6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Remote start, heater and heated seats.

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 08:16 PM
kereams
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remote start, heater and heated seats.

From what I can gather from searching here and looking at the owners manual, if I leave my heater on Auto and its cold outside the heated seats should automatically turn on and so should the heater to warm up the cab when I remote start the vehicle. The heated seats are definitely not turning on. If I leave the truck block heater plugged in then the defrost seems to be blowing hot air on the windshield but these trucks are soooo cold blooded that no heat will ever generate until its been driven for a bit if not using the block heater. Are the seats supposed to get warm?

I had a servo motor on my climate control go bad a few weeks back and when they fixed it under warranty they also updated the programming in the climate control unit, so it has the newest program. Is my unit just not working correctly or am I misunderstanding how it should work? The manual does not state at what temperature things happen but it was 35 out this morning and that should be cold enough to automatically turn the butt heat on.

Also, at what temperature do most people start plugging in their block heater?

Thanks!

Old 10-26-2011, 08:22 PM
dschuffert
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You need to push the button on the dash to engage the heated seats. I am not aware of a way to have them come on automatically using the climate control.

I am in the Midwest, South of Chicago area, and haven't used my block heater on this truck or my previous '05 F250. I park in the garage which keeps the truck warmer than the outside temperature.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:49 PM
FORDTUF1
Elder User
Some people discussed this a couple months ago, someone else thought the same .... leave it on "AUTO" mode and the seats would heat or cool. Well I tried it and it does not work, unless they changed for 2012.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:07 PM
Andrew010
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My 2011 does. Just by the remote start alone. I don't use the auto climate control much and never leave it on. Depending on outside temp it turns on the a/c and cooled seats or heat/heated seats now.

Here's the kicker. No dash lights come on, but everything is working. I too thought it wasn't working when I looked in the window and no lights were on indicating the climate control or seats were activated. Call my dealer and they told me it was working just no lights. Sure enough, remote started it and opened the door to see the a/c blowing cold and the seat starting to get cold. Cooled seats turn on with outside temp above 72 (I think) and heated seats turn on below 32 (I think).

I just remote started tonight leaving Hy-Vee, heated seats weren't on (50 degrees outside) but the climate control was blowing out hot air. Put the key in and turned it on and everything went back to where it was set when I turned the truck off previously.

Not sure that every truck has it, but mine does and it works every time.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:15 PM
Andrew010
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just to clarify, the heated/cooled seats DO automatically turn on with a remote start if the temp parameters are met. You DO NOT have to push any buttons or leave the climate control on AUTO to have this feature work. Just press the remote start button on your key, the truck does the rest, at least mine does.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:46 PM
kereams
Mountain Pass
Thanks Andrew. My truck is as loaded as they come so maybe I just need to give it longer or the cold temperature setpoint is not getting met.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:22 AM
mvedepo
Senior User
They seat temp is <32 degrees F. The seats come on with the remote start but once you turn the truck on with the key they go off I believe.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:43 AM
FORDTUF1
Elder User
I guess mine hasn't met the temp requirements either, it's only down to 42-46 at night right now.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:50 AM
dschuffert
Posting Guru
I haven't had my truck long enough to go through a winter yet. I just learned something new!

Old 10-27-2011, 11:23 AM
bookem15
Senior User
Originally Posted by Andrew010
Just to clarify, the heated/cooled seats DO automatically turn on with a remote start if the temp parameters are met. You DO NOT have to push any buttons or leave the climate control on AUTO to have this feature work. Just press the remote start button on your key, the truck does the rest, at least mine does.

this is how mine works as well. I do not have to turn it all on prior to shutting it off. When I remote started my truck last night it ran for about 5 minutes when I got in the truck was warm as well as the seats.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:46 AM
2horses
Laughing Gas
I don't know if I'll ever see <32 here - now I'm sad 'cause I don't get try out more hotness on these awesome trucks!!

Old 10-27-2011, 06:01 PM
Davgt500
Senior User
My truck also heats the seats with remote start, I will double check in the morning as it should be about 29 when I start it up.

Old 10-27-2011, 06:06 PM
FORDTUF1
Elder User
Originally Posted by 2horses
I don't know if I'll ever see <32 here - now I'm sad 'cause I don't get try out more hotness on these awesome trucks!!
I've been in New Braunfuls it gets cold enough doesn't it? I lived down in Houston for 5 years, I remember 2 years there we had snow! I drove a tow truck and it was spectacular!

We came up there to go tubing, and maybe just a wee bit of drinking.

Old 10-27-2011, 06:15 PM
GZip
Senior User
Originally Posted by mvedepo
They seat temp is <32 degrees F. The seats come on with the remote start but once you turn the truck on with the key they go off I believe.
Is this a programmable value given the correct programmer?

Old 10-27-2011, 09:55 PM
2horses
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by FORDTUF1
I've been in New Braunfuls it gets cold enough doesn't it? I lived down in Houston for 5 years, I remember 2 years there we had snow! I drove a tow truck and it was spectacular!

We came up there to go tubing, and maybe just a wee bit of drinking.
Well, I may have been exaggerating just a wee bit, we actually had a string of several days of below freezing temps in a row last year. I got tired of hauling warm water to all the livestock, as we are so ill-prepared for weather like that in these parts. And I'm sure hauling wrecks out of the snow in Houston proved to you how even more ill-equipped we are to drive in it!

It's a well-known fact too that drinking and tubing, especially in New Braunfels, go hand-in-hand. Nothing like a hot summer day, a cold river, and an even colder beer. I try to maintain the tradition myself!

Quick Reply: Remote start, heater and heated seats.