Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions wanted~ Exhaust systems- 95 F250 4X4 Utility body - Plow/tow Truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 03:34 PM
Bankrupter
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by danger-ranger93
I've had the summit truck headers on one of my older trucks, they're good, but do not "bolt in" to the stock Y pipe, but they were good headers.
Mine did bolt right up to the stock Y pipe well. Only thing that ticked me off about them is they don't come painted with hi temp paint. I don't have a sand blaster and there was no point painting over the stock paint to watch it all fall off.. So Im going to run them till the paint burns off then hit them with the right paint, in a few weeks. I love to do things twice ...
__________________________________________________ _________

Have the RMA pipe is going back, offer withdrawn. Yea- not

Old 06-30-2011, 04:11 PM
TexasGuy001
Hotshot
Received 205 Likes on 165 Posts
I believe they are painted with high temp paint. It just Burns off. If you repaint them the same thing will happen.

Old 07-04-2011, 01:42 AM
Bankrupter
Elder User
Originally Posted by TexasGuy001
I believe they are painted with high temp paint. It just Burns off. If you repaint them the same thing will happen.
No, the sticker that was on them says Not hi-temp paint and to repaint them if you want the protection. Silly but its just for shipping / storage protection.

After all the Y pipe Fails I went through on this system. I decided to make it duel out the passenger side using the factory head pipes (not a y on the 5.8) off my shorty's. I made a plate that matches the factory cat plate, to take twin tubes in place of the torpedo cat coupled to a dynoflow ultra flo X muffler 17552. Keeping it all 2 1/4 pipe tip to tail. I'm afraid it may be too loud but Ill deal with that when and if it comes. I can always add baffels to hush her a bit. More money then I had planed but thats always the way as of late...

Old 07-04-2011, 04:26 AM
TexasGuy001
Hotshot
Thats cool, nice muffler choice. I don't think it will be terribly loud.

Whats a torpedo cat?

Thats interesting that they don't come with high temp paint. Anyway, I know people that have painted various headers on various vehicles with high temp paint and that doesn't last either.

Old 07-04-2011, 12:02 PM
Bankrupter
Elder User
Originally Posted by TexasGuy001
Thats cool, nice muffler choice. I don't think it will be terribly loud.

Whats a torpedo cat?

Thats interesting that they don't come with high temp paint. Anyway, I know people that have painted various headers on various vehicles with high temp paint and that doesn't last either.
I painted a set of edelbrock 50 states once and your right, didn't last long at all...

lol the torpedo cat is the factory cat that looks like a torpedo strapped to the bottom of the truck. Is a tube 10 inches around and about 2.5- 3 feet long just needs explosives to be functional....

Old 07-10-2011, 01:22 PM
Bankrupter
Elder User
So its almost done.. I need to finish cutting and putting in the tail pipes over the axle weld on hangers and then weld up all the pipes. But Dyna ultra Flo-x x pipe muffler worked out sweet for this. Fits well mounted horizontal. Just enough space to the drive shaft and let me have true duels.

I went with 2.5 inch pipe and stepped it up off the bracket I made. Forgot to take pics of the plate cleaned up and 2.5 step ups welded up to it. But ehhh who cares, just another exhaust thread.. BTW-sounds killer!!!

I decided to go over the axle straight to just before the bumper and turn them down. No visible exit ...

Next on the list is to pull off the utility body and attack the rust before it is more then just surface. That starts week after next ... yea

Old 07-11-2011, 02:33 AM
TexasGuy001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Bankrupter
I painted a set of edelbrock 50 states once and your right, didn't last long at all...

lol the torpedo cat is the factory cat that looks like a torpedo strapped to the bottom of the truck. Is a tube 10 inches around and about 2.5- 3 feet long just needs explosives to be functional....
I see what your saying, but thats a confusing way to describe that cat. I would just call it the second cat on a truck with 2 cats or the factory cat. A torpedo pack glasspack is one with a Y on it like a single in dual out muffler.

Old 07-31-2011, 03:19 PM
Bankrupter
Elder User
Unhappy OMG DRONE

Well I took this truck to the shop Sat to pull the utility body and start in on the rust and weld up the final pipes. OMG DRONE ! I have a cold and my ears are full of fluid ... It literately HURT to drive it at 30. 40mph is ok I did take off all the mocked up pipes from the muffler back as they were not welded up yet and didnt want to drop any on the road. I hope it was just the fact that it dumps out under the bed caz dam I wont drive it as is ...

It does sound mean as hell though!

Old 07-31-2011, 03:30 PM
Jaime74656
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mine did bolt right up to the stock Y pipe well. Only thing that ticked me off about them is they don't come painted with hi temp paint. I don't have a sand blaster and there was no point painting over the stock paint to watch it all fall off.. So Im going to run them till the paint burns off then hit them with the right paint, in a few weeks. I love to do things twice ...
__________________________________________________ _________

Have the RMA pipe is going back, offer withdrawn. Yea- not

least if you did it your self you can do it right the first time

Old 10-04-2011, 09:30 PM
Bankrupter
Elder User
Well I took this truck to the shop Sat to pull the utility body and start in on the rust and weld up the final pipes. OMG DRONE ! I have a cold and my ears are full of fluid ... It literately HURT to drive it at 30. 40mph is ok I did take off all the mocked up pipes from the muffler back as they were not welded up yet and didnt want to drop any on the road. I hope it was just the fact that it dumps out under the bed caz dam I wont drive it as is ...

It does sound mean as hell though!
Drone is gone... Sounds good now. Forgot to update....