Hey Ron

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 04:13 AM
oz 66
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Ron

Ron,
Given this great weather that we are experiencing again, was just wondering how the webbing on your feet is holding out.
All good down the bayside.
Cheers mate Oz66

Old 01-24-2012, 06:24 AM
RottenRon
Senior User
Originally Posted by oz 66
Ron,
Given this great weather that we are experiencing again, was just wondering how the webbing on your feet is holding out.
All good down the bayside.
Cheers mate Oz66
Up the shyte m8.
Nervous as hell. The bloody gutter overflowed last time, and the water gushed down my driveway to the garage doors.
With 6" of water against them, it was inevitable that downstairs would get wet. Last time, we had about 1/2 to 1" right through,,,,, office and all.
Obviously not the disaster that a lot of people had,,, but I don"t want a repeat.
I made a rubber seal, 8" high up the doors as well as a removable sleeper and seal right across each door. I'm not that confident as the floor is texture coated,, but it should help.
I got that paranoid after the last episode, I even bought a bloody great wet vac just in case. Now, all I gotta do is be home when it happens,,lol.

How ya been anyway? Ya been cruizin yet? I'm managed to do a couple more events since I saw ya last.
Got a new report on the Thanksgiving Day, (All American day) at Lakeside.
Me and efy had a ball.
Oh yeah,,, new project. I'm building a half scale, 32 Ford Roadster Mini Hot Rod. Should end up about 2.2m long, 1 to 1.2m wide. Using scratch built front end, the LSD guts out of Silvia diff converted to chain drive. 10 x 5" mini hotwires etc. Oh yeah,, the powerplant,,, a 750cc Kawasaki Ninja motor, about 125hp. Hope to keep it around 300 kg. all up.
Better get this one right or it'll kill me,,lol.
Efy will get the transporter duties. Jet black,, true flames on the front, and the Harry's Dinner Logo will get pride of place on the boot,,,,, trunk to you yanks,,,lol.
Check out my website. The link should be below. Nothing on the mini rod yet,, but will start taking pics soon.
Cheers, M8

Old 01-25-2012, 01:19 AM
oz 66
Junior User
Looks like the worst is over Ron.
Are your feet still dry, I'm so glad we live on a hill and don't have to worry about any of that crap. My only concern with constant rain is will my pool overflow? (major worry)
The xmas cruise was a ripper, only way to go when you don't have family to worry about, except for two boys who like their cocktails,paid their own way there was no way we were dipping into our piggybank again for them.
Three mates and I are off to NZ on Friday arvo for Historic race meeting just south of Auckland. Should be good. Two of them are building cars for the transam series and have been spending Saturdays helping to fab frames and cages etc. Love the Transam racing both here and in the US.
The mini roadster sounds good, it will be interesting to see some progress as time allows.
You may want to put Bayside Vehicle Restorers Aussie Day event on the site, it's been moved to Feb 12, check out their website. It is a bloody huge event at Ormiston every Year, deferred because of this magnificent January weather.
Beertime Bud JD.

Old 01-25-2012, 03:39 AM
RottenRon
Senior User
Originally Posted by oz 66
Looks like the worst is over Ron.
Are your feet still dry, I'm so glad we live on a hill and don't have to worry about any of that crap. My only concern with constant rain is will my pool overflow? (major worry)
The xmas cruise was a ripper, only way to go when you don't have family to worry about, except for two boys who like their cocktails,paid their own way there was no way we were dipping into our piggybank again for them.
Three mates and I are off to NZ on Friday arvo for Historic race meeting just south of Auckland. Should be good. Two of them are building cars for the transam series and have been spending Saturdays helping to fab frames and cages etc. Love the Transam racing both here and in the US.
The mini roadster sounds good, it will be interesting to see some progress as time allows.
You may want to put Bayside Vehicle Restorers Aussie Day event on the site, it's been moved to Feb 12, check out their website. It is a bloody huge event at Ormiston every Year, deferred because of this magnificent January weather.
Beertime Bud JD.
G'day m8. Ha ha, the feet are dry, although I hear the rain's coming back again. We'll keep our fingers crossed it's not gunna be too bad.
NZ aye. Careful old son, some of my kiwi mates reckon the sheep a quite seductive over there,,, lol. Anyway, hope ya have a good time.
The Transam stuff sounds like a lot of fun, expensive, but fun. I've only got a small (half a ) budget, hence the half scale hot rod,,,,lol.
The Bayside Club event is on the calendar, both tomorrow, 26th, (explaining the postponement) and again on the 12th Fed. as the rescheduled event.
I reckon "efy" and I might come along. I assume we'll see you there.
Cheers, Ron.

Old 01-25-2012, 03:51 AM
oz 66
Junior User
Yeah Ron
I'll be at Ormiston on the 12th, a word to the wiser, get there early as it is a major event. Prob the largest on the southside with over 400 cars most years of late.
The transams are not that exxy compared to what a lot of others spend and they are a great bunch of guys who help each other out should anything go wrong.
Sheep are not an issue as one of the group says he has organised the hookers for Saturday. These are probably from the local footy club eh.
Time will tell.