1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Stainless Steel Window Visors for CC

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 07:57 AM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Stainless Steel Window Visors for CC

Anybody know of a place to get a set of Stainless Steel window visors for a crew cab? I want a set like this from LMC but it appears they don't offer them for a CC. Please not, I want the Stainless type, not the plastic vent visor type that goes down the front of the door.

Old 11-20-2011, 08:12 AM
King7765
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So these would fit your front windows, but since you have a CC you'd want a pair for the rear doors as well.

Old 11-20-2011, 11:16 AM
1dieselman
Elder User
I have a set of the stainless visors on my CC. I'm pretty sure I got them off of ebay but that was a few years ago.

Old 11-20-2011, 01:04 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,090 Likes on 2,154 Posts
here ya go: Vent Visor - Auto Parts Warehouse

these are for a 96 F-350 XLT crewcab.

Old 11-20-2011, 02:03 PM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by King7765
So these would fit your front windows, but since you have a CC you'd want a pair for the rear doors as well.
That is correct.

Originally Posted by tjc transport
here ya go: Vent Visor - Auto Parts Warehouse

these are for a 96 F-350 XLT crewcab.
Those are the plastic ones that I don't really want. Unless there are some chrome ones that I am missing on one of the other pages.

Originally Posted by 1dieselman
I have a set of the stainless visors on my CC. I'm pretty sure I got them off of ebay but that was a few years ago.
I will browse fleabay and see what I can scratch up. Have you been happy with yours? Fitment is good?

Old 11-20-2011, 02:23 PM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Never mind, once I saw that Auto Ventshade is who makes them, and saw that Summit Racing has them listed on fleabay, I went to their site and found THESE.

I had looked just about everywhere I could think of. It didn't even occur to me to look at Summit. Summit is right in my back yard at about 45 minutes away so it sounds like a road-trip is in order. Although my road trips to Summit have a tendency to get expensive....

Old 11-20-2011, 02:36 PM
1dieselman
Elder User
Originally Posted by DIYMechanic
Never mind, once I saw that Auto Ventshade is who makes them, and saw that Summit Racing has them listed on fleabay, I went to their site and found THESE.

I had looked just about everywhere I could think of. It didn't even occur to me to look at Summit. Summit is right in my back yard at about 45 minutes away so it sounds like a road-trip is in order. Although my road trips to Summit have a tendency to get expensive....

Yup, same ones I have, I got them before Summit started listing stuff on ebay. Very happy with them. I had to drill a couple of holes and install screws for each one but it looks like they have changed them a little
Your lucky, but then again if I lived close to them I would be in really deep trouble, most defiantly wouldn't be married still.

Last edited by 1dieselman; 11-20-2011 at 02:41 PM. Reason: typing faster than brain working
Old 11-20-2011, 02:46 PM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Yup, same ones I have, I got them before Summit started listing stuff on ebay. Very happy with them. I had to drill a couple of holes and install screws for each one but it looks like they have changed them a little
Your lucky, but then again if I lived close to them I would be in really deep trouble, most defiantly wouldn't be married still.
Yeah, I try to go up there no more often than I have to and when I do go I have to make sure and remind myself what my budget for the trip is. It is an impressive place to be sure.

Old 11-20-2011, 03:40 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Originally Posted by DIYMechanic
Those are the plastic ones that I don't really want. Unless there are some chrome ones that I am missing on one of the other pages.

it says polished stainless steel

Old 11-20-2011, 08:44 PM
LeoJr
Cargo Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I had to drill a couple of holes and install screws for each one but it looks like they have changed them a little
I thought these just pushed into the weather seal. Does the screw attachment method keep these our of the weather seal so the window doesn't rub it?

By the way, I also prefer the old school styling of these rather than the aerodynamic look of the plastic ones.

Old 11-20-2011, 10:02 PM
1dieselman
Elder User
I've had my visors for at least 5 or 6 years maybe more, Back before the double sided tape became the norm. Mine still mount between the door metal and window seal, just uses a couple of screws instead of the double sided tape.

Old 11-21-2011, 06:29 AM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by tjc transport
it says polished stainless steel
I must really be missing something then because everything on the first page of that link you attached brings up items that all say "smoked acrylic" on my PC. Not sure what but I am sure I am missing something.

Originally Posted by LeoJr
I thought these just pushed into the weather seal. Does the screw attachment method keep these our of the weather seal so the window doesn't rub it?

By the way, I also prefer the old school styling of these rather than the aerodynamic look of the plastic ones.
I'm not sure of how they attach, but I definitely prefer the styling of these over the others. Plus they are stainless steel, I'm a real sucker for stainless steel. The main thing I don't care for on the other ones is that they extend down the front of the window channel, which on our trucks, is just the wing window. There is no use for them there. I have had a couple truck in the past that had this old school style on them and I really liked them. It's nice to be able to leave the windows cracked and not have to worry about rain getting in the truck. That and I just think they add a nice "old school custom" touch to these trucks.

I'm adding them to my Christmas list, so I will let you know how they attach if "Santa" chooses to bring them. If not, I'll probably go buy them myself...

Old 11-21-2011, 06:44 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
the first listing is for the stainless steel ones. i did not even notice there were more on the page. i see now that the others are in fact plastic.

this is the first listing:

Ventshade Vent Visor Ventshade - Polished, Stainless steel Part Number: V1514075 Manufacturer Number: 14075
Ventshade Vent Visor Ventshade Vent Visor

$48.01

List Price: $66.41

Save: $18.40

Low Price Guarantee
In Stock

Quantity

AUTO VENTSHADE VENT VISORS, STAINLESS STEEL, POLISHED, SET OF 4 -- Made of rugged stainless steel; Features in-channel design; Helps keep out the elements and allows fresh air to enter your vehicle; Reduces heat build-up; Easy no-drill installation using strong automotive grade tape.

Fit Note: Crew Cab Pickup

Series: Ventshade
Material: Stainless steel
Color/Finish: Polished
Product Fit: Direct fit
Quantity Sold: Set of 4

View more
Fits the following 1996 Ford F-350 submodels:

1996: XLT; All Engines;

Old 11-21-2011, 06:59 PM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
That's really weird. This is the first one that comes up when I open that page:

AUTO VENTSHADE VENTVISOR DEFLECTORS, ACRYLIC, SMOKED, SET OF 4 -- Made of high impact acrylic; Features original Ventvisor design; Keeps rain out and lets fresh air enter your vehicle; Helps reduce heat build-up in cab by letting the window be partially open; Easy no-drill installation using 3M adhesive foam tape.

Series: Ventshade Ventvisor
Material: Acrylic
Color/Finish: Smoked
Product Fit: Direct fit
Quantity Sold: Set of 4

They are p/n V1594514

I ran a search with the p/n you listed though and found them. Not sure why that was doing that, but I do see them now!

Old 11-24-2011, 10:45 AM
LeoJr
Cargo Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Seems Santa Clause just ordered some for me!

Quick Reply: Stainless Steel Window Visors for CC