Print Wikipost

Best Spray in Bedliner?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 10:27 AM
640 CI Aluminum FORD
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Best Spray in Bedliner?

Hey all, So Friday afternoon my Special order 2011 FX4 5.0L came in. First of all just wanna say...I LOVE the truck. Secondly. I've got a few questions about what's the best bedliner to go with?

I don't know if cab style/bed length matter in this situation but it is a Supercab with a 6.5 f/t bed. 145 inch wb I beleive. Anyway, I really would like to get a color matched bed liner. The truck is Blue Flame in color and I think I a color matched bed liner would look great in it. But if the color matched turns out to be more than I want to pay I will gladly accept the standerd black color.

So anyway here's my questions.

#1 - In everyone's opionion, what is the best liner to go with? Rhino? Line-X?...etc...etc.

#2 - What is a resonable price for a color matched bed liner and a resonable price for a standerd black bed liner?

#3 - Do the color matched bed liners have the tendency to fade over time? This was thrown out there when talking with one of my friends about this. ''I do plan to add a vynal bed cover to the back of the truck, but this probably won't be for 6 month's to a year down the road.''

And I guess that about covers it so, Anyway thanks for any helpful anwsers.

Old 06-21-2011, 11:50 AM
rockstate45
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1. Can't go wrong with either Rhino or Linex. Both have lifetime warranties. Linex is stored by the VIN of your truck and is probably a little more comprehensive. If you do the Rhino route, make sure it's the high pressure Rhino as it has better consistency and is less chalky/cottage cheese looking. I have Rhino in mine and like it but now that it's 4 years old, Linex probably looks a little better.

2. Color match will probably be 900 depending on location. Regular Linex in black is gonna be probably 450-550 depending on location.

3. Neither will fade in 6 months for all intensive purposes. The Linex color match is going to be the Xtra product so it'll be fade resistant/proof or whatever they call it.

I like my Rhino and it has served me very well. It's got good anti-skid tendencies as well if that makes a difference to you. No need for a bedmat.

-rockstate

Old 06-21-2011, 12:18 PM
TruckDaddy
Elder User
LINE-X is stronger than ALL of the Rhino bedliner products. LINE-X has much better color match capabilities than Rhino. Rhino will use Solarmax. Solarmax is not a bad product, but is limited to about a 30% pigment concentration. If they can't hit the color after the 30%, then it won't match. LINE-X Xtra color matches are not subject to that problem. In addition, if your paint has metallic flakes, so will the LINE-X Xtra bedliner. Xtra is fortified with DuPont Kevlar (fibers are 5 times stronger than steel). By the way, Solarmax is not really a Rhino product, they just buy it from Bayer and put their name on the barrels. Anyone can buy it, including LINE-X, but Xtra is a superior product. Rhino does not have a product like Xtra.

$900 for a LINE-X Xtra color match is a bit high, I think $700 is more the average.

Both LINE-X Xtra and Solarmax are aliphatic, so you don't have to worry about fading.

Here's Solarmax. The bedliner looks good, but it doesn't match the truck very well.

Here's LINE-X Xtra.

More LINE-X Xtra (in Fords this time!)

This is actually a black LINE-X color match!

Old 06-21-2011, 08:21 PM
SabreFX4
Senior User
I've had Line-X in my 2 previous trucks ( both of which wore like iron ) and have an appointment for next week, to have my new truck bed sprayed. My 5.5 bed, sprayed in the standard black will be right in the $400 range.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:44 PM
fire240
FTE Legend
Received 245 Likes on 237 Posts
I have the standard linex on my truck. Paid about 450 for it. still looks good.

Old 06-22-2011, 05:37 AM
juneau76
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the Line-X Xtra. Paid $560 for it a year ago. I got it based on a recommendation from a local (reputable) contractor who has had all the various kinds in his trucks.

Old 06-22-2011, 02:36 PM
Tangopapa
New User
the price difference does not justify trying out anything other than the Rhino Liners and Line-X

Old 06-22-2011, 03:24 PM
LxMan1

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
I have an off brand spray-in done by a local shop as part of the deal on buying the truck. I went black because it looks best on any color truck and it has a lifetime warranty just like the big name ones do. It has yet to be damaged after 3 years.

Old 06-22-2011, 03:38 PM
BIGKEN
Received 7,065 Likes on 4,165 Posts
Originally Posted by LxMan1
I have an off brand spray-in done by a local shop as part of the deal on buying the truck. I went black because it looks best on any color truck and it has a lifetime warranty just like the big name ones do. It has yet to be damaged after 3 years.

Hey Jimmy...congrats on 21hohoho posts...you can take off the training wheels any day now!!!

I recommend Line X to all my customers...no issues with fading...and...the local dealer is a peach...always does an excellent job. In the past I've used Rhino...tried two different dealers...poor installation by both.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:57 AM
twoone
New User
Line X my has been on 2 years lost it's shine but wearing like iron. I payed

$400, I think the way it's put on is the key (proper prep) am happy.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:48 PM
640 CI Aluminum FORD
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by TruckDaddy
LINE-X is stronger than ALL of the Rhino bedliner products. LINE-X has much better color match capabilities than Rhino. Rhino will use Solarmax. Solarmax is not a bad product, but is limited to about a 30% pigment concentration. If they can't hit the color after the 30%, then it won't match. LINE-X Xtra color matches are not subject to that problem. In addition, if your paint has metallic flakes, so will the LINE-X Xtra bedliner. Xtra is fortified with DuPont Kevlar (fibers are 5 times stronger than steel). By the way, Solarmax is not really a Rhino product, they just buy it from Bayer and put their name on the barrels. Anyone can buy it, including LINE-X, but Xtra is a superior product. Rhino does not have a product like Xtra.

$900 for a LINE-X Xtra color match is a bit high, I think $700 is more the average.

Both LINE-X Xtra and Solarmax are aliphatic, so you don't have to worry about fading.

Here's Solarmax. The bedliner looks good, but it doesn't match the truck very well.

Here's LINE-X Xtra.

More LINE-X Xtra (in Fords this time!)

This is actually a black LINE-X color match!
Thanks! Based on the pictures you provided me I've decided Linex Xtra is the way to go.

Thanks to everyone else who anwsered as well!

Old 06-23-2011, 07:18 PM
Killer RC
Senior User
Line X is the best.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:03 AM
fordboy67
Cargo Master
I once line-Xed my step bars and they still looked like new after 7years

Old 06-26-2011, 02:29 PM
IDIDieselJohn
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Heard alot of good news about Line-X. This threads sure adds more to it!

Old 07-12-2011, 01:56 PM
Uncle_Buck
5th Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Who was the guy who Line-Xed his whole truck?

Looked very good, but I don't have the guts.

Quick Reply: Best Spray in Bedliner?