Michigan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Toyman

Big Ray's Quicklube!

Old 09-17-2011, 12:19 AM
crazyeddie
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big Ray's Quicklube!

Before I divulge any further info, does anyone have any experience with these guys?

Old 09-18-2011, 05:28 PM
Capital Customs
Elder User
Originally Posted by crazyeddie
Before I divulge any further info, does anyone have any experience with these guys?
Do not know them but I have had to repair alot of things the quick lube joints have messed up. Did they mess up your ride?

Old 09-19-2011, 03:11 PM
crazyeddie
Senior User
Not my ride personally - I'm a lube tech at a Ford dealership and get a lot of jobs they previously did.

I'll keep the story short - AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS!

A customer brought in a brand-new Dodge that Big Ray's worked on - it holds 7-quarts of oil. I drained 2 quarts of oil out of it - that's the pan AND the filter... no leaks in anything either... another reason why customers need to check their oil before they leave the parking lot.

Old 09-19-2011, 05:40 PM
Capital Customs
Elder User
Not my ride personally - I'm a lube tech at a Ford dealership and get a lot of jobs they previously did.

I'll keep the story short - AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS!

A customer brought in a brand-new Dodge that Big Ray's worked on - it holds 7-quarts of oil. I drained 2 quarts of oil out of it - that's the pan AND the filter... no leaks in anything either... another reason why customers need to check their oil before they leave the parking lot.
Most all quick lube joints strip the oil plugs, over tighten them, leave oil filters loose, use oil pumps to fill oil ( set dial to # of qts let it go ) don`t check it and so on. Just bad bad bad.

Then they try to sell you things you do not need., you need a coolant flush see how bad your coolant looks.
It`s not even yours. it is a jug they keep in the back room. rip off all the way.

Last edited by Capital Customs; 09-19-2011 at 05:45 PM. Reason: missing info
Old 09-19-2011, 05:59 PM
crazyeddie
Senior User
These guys sell an "engine flush" - they pump fresh oil in the motor with the drain plug open - nobody I know has ever needed/done this.

Old 09-19-2011, 06:38 PM
Capital Customs
Elder User
These guys sell an "engine flush" - they pump fresh oil in the motor with the drain plug open - nobody I know has ever needed/done this.
I have had customers come in all the time with issues like that. I had a lady come by for me to check the coolant after a quick lube flushed it.

I told her why didn`t she call me before having it done. I then told her that two weeks before when I replaced the radiator I flushed the whole system and put all new coolant in. so she was ripped off and had her take a copy of the bill back to them and get her money back.

They called me and I told them If needed I would go to court with the customer and their lube joint would be out a lot more. they gave her money back.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:13 AM
crazyeddie
Senior User
Wow I'm surprised she got her money back!

These boneheads here left a snap undone on their customer's air-cleaner box and it pulled an engine code - customer brought it in and got charged $90 for diag. Customer goes back to Big Ray's to see if they'll pay the bill. The owner comes in to the dealership with the customer and causes this big scene and starts screaming and yelling like a moron at our service advisor. Apparently "dealerships are a rip off and know nothing" - this is coming from a quick lube with no certified techs... to a dealership with ASE certified techs with over 20 years experience each. Oh yeah, then he tells the advisor, "I have a better job than you - I own 22 locations!"

There are some good quick lubes in my area and these guys are not one of them. I can't believe some of the horror-story ratings I pulled up with a google search.

Unbelievable.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:40 AM
Capital Customs
Elder User
That is the way most of them act. but they will lose their butts in court and they know it. I would not go to one if my life depended on it.

Old 09-20-2011, 02:06 PM
crazyeddie
Senior User
I just feel bad for all the single moms, the elderly, and the kids that get taken advantage of by businesses like this.

There ya go... Kapital Kustoms Kwik-Lube!

Old 09-21-2011, 09:10 AM
Capital Customs
Elder User
I know how you feel. but nothing you can do. that cheep price lie will get them everytime. Live and learn. it sucks.