Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

I'm new and I wanted you to know

Old 01-05-2012, 04:45 AM
FreeOperator
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm new and I wanted you to know

I was just recently accepted into the WA chapter, which works out great. I mean, if I wasn't accepted I was going to have to move.

But I think I barely passed the test, so here I am.

My name is Matt and I'm just returning to Seattle from Ellensburg. And with my return I bought a used truck, that's in excellent shape considering where it's been, and I've got some work to do.

So I'm hoping to lean on some knowledge here, I don't have any experience with repair work, save for a brake job I did once on an Acura Legend, but I do my own fluids, so I figure that's so of a start.

Anyway, I'm a bit of smart alec, I hope that doesn't get me in trouble. I look forward to the group weigh ins and/or assistance. I'm pretty sure I need all that I can get.

Old 01-05-2012, 11:21 PM
Buzz44
Posting Guru
Welcome Matt to FTE Washington chapter. Im not in here very often. Im usually up on the 61-66 truck forum. I have 2 build threads going in the projects forum. I usually will post if I think that any of the experience Ive gained working on these things and other things mechanical the better part of my life will help shed some light on a problem someone is having that I may have already run into before. I do crawl around on the Wash St chapter forum from time to time just to see whats going on. If you have any questions about something you are working on dont hesitate to catch up with me either on my builds or through pm. Take care.

Old 01-05-2012, 11:34 PM
FreeOperator
New User
Thanks Buzz! Appreciate the welcome!

And seeing as you're in Colbert, I'm guessing your expertise was in such demand you had to head for the hills!

Take care sir!

Old 01-06-2012, 08:43 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Welcome to WAFTE i usually reside in the 78-96 big bronco section, i have a 78 i have a little mechanical knowledge and just started my own project thread so hopefully it doesn't bomb too hard. I do skim through here occasionally to see whats new.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:18 PM
crash1
Posting Guru
Welcome to the wa chapter.hope to see in here and through out FTE. i'm trying to get this dead chapter up a running like it use to but its tough,so it will be nice to have one more in here to yak it up with..lol

Old 01-06-2012, 09:21 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Well then lets yak it up in here

Old 01-06-2012, 10:19 PM
FreeOperator
New User
What did the two of you have in mind?

Old 01-06-2012, 10:49 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Um dunno, we had been talking about meeting up somewhere kind of in the middle of where everyone lives to kind of have our own FTE bbq or something. Also there is Monster Jam going on at the Tacoma Dome, but i won't be able to make that cause i need to fix my truck... It probably won't be cheap either. And another thing is where i live we have an annual " Algona Days" where we have a car show and they have a 4x4 class that i plan to get in. Unfortunately it is usually based on paint scheme or something. My brother entered his 84 bronco in while it was covered in mud from a recent mud race:
Brothers truck on the right

And there was a dark pink jeep wrangler with big lo-pros on and it won over a REAL 4x4. But whatever its more about having fun than winning.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:56 PM
FreeOperator
New User
You live in Algona? Wow, small world. Yea, we should have a meetup, but since it sounds like a lot of us are new to each other, I'm not sure anyone would be privy to inviting everyone to their pad, so maybe the first one should be at a public place.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:06 PM
crash1
Posting Guru
sorry guys i jumped over to the 2012 thread to yak it up but where ever dont matter...lol

Old 01-06-2012, 11:07 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Well ya, i had thought about going to Flaming Gyser Park and having a BBQ or something there, but i don't know if they are still charging park admission. But i don't know of many places to meet at.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:10 PM
FreeOperator
New User
I've never been there but it sounds as good as anywhere else. The one thing is, I'm not sure how interested people would be in bbqing in January. The weather is starting to make the turn finally.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:20 PM
FreeOperator
New User
And yes, all state parks they do charge a daily rate of 10 bucks, or you can buy the discover pass for 30 bucks for the year.

They will not be dropping those fees ever again.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:25 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Dang $10 thats a lot... I figured during summer would be better to meet up. It would also be cool to go to somewhere like Evans Creek over in Carbonato to do some off roading.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:26 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Also, Flaming Geyser is cool cause that have a natural gas geyser and a bubbling sulfur geyser and some other hiking spots.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I'm new and I wanted you to know