Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Undercover Flex tonneau cover

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Craddosk
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Undercover Flex tonneau cover

Thoughts? The place I stopped in at just had their model set up, but mentioned it was design to compete with the Bak Flip, but with some smarter changes (locking at each lift point, holding mechanisms, etc.)

Thoughts on it?

On a side note, noticed an undercover tonneau cover (fabric based) that guys were frantically shoving into a trailer, guess it had blown off in the wind!

Old 12-06-2011, 09:42 AM
TruckDaddy
Elder User
Undercover doesn't make a fabric cover.

Both the Bakflip and Flex lock at each lift point. Some Bakflip owners report that the seals wear out in a year or so. Don't know about the Flex, it has not been field tested yet.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:29 PM
Champ198
Elder User
Just from looking at the BakFlip F1 and the Undercover Flex specs and photos on their respective websites, they appear practically identical except that the Flex cover does not rest against the cab. The Flex would have to be less expensive -or- offer more of something or have a special feature to take away the BakFlip's thunder. What that special thing is, I don't know.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:37 PM
TruckDaddy
Elder User
The panels on the Bakflip can be positioned against the cab while the panels on the Flex can stay vertical. Not a huge difference.

But, one feature the Flex has and Bakflip doesn't have is that the panels can be totally removed.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:11 PM
Craddosk
New User
Playing with the demo in store, he mentioned that each panel was locking, so you could flip one up and keep the others locked closed.

Does the Bakflip do that?

Old 12-06-2011, 08:10 PM
TruckDaddy
Elder User
Originally Posted by Craddosk
Playing with the demo in store, he mentioned that each panel was locking, so you could flip one up and keep the others locked closed.

Does the Bakflip do that?
Yes, it does.

Old 12-07-2011, 09:29 AM
sodakeco
New User
Originally Posted by Champ198
Just from looking at the BakFlip F1 and the Undercover Flex specs and photos on their respective websites, they appear practically identical except that the Flex cover does not rest against the cab. The Flex would have to be less expensive -or- offer more of something or have a special feature to take away the BakFlip's thunder. What that special thing is, I don't know.
Just received mine yesterday and going to install tonight. I ordered the Flex because it basically has the same features of the Bak F1 for the price of a G2.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:40 PM
Craddosk
New User
Originally Posted by sodakeco
Just received mine yesterday and going to install tonight. I ordered the Flex because it basically has the same features of the Bak F1 for the price of a G2.
What's your initial thoughts on the Flex?

Old 12-08-2011, 10:56 AM
sodakeco
New User
Originally Posted by Craddosk
What's your initial thoughts on the Flex?
Really nice! Installation was easy. Looks great I went with the Flex because it comes with the fiberglass panels. In order to get those with the Bak, I would have had to step up to the F1 which is QUITE a bit more than I paid for the Flex.

Old 12-08-2011, 01:02 PM
Champ198
Elder User
Originally Posted by sodakeco
Really nice! Installation was easy. Looks great I went with the Flex because it comes with the fiberglass panels. In order to get those with the Bak, I would have had to step up to the F1 which is QUITE a bit more than I paid for the Flex.
Please keep us posted on how you like it and how it handles the water. Maybe some pics? Thanks!