Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Did You Know We Have a New Charlies Chicken in Owasso now?...

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 09:30 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Did You Know We Have a New Charlies Chicken in Owasso now?...

My family and i just found out about it today, as we drove by. It's on the east side of Hwy169, on 76th St, across from QT. Can't wait to swing by and eat there soon. MMMMmmmmMMMMMmmmm

Old 08-21-2011, 07:27 AM
MikeB 88
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not a member of Owassoism on Facebook are you? When it was being built somebody would ask almost everyday what was being built there. It as been open for a month or two. If you go, don't go at the normal meal times, you won't find a parking spot. Twice we've tried and both times we ended somewhere else. We went about 2:30 yesterday afternoon and the place only has three or four other guests. Chicken is better than KFC, but wasn't as juicy as Larry's.

Other Owasso news: O'reilly's is building a 2nd store on 116th street next to the Sonic. We will now have 2 O'reilly's.
Equipment One is building a new place across the street from Charlies Chicken.
Rumor has it Braums will build on 96th near TTCU.

Old 08-21-2011, 08:37 AM
Rogue_Wulff
Post Fiend
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
There used to be a chalies chicken here in sapulpa, but it closed and advanced auto went in at the same location. It's not what I would call a traffic freindly location, since turning left into the parking lot isn't easy, and turning left out of the lot is nearly impossible.
I agree, the food at charlies is pretty good, but not good enough for me to drive 10+ miles to get to the closest location, unless I just happen to be going that direction.
Between the difficulty of entering/exiting the parking lot, and limited parking once you do manage to get in the lot, it's no wonder this location didn't survive for long. I can only wonder how long advanced will remain before looking to relocate. Maybe they are already working on relocating......

Old 08-21-2011, 11:53 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nope, I dont do facebook. I do try to keep up with the owassoreporter online to see what's happening. Was surprised to not see any big announcements in the paper on Charlies chicken. FYI, i tried KFC for the first time in years, on Thursday. It's just not what it used to be when i was a kid in the '80s. sigh.