Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Oklahoma Black Tagged Vehicles?.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 04:54 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Oklahoma Black Tagged Vehicles?.....

Here's my dilema. I've got a 1950 F1 that was driveable in 1999, but i started working on it and took it all apart. At the time i black tagged it, at my Owasso tag agency, in the hopes of having it done in a few years. That project got put on indefinite hold. In fact, if i have to, i may be selling it......... My question is, the tag agency took my title, until i would come back to them with a running street worthy truck. It's all in pieces right now. If i want to sell it I think I'd do better selling it with the title as a complete package, rather than sell part by part and never get my title back. If i go and ask for my title, in the hopes of selling the truck, will the state force me to pay any fees or back dated fees? I'm afraid to go up to the tag agency and ask them, in case they try to stick me with a bunch of fees at this time. Anybody here ever black tagged their project vehicles?

Old 08-29-2011, 04:59 PM
ADCO
Senior User
Originally Posted by cigarxtc
Here's my dilema. I've got a 1950 F1 that was driveable in 1999, but i started working on it and took it all apart. At the time i black tagged it, at my Owasso tag agency, in the hopes of having it done in a few years. That project got put on indefinite hold. In fact, if i have to, i may be selling it......... My question is, the tag agency took my title, until i would come back to them with a running street worthy truck. It's all in pieces right now. If i want to sell it I think I'd do better selling it with the title as a complete package, rather than sell part by part and never get my title back. If i go and ask for my title, in the hopes of selling the truck, will the state force me to pay any fees or back dated fees? I'm afraid to go up to the tag agency and ask them, in case they try to stick me with a bunch of fees at this time. Anybody here ever black tagged their project vehicles?
I think that you can sell it without worrying about it. It would be basically a salvage title I think. Give an agency a call, remember they are basically contractors to the state...they arent out ta get ya typically.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:18 PM
Rogue_Wulff
Post Fiend
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
The tag agency took the title? Never heard of that.
I have a car that is currently black tagged, and has been for the last 2.5 years. I still have the title, and could sell it just like any other vehicle titled in my name. Or, I could insure the car, and take the insurance form to the tag office along with $5, and upgrade it to a regular tag.

Was this truck registered to you, in Oklahoma, prior to black tagging it? If so, I think you got ahold of a poorly trained tag agency employee......

Old 08-29-2011, 07:53 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
We had just moved here from Maryland. It had a clear maryland title, and Texas plates. (I had just outprocessed out of the Air Force.) This was done when Oklahoma still required annual vehicle safety inspections/fees.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:02 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
This sounds like it could get confusing in a hurry !

Old 09-05-2011, 09:27 AM
MikeB 88
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ron, ask the ladies at the German Corner store (AJ's Tag Agency). they are a whole lot nicer and friendlier than the ones at Owasso Tag Agency. I wonder if they still have your title after moving. I also wonder if the reason they took the title was because of the Maryland title and Texas tags.