Australia Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: ChunderDownUnder

Oil pump pissing out oil

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 03:30 AM
Nkelly
Farkall User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oil pump pissing out oil

Fekkin oil underneath everywhere ,tracked it back to my oil pump,thought it was rear main seal (heart stopped) tracked it down to the fekkin 1 that is on the bottom left handside of the pump,don @ rocket sports trucks said it will cost me $800 too fix it,i see clay has a kit (i think its the right kit ?)
Riffraff Diesel: Serviceable Long Threaded HPOP plug
but im not real confident doing the repair myself,cuz i have to remove the pump,then put that gizmo in..

OR would one of clays performance pumps be a better option.
Riffraff Diesel: Terminator T500 HPOP

Wot ya think..

Old 11-11-2011, 04:42 AM
ChunderDownUnder
Cargo Master

Im sure there is plenty of write ups on the non serviceable plug. Many have done it. Joey's HPOP would be overkill unless you are going for more HP or upgrade sticks.. Man you have to stop going to Rocket bro.

Heres a write up on how to remove and install HPOP

https://www.dieselsite.com/pdffiles/...structions.pdf

Im sure the kit comes with instructions as well. All I can remember is you may want to heat the plug first before removal and keep the HPOP machine face down so the checkball dont fall out.
I wish you lived closer man I would give ya hand.

Have a read of this
http://www.dieselorings.com/docs/service_plug.pdf

Old 11-11-2011, 09:59 AM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Nkelly
Fekkin oil underneath everywhere ,tracked it back to my oil pump,thought it was rear main seal (heart stopped) tracked it down to the fekkin 1 that is on the bottom left handside of the pump,don @ rocket sports trucks said it will cost me $800 too fix it,i see clay has a kit (i think its the right kit ?)
Riffraff Diesel: Serviceable Long Threaded HPOP plug
but im not real confident doing the repair myself,cuz i have to remove the pump,then put that gizmo in..

OR would one of clays performance pumps be a better option.
Riffraff Diesel: Terminator T500 HPOP

Wot ya think..
I wouldn't pay $800 for someone to do that. It isn't bad and if you have questions just give us a call and we can walk you through it.

Old 11-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Nkelly
Farkall User

Originally Posted by Riffraff Performance
I wouldn't pay $800 for someone to do that. It isn't bad and if you have questions just give us a call and we can walk you through it.
Righto clay,i'll have a crack.
I'll order that kit of you.

Brian i know what your saying,there is no way i was gunna give them 800 bucks for that,i'd rather buy a pump of clay anyday.

800 bucks their off their heads,but thats whats its like,lyn wants a chrome fuel tank door, i can get 1 from the states for 90 bucks RPS have them for 250 bucks LOL.

I like the carbon fibre dash,BUT have a look at the price they want http://www.rocketsportstrucks.com.au/dashes.html some people have more money than brains.

Old 11-11-2011, 04:41 PM
ChunderDownUnder
Cargo Master

Originally Posted by Riffraff Performance
Way to go Clay. This is why I like doing business with him. Most peeps over here sell this ****e for 3 times the price, dont have any knowledge of the product and are not interested in you after the purchase.

Bryan dont forget to order replacement gaskets for the HPOP reservoir and I would replace all the orings on the HPOP lines as well. Talk to Clay just make sure you dont miss anything on ya order.
It would be a pissa if you get half way through the job and realise you have missed something.
You are going to need the HPOP line removal tool as well. I have one here but thats no good to ya.