, this is FTE-wide, not limited to models. But, my bet is the 80-86 trucks will outnumber the others.

For those that haven't been to my shop, please PM me or send me a message via email and I'll send directions.

Ciao,
Gary

Old 01-25-2012, 12:33 PM
Rogue_Wulff
Post Fiend
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Weather and other factors permitting, I'll try to be there.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:18 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Sounds good! It is entirely possible only 4x4's will be here on that day as we've seen some of our heaviest snows in March. But, looking at the picture from last year, which was about the same time, maybe we'll get that weather all over again.

Old 01-25-2012, 06:43 PM
Rogue_Wulff
Post Fiend
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Hmmm, what to drive?
The Ranger F100, the Ranger F150, or the Ranger B2300.....

I know! The Rx7! But which one? (got 3 of those too)

Or, if it snows, the SIL's Bronco II.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:14 AM
ncfirefighter46
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i can try to be there but it would be after 1 pm i get in at 7 am from work i need to get some sleep lol

Old 01-26-2012, 09:22 AM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
We won't even start until after 1 PM, so that'll work fine. I see I have a PM from you, so assume that's for directions. Coming right up.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:35 PM
jwtimme
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
gary I hope to bring the race car this time, hope we have some nice weather

Old 01-29-2012, 06:06 AM
ncfirefighter46
Elder User
got your pm gary and nice weather is always a plus i look forward to the GTG it is always nice to put a face with a name make new friends. because you never know when you might need there help.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:16 AM
bruno2
Postmaster
I plan on being there with the Bronco. Maybe next yr I will have Whitey dressed up and looking presentable for the GTG.

I was wondering if we should try to do a state wide function sometime. I have seen some OKC and that area members on the board. Maybe when we have some nice weather we could organize something at some location in the middle and have a big gathering. Like a lunch or something to that nature. I was just thinking it would be nice to have an inside track on what the salvages in that area have as well as what some of the members have for parts they either need or want to sell. Just a thought.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:11 AM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by bruno2
I plan on being there with the Bronco. Maybe next yr I will have Whitey dressed up and looking presentable for the GTG.

I was wondering if we should try to do a state wide function sometime. I have seen some OKC and that area members on the board. Maybe when we have some nice weather we could organize something at some location in the middle and have a big gathering. Like a lunch or something to that nature. I was just thinking it would be nice to have an inside track on what the salvages in that area have as well as what some of the members have for parts they either need or want to sell. Just a thought.
Good idea. Maybe we can discuss it at the GTG, including a good location.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:47 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Sounds like fun. Thanks for the invite Gary. I hope to make it this time. (Hope the winter weather is gone by then too. )

Old 02-01-2012, 01:08 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by cigarxtc
Sounds like fun. Thanks for the invite Gary. I hope to make it this time. (Hope the winter weather is gone by then too. )
Good! As for the weather, if this weather is gone what will replace it? We've got 61 at the moment and it is only 1:00 PM.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:06 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Reminder - Two weeks from today!!

Ok folks, just a reminder - the meet & greet is 2 weeks from today. I have the following as probably showing, but if I'm wrong please advise.
  • Ellen & Clint Knox (don't remember Ellen's handle)
  • Bruno2
  • Rogue_Wulffe
  • Yaga1973
  • ncfirefighter46
  • jwtimme
  • Uncle_Meat
  • cigarxtc
This isn't limited to any series of truck. In fact, it isn't even limited to Ford trucks as I think a Mazda may show, although I think the FE is begging for some road time.

And, we may actually work on a truck or two. I'm hearing that we may do a how-to on window motor rebuilds. Further, I plan to have Rusty off the lift by then so you could put your ride on there to do something or just see what it looks like. Or, maybe change oil and filter?

Anyway, I hope you can come. The more, the merrier!

Old 03-03-2012, 09:41 PM
bruno2
Postmaster
I would like to do a power window "how to" while we are out there. It would make a neat thread and I/we(hopefully I can get the jist of uploading pics) could post some pics of the FTE bunch in action. Both my passenger side window and the tailgate window motors need some attention. However, I have heard the tailgate window takes a little while to get the motor off and on . So I think if I just do the passenger window it would be wonderful. I dont want to hog up all the GTG time so that others could do something if they needed to . I am sure there will be trucks and stuff we might want to go for a ride in as well. I saw some neat looking stuff in the mugshot section of some the rides that were there last yr. I am planning on bringing Kris my son if I can get him away from his PS3 for a little while.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by bruno2
I would like to do a power window "how to" while we are out there. It would make a neat thread and I/we(hopefully I can get the jist of uploading pics) could post some pics of the FTE bunch in action. Both my passenger side window and the tailgate window motors need some attention. However, I have heard the tailgate window takes a little while to get the motor off and on . So I think if I just do the passenger window it would be wonderful. I dont want to hog up all the GTG time so that others could do something if they needed to . I am sure there will be trucks and stuff we might want to go for a ride in as well. I saw some neat looking stuff in the mugshot section of some the rides that were there last yr. I am planning on bringing Kris my son if I can get him away from his PS3 for a little while.
Great - both for Kris coming awa the project. And, as I said in the PM, I'll show you how to use rubber hose instead of nuts to replace the bushings in the window motors. Gives the cushioning that Ford planned on with the bushings, but doesn't disintegrate.

And, we can post the pics directly to your FTE albums right from the shop during the GTG.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tulsa Area GTG @ Gary's