Obama's new specs for fuel consumption

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 12:54 PM
Fordguy95
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Obama's new specs for fuel consumption

Is it just me or is anybody else worried about seeing trucks with electric and hybrid technology? I mean seriously is 2025 the end of big motors and diesel engines? It's not right to have a truck running off of just batteries! Trucks were meant to be strong, loud, robust pieces of machinery! Not 3.0 liter 4 cylinder engines with a battery that runs it half the time. I'm going to miss seeing PowerStroke Turbo Diesel on the side of my trucks! It's just not right... It will probably say something more like PowerCord Engine!

Old 08-02-2011, 11:20 PM
turbohunter
Postmaster
Guess we better keep loving our old steel.
Screw the new stuff.
Was that my outside voice?

Old 09-02-2011, 06:34 PM
samsdad02
More Turbo
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
anything the Obaminator endorses turns out to be bad

Old 09-03-2011, 01:05 AM
cj06
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
trucks use to be run on batteries , here is a link to OBAMAS play book ?
History of Hybrid Vehicles | Hybrid Cars
by 2025 we may not be around anyway !

Old 09-03-2011, 04:58 AM
samsdad02
More Turbo
Originally Posted by cj06
trucks use to be run on batteries , here is a link to OBAMAS play book ?
History of Hybrid Vehicles | Hybrid Cars
by 2025 we may not be around anyway !
looking at the link, my take on it is hybrid/electric vehicles are slow underpowered, short distanced and very expensive. today without gov't subsidies hybrid electrics wouldn't exist. when obama shuts down all the bad polluting coal fired electric plants electric/hybrids are dead.

Old 09-03-2011, 07:56 AM
turbohunter
Postmaster
Originally Posted by samsdad02
when obama shuts down all the bad polluting coal fired electric plants electric/hybrids are dead.
Hadn't thought about it that way.
Preach electric yet shut down the bulk of your electric capacity.

Old 09-03-2011, 10:50 AM
cj06
Posting Guru
this is part of OBAMAS plan for destroying this country !

Old 09-03-2011, 12:51 PM
Jetcopterpilot
Posting Guru
It will never come to be... The Oil companies are just too big to let it happen.... They have very strong Lobbyist's and political ties Hell most of Obamanations election funding came from Middle Eastern Oil Powers.... He is trying his darnedest to implode the US economy, to please them, but it also cuts off their main source of income to do so! The UAE (United Arab Emerits) will realize that this plan severely hurts their economy and will put a stop to the tree hugging Ways of their talking head Muslim President! No Matter, he has so cut his own throat with his so called Health plan, that and the fact that the government approval rating is now at 17%... Which makes his admin... the lowest rated EVER! Well he is facing a losing battle in 2012.... Just for fun look up BP Oil... You will be surprised to find out it no longer stands for British Petroleum... but now stands for Bharat Petroleum... It kind of explains why he tried to stop news coverage, during the Gulf Leak.... Seeing as how they were the largest contributor to his Election Campaign it all makes sense..... In other words we have a lot more to woory about then battery operated pick up trucks!

Old 09-03-2011, 11:14 PM
turbohunter
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Jetcopterpilot
In other words we have a lot more to woory about then battery operated pick up trucks!
You're all invited to the ranch WTSHTF.

Old 09-04-2011, 07:28 PM
kenpobuck
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I tradional h/e in a truck would suck for sure. But think of it like a diesel electric locomotive. Use the diesel engine (don't have to be big) to power the electric motors at each wheel. Talk about instant torque and the mileage would be awesome. As far as the guy some call the president of this great country, I can't wait for jan. 2013. And if be some freak accident he gets reelected, dec. 21 2012 better be real cause I don't think I could handle four more years!!

Old 09-04-2011, 08:03 PM
cj06
Posting Guru
if the majority vote for the republican then O******* will be out !

Old 09-06-2011, 10:16 AM
goldenfuel
New User
Originally Posted by Jetcopterpilot
It will never come to be... The Oil companies are just too big to let it happen.... They have very strong Lobbyist's and political ties Hell most of Obamanations election funding came from Middle Eastern Oil Powers.... He is trying his darnedest to implode the US economy, to please them, but it also cuts off their main source of income to do so! The UAE (United Arab Emerits) will realize that this plan severely hurts their economy and will put a stop to the tree hugging Ways of their talking head Muslim President! No Matter, he has so cut his own throat with his so called Health plan, that and the fact that the government approval rating is now at 17%... Which makes his admin... the lowest rated EVER! Well he is facing a losing battle in 2012.... Just for fun look up BP Oil... You will be surprised to find out it no longer stands for British Petroleum... but now stands for Bharat Petroleum... It kind of explains why he tried to stop news coverage, during the Gulf Leak.... Seeing as how they were the largest contributor to his Election Campaign it all makes sense..... In other words we have a lot more to woory about then battery operated pick up trucks!
A federal standard requiring all utilities to obtain 25 percent of their electricity from renewable energy sources by 2025 would create 297,000 new domestic jobs and save consumers $64.3 billion in lower electricity and natural gas bills, according to a new analysis from the Union of Concerned Scientists (UCS) released today. The analysis also found that this renewable electricity standard would generate $13.5 billion in new income for farmers, ranchers and rural landowners, and reduce global warming pollution by 277 million metric tons a year by 2025, the equivalent of the annual output of 70 new, average-size, coal-fired power plants.

Old 09-06-2011, 10:56 AM
turbohunter
Postmaster
Lets see......The Union of Concerned Scientists.......hhhmmmm.
Do they sell Kool Aid also?

Old 09-06-2011, 11:41 AM
samsdad02
More Turbo
Originally Posted by goldenfuel
A federal standard requiring all utilities to obtain 25 percent of their electricity from renewable energy sources by 2025 would create 297,000 new domestic jobs and save consumers $64.3 billion in lower electricity and natural gas bills, according to a new analysis from the Union of Concerned Scientists (UCS) released today. The analysis also found that this renewable electricity standard would generate $13.5 billion in new income for farmers, ranchers and rural landowners, and reduce global warming pollution by 277 million metric tons a year by 2025, the equivalent of the annual output of 70 new, average-size, coal-fired power plants.

the problem is the 297k new jobs would have to be taxpayer subsidized just like all other "renewable energy sources".

coming up with "new renewable energy sources" cost money which the energy producers pass on to consumers which would cause energy costs to GO UP not down.

the fact they mention farmers and ranchers tells me they mean ethanol which takes 1.5 gallons of gas to produce 1 gallon of a lower energy content than gas ethanol. which causes me to fill up more often because I get fewer mpg which increases (as if I care) my "carbon footprint".

the need for more corn means more synthetic fertilizer getting washed into the water ways means more pollution.

my point is THE GOVERNMENT NEVER EVER EVER HAS THE ANSWER. THE GOVERNMENT COULD F UP A DATE WITH HOOKER!

Old 09-06-2011, 11:44 AM
goldenfuel
New User
Cool Air NOT Kool Aid. An L-29 military aircraft piloted by Carol Sugars and Douglas Rodante succeeded in completing the world’s first jet flight powered solely by 100% biodiesel fuel. Blown out?

Just a facts for everyone, hybrids have two discrete power systems, gasoline and electric. Either one can propel the vehicle, but they work together when more power is need for acceleration or hill climbing. The electric system operates most of the time, and the gasoline motor only runs when the batteries need recharging.

Considering the foregoing, a word of conclusion may be drawn, that trucks, either light or heavy duty, is capable of performing on its high capacity than battery powered does.

Quick Reply: Obama's new specs for fuel consumption