6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Anyone ever buy injectors from InjectorWarehouse.com

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 09:57 AM
wolffee
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anyone ever buy injectors from InjectorWarehouse.com

Just curious is anyone has bought any injectors from Injectorwarehouse.com . I know alot of people say only buy Motorcraft but when your doing your own labor, you have a diag tool, what could be the down fall. they come with a 12mo warranty. $175 and $75 core. Thats half the price of Motorcraft. just curious is anyone here has had any good or bad things they have come across with them. My AE software will be here today so I will be getting injectors today just torn on who to get the 1 or few from. I can get the Motorcraft for $250 plus $175 core that was the best Motorcraft I can find locally. So if you have 3 down its like buy 2 get one free. Plus the Injectorwarehouse give free over-night shipping. Any ideas? and not just "buy motorcraft" Thanks

Old 08-29-2011, 11:24 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I can't speak for them, but have you crossed the Ford p/n to Navistar and talked to your your local International dealer? They may want a VIN number form the truck...tell 'em you bought the engine out of wrecked school bus. You didn't get the VIN or FICM. They should be able to get you a price with a p/n...regardless if they've got a VIN.

Old 08-29-2011, 12:44 PM
wolffee
Elder User
Thats a good idea I will see what I can do. Question would be is there a difference though when it is a "VT365 International" injector or is it the same exact thing. Do you think that the International deal would be any cheaper then a Ford?

Old 08-29-2011, 12:59 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't know what your local dealership is going to charge you for the injectors. I do know there is/was several different part numbers in the Navistar network...depending on application of the engine. Also depending on which injector you have (white or black top) you'll find the part numbers at the bottom of the 1st post in this thread will be very handy when you get ready to call Navistar.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/8...ml#post7298721

Old 08-29-2011, 05:09 PM
npccpartsman
Hotshot

Received 68 Likes on 42 Posts
Navistar injectors are ~$285.00 You can get Motorcraft from Tousley Ford for $220 + core.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:29 PM
wolffee
Elder User
Great information thanks. I have decided to not go with the injectorwarehouse. Real nice people everytime I call but found out its not free overnight shipping on diesel injectors. Would cost with shipping just over $200 with a 12month unlimited mile warranty which is great but I can get it locally and one day earlier re-maned by Ford for $240 so its worth it to me to just get it tomorrow and get started on the job since I need the truck for sat. Its only number 5 so thats not to bad but still a pain on that side of the engine. Well I did 2 and 4 last time so this will be just that much more learning I can do on the other side. Will keep you up to date. Thanks gain for all your help!

Ryan

Old 08-30-2011, 05:04 AM
npccpartsman
Hotshot

Received 68 Likes on 42 Posts
When you get a 12 mo warranty at that price it is really hard to beat.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:13 AM
wolffee
Elder User
Yeah its a great deal and with the warranty its hard to pass up since hell if it fails its just my labor. Its not like its $1200 for labor at Ford and we are doing it one stick at a time over and over again.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:12 PM
jones6789
New User
Thumbs down Injectorwhse.com - Bad experience HPOP 96 F-250

I purchased a high pressure oil pump from Injectorwhse.com on 6/15/11 and exactly one year from the time I purchased the pump ONLINE (6/15/12), it went out. I had the truck towed to my mechanic. It broke down on Friday afternoon and it was Monday before the mechanic had a chance to look at it. I called Injectorwhse.com and they asked what date was on the invoice and then coldly said that it was out of warranty. Now, in my simple mind, ownership still does not transfer until the part is received, and so there was 2-3 days shipping. I called them back and asked to talk to the manager who I explained the situation to, and he asked if he could put me on hold, and then someone else was put on the phone and I had to repeat myself again and I was told very coldly again that it was out of warranty. The manager could not tell me that himself.... JUST THINK HARD BEFORE BUYING FROM THIS COMPANY. I went ahead and bought the replacement pump this time from Ford.

Old 06-20-2012, 02:33 PM
John Irwin
Elder User

I guess it all depends on whether you can do without your truck for a while. In my case I was looking at a month of downtime to pull the 2 lousy defective injectors out, drive to town and ship them back to Bostech, a week to get there, probably a week to test and warranty them if they decided to, a week back, then reinstall and hope for the best. If you have a couple of spares laying around, it would make it a lot easier, you could do it in an afternoon or night. For me out here in the sticks, it's Motorcraft and nothing else. The reason they cost more is they cut slots to prevent stiction, they replace everything including electrical. and test them rigoriously. Bostech couldn't have tested mine, they were toast from when I fired it up, oil temp had to be 150 before the one would even click on the buzz. Maybe Injector warehouse is better, your call.

Old 09-27-2014, 09:40 AM
BusyBoy
New User
INJECTOR WHAREHOUSE IS BAD NEWS.... many of the injectors there are rebuilt. I work on many motors in my shop, over the past few years customers have bought their own parts, so now I check the injector operation before installation entirely because of this company, and can not guarantee my work if there is an injector in the engine from that company.
Lately we did a four banger with new injectors and three outta four didn't activate. Doubling the labor cost.

The customer said service is bad, the warrantee is a joke and you won't get your core charge either, he's out a bunch of $$$ and now wants to sell the vehicle off to pay the bill, but we found some and got him on the road.