West Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 5_labsownus

OK boys and girls...College football!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 07:54 PM
KevinGnWV
The village idiot.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK boys and girls...College football!

The game has just resumed after a very long lightening delay....WVU has the lead 27-13.

Who is WVU fans and who is Marshall fans?

I'm a fan of both except when they play each other and I have to say, I'm a WVU fan tonight!

EDIT: 34-13......

EDIT: Again, right after WVU scores...another delay. Wow...I don't remember this ever happening before and it's happening quite a bit on the first weekend of college ball. I understand the safety of the players and fans and appreciate the ruling. But...Marshall WILL NOT concede a loss. WVU obviously won't concede a loss. How long do they wait? How long before it becomes a safety issue because the players and fans have been here how many hours now? Wow...I say it's like NASCAR, more than half is complete. Call it a game.

Old 09-05-2011, 07:30 AM
msgtg
Post Fiend
I agree, MLB rules could apply....we've past the sixth inning, call the game!

Old 11-05-2011, 01:03 PM
AndrewWV
Senior User
Let's Go-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o!

Old 11-05-2011, 02:52 PM
KevinGnWV
The village idiot.

Well.....

LSU, I completely understand the loss.

Syracuse, um....ok well I do think Syracuse is a better team than there record reflects, and they were at home so it was a tough game for WVU. Still should have won it though.

Louisville? Wow.

All season long it's seems they start off really slow then come back to win later. However, the losses to the Orange and Louisville came back to bite them in the hiney. If they are capable of pouring it on in the second have, then IMO they should be capable of doing it from the start.

I'm wondering now if BIG 12 is second guessing their invitation.

Old 11-05-2011, 11:33 PM
AndrewWV
Senior User
Don't fall for the hype!

Originally Posted by KevinGnWV
I'm wondering now if BIG 12 is second guessing their invitation.
I doubt it. I think they are salivating.

Old 11-05-2011, 11:35 PM
AndrewWV
Senior User
Actually, my wife says we're going to be the Homecoming Queen at all the Big 12 schools next year. Ouch.

Old 11-12-2011, 04:45 PM
KevinGnWV
The village idiot.

I wonder if beating Cinci gets them back in the top 25?

Old 11-12-2011, 11:55 PM
AndrewWV
Senior User
I'd be really surprised. They just aren't that good this year and as usual, the Big Least teams are just beating each other up. If we win out, maybe.

Sad thing is, now we pretty well hope Cincy loses to Pitt next week (can't actually hope Pitt wins) and then we beat Pitt the following week (and don't lay an egg at USF). Although, I'm not sure I want this team to win the conference unless they finally have their act together.

Old 11-14-2011, 02:01 PM
KevinGnWV
The village idiot.

Originally Posted by AndrewWV
I'd be really surprised. They just aren't that good this year and as usual, the Big Least teams are just beating each other up. If we win out, maybe.

Sad thing is, now we pretty well hope Cincy loses to Pitt next week (can't actually hope Pitt wins) and then we beat Pitt the following week (and don't lay an egg at USF). Although, I'm not sure I want this team to win the conference unless they finally have their act together.
I agree with this statement. Should they be in the top 25? No. I think they could be, and have the talent to be, but until they start playing like they are capable of then they shouldn't be ranked.

They really need to figure out that they have to earn a rank and earn a bowl game. It seems to me they just expect these things because they are WVU.

I'd speculate they are in for a bit of culture shock when they move to a vastly more talented conference. They will no longer be "the one to beat" but rather, "the one to beat up on".

Too many times this year the games have been close until the second half, or even the last quarter, then they pour it on for yet another come from behind win, that should have been a blow-out. If they would come out of the gate swinging, they could have been undefeated or at least a one loss team. I honestly feel they had the talent to beat LSU, but they lack the drive for whatever reason.

If they do win the Big East and get a BCS bowl, not only do they need to win that game, but win it with authority. If they don't, I fear WVU may lose any credibility they have left this season.

Old 11-14-2011, 02:24 PM
AndrewWV
Senior User
I agree with this statement. Should they be in the top 25? No. I think they could be, and have the talent to be, but until they start playing like they are capable of then they shouldn't be ranked.
And yet, surprisingly, they are in the USA Today poll (and just a couple spots out in the AP and BCS polls).

They will no longer be "the one to beat" but rather, "the one to beat up on".
I've quit listening to the hype. Show me the W's.

Too many times this year the games have been close until the second half, or even the last quarter, then they pour it on for yet another come from behind win, that should have been a blow-out. If they would come out of the gate swinging, they could have been undefeated or at least a one loss team. I honestly feel they had the talent to beat LSU, but they lack the drive for whatever reason.
Shoot - several games this year we didn't even start playing until the second half!

If they do win the Big East and get a BCS bowl, not only do they need to win that game, but win it with authority. If they don't, I fear WVU may lose any credibility they have left this season.
We'll see. I'm not sure they have much cred. left this year. Hopefully we'll win out, but knowing our history with who is left on the schedule combined with how we handled Syracuse and Louisville this year, I'm nervous.

Old 11-15-2011, 03:32 PM
KevinGnWV
The village idiot.

Originally Posted by AndrewWV
And yet, surprisingly, they are in the USA Today poll (and just a couple spots out in the AP and BCS polls). I noticed that as well. But then again, does the USA Today really hold any water? And they had to receive votes in the other two polls simply because of the law of statistics, and besides, why wouldn't a coach that BEAT WVU vote for WVU to make their win all the more authentic or worthy?

We'll see. I'm not sure they have much cred. left this year. Hopefully we'll win out, but knowing our history with who is left on the schedule combined with how we handled Syracuse and Louisville this year, I'm nervous.
Credibility for this year or for a top 25 rank next year = same thing IMO. My point being, to start next season off well inside the top 25 they would need to punish a top 15 team in the BCS bowl game.

All of this is pointless of course, should they lose yet again.