EcoBoost (all engine sizes) 3.5L Twin Turbo EcoBoost V6, 2.7 Twin Turbo EcoBoost V6, 2.3l/2.0L I4 EcoBoost Engines

Ecoboost Rocks!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 08:43 AM
jlwpac
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ecoboost Rocks!

I too, as others on this site, LOVE my Ecoboost. 2011 F150 CCab King Ranch. Pulled a 16' heavy duty stock trailer w/ a one ton Clydesdale inside this past weekend. NO COMPARISON to my old 5.4l. Pulled into the 40mph good old Kansas wind. Cruise set at 70. Pulled w/o down shifting in tow/haul mode. Very impressed! Ford appears to have hit a homerun w/ this engine! Combined city/hwy mpg currently stands at 16mpg, but only 1,000 miles on truck. 5.4l got 13 in same city/hwy driving. Great job Ford on what appears to be an awesome engine in a proven awesome truck!

Old 05-31-2011, 01:16 PM
LakesideStyle
Freshman User
Good to hear! Hoping to see more adopters of the EcoBoost rigs, saw thousands of trucks at several events I attended this weekend and only spotted one other EcoBoost These things dominate w/ their torque pulling, hoping a variant will make it into the SuperDuty's

Old 05-31-2011, 08:45 PM
juneau76
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The more I read stories like this, the more I wish I would've held off on getting mine. Although, I'm still very pleased with mine, so it's all good. Keep enjoying it.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:56 PM
ddrumman2004
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I took my Ecoboost on it's first road trip yesterday...an interstate trip of approx 50 mile one way and got 23.1(avg) mpg on the trip up and 22.4(avg) on the trip back.

Not too bad for an extended cab truck running the AC all the way.

It drops to approx 18-19 around town IF I keep my foot in the turbos.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:52 AM
lakeguy
Freshman User
Traveling on a 50 mile trip on single lane roads in NH last weekend, I averaged close to 30 mpg on the way! Pretty much kept at 50 mph by other traffic on the roads, and there is a lot of downhill on this trip. Also few stop lights so not much stopping/starting.

But I averaged 24 mpg on the way back.

So, somewhere around 26-27 mpg on a 100 mile trip with an average of 50 mph. Not bad!

Lariat SuperCrew with long bed.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:58 PM
skidooman
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by juneau76
The more I read stories like this, the more I wish I would've held off on getting mine. Although, I'm still very pleased with mine, so it's all good. Keep enjoying it.
I feel the same way you do!!!! I bought my 2010 when I found out the 6.2l was only going to make it into the lariat and up. I didn't think the ecoboost would handle the 8500lb fifth wheel I pull, but after a lot of stories and I test drive I have totaly changed my mind!

Old 06-03-2011, 08:04 AM
truckerdude
Junior User
Originally Posted by ddrumman2004
I took my Ecoboost on it's first road trip yesterday...an interstate trip of approx 50 mile one way and got 23.1(avg) mpg on the trip up and 22.4(avg) on the trip back.

Not too bad for an extended cab truck running the AC all the way.

It drops to approx 18-19 around town IF I keep my foot in the turbos.
What rearend do you have? the 3.31? most with 3.73 are getting 19-20 going 60 sure not not 22-24 like you and the other guy.

also you can't use the average mpg one to get your calculation if u reset it while moving, cause if you are coasting it might start with 35 or even 99 and slowly work its way down.

right way is, before you start the truck for the trip, reset trip b and/or the green bar instant/average screen. drive your route and then write down the result. anyother way means nothing.

Old 06-05-2011, 10:50 AM
drh1175
Senior User
I have the Max tow with the 3.73. I have only saw around 20 at 60 mph it drops to about 17 at 75. I do only have 1300 miles so I am hoping as the engine loosens up it may improve. I got the 3.73 for more pulling power so I am fine with that If I wanted better I would have opted for the 3.55. I can pull my 2000# boat and still get better mileage than my former Durango empty so I am happy about that. But what is impressive is the pulling power. Last weekend I pulled my 7000# travel trailer and hardly even knew it was there. At 60 I still got over 10 mpg that is what I was impressed about! This engine rocks! Before I ordered I wanted the 6.2l but they didn't offer it in the xlt. After owning I am happy to say the least.

Old 06-19-2011, 12:35 AM
Realtorjames80
New User
Thumbs up Ecoboost power kills everything else

After waiting for 2 years for the ecoboost to come for sale in the F-150 I got rid of my pile of junk and I repeat the largest pile of junk, a 2006 Dodge Ram Mega Cab 4x4 for the new Ecoboost F-150 FX4 with all the options in tuxedo black. As both my wife and myself was very worried about jumping from a 3/4 ton truck back to a half ton truck since we pull often and often test the ablity of any type of truck noting that the last truck failed Ford promised that this truck was built for us. They weren't lying. We just came back from picking up a 30' 5th wheel from Arizona back to New Mexico. 8,800 pounds of dry weight, 45 mph head wind and 103 degree's for hours at 70 mph. Can I say more? Yup, It made 10.5 mpg through these conditions. This truck rocks and kicks major butt. We went up major hills passing semi trucks like it was nothing. I pulled into a gas station and a guy pulling a trailer the same size with a power stroke behind us stopped and came over to see what truck was pulling the trailer in front of him. He almost fell over and couldn't believe that my F-150 was pulling that trailer. When he ask what engine was in the truck and I said a 3.5 L V6 you should have seen his face. He called me a liar. He stated that he barely kept up on some of the hills we were going through(not lying). What's crazy is my F-150 had so much more power to go. You won't the power until you have a chance to pull with the ecoboost. I recommend the super crew ecoboost with the 6.5' bed, FX4 or better package, heavy duty trailer tow package with built in trailer brake, Lux package, 3.73 locking diff and captain chairs. My father in law has the eco boost with the 3.55 gearing and I have the 3.73 gearing and you can feel the power difference between the 2 trucks. My only complaint after 3,000 miles is wish the heated leather seats got warmer for my bad back. I'm a hard judge so if that's my only complaint then this truck is amazing. MPG is amazing at about 30 mpg at 55 mph but drops fast to about 16 mpg at 80. I get around 16 in the city driving. Buy this truck and you'll fall in love with it.

Old 06-19-2011, 08:40 AM
truckerdude
Junior User
Originally Posted by Realtorjames80
After waiting for 2 years for the ecoboost to come for sale in the F-150 I got rid of my pile of junk and I repeat the largest pile of junk, a 2006 Dodge Ram Mega Cab 4x4 for the new Ecoboost F-150 FX4 with all the options in tuxedo black. As both my wife and myself was very worried about jumping from a 3/4 ton truck back to a half ton truck since we pull often and often test the ablity of any type of truck noting that the last truck failed Ford promised that this truck was built for us. They weren't lying. We just came back from picking up a 30' 5th wheel from Arizona back to New Mexico. 8,800 pounds of dry weight, 45 mph head wind and 103 degree's for hours at 70 mph. Can I say more? Yup, It made 10.5 mpg through these conditions. This truck rocks and kicks major butt. We went up major hills passing semi trucks like it was nothing. I pulled into a gas station and a guy pulling a trailer the same size with a power stroke behind us stopped and came over to see what truck was pulling the trailer in front of him. He almost fell over and couldn't believe that my F-150 was pulling that trailer. When he ask what engine was in the truck and I said a 3.5 L V6 you should have seen his face. He called me a liar. He stated that he barely kept up on some of the hills we were going through(not lying). What's crazy is my F-150 had so much more power to go. You won't the power until you have a chance to pull with the ecoboost. I recommend the super crew ecoboost with the 6.5' bed, FX4 or better package, heavy duty trailer tow package with built in trailer brake, Lux package, 3.73 locking diff and captain chairs. My father in law has the eco boost with the 3.55 gearing and I have the 3.73 gearing and you can feel the power difference between the 2 trucks. My only complaint after 3,000 miles is wish the heated leather seats got warmer for my bad back. I'm a hard judge so if that's my only complaint then this truck is amazing. MPG is amazing at about 30 mpg at 55 mph but drops fast to about 16 mpg at 80. I get around 16 in the city driving. Buy this truck and you'll fall in love with it.
BS on getting 10.5 pulling that trailer in a 45 mph headwind doing 70 mph. MAYBE a tail wind. Also on getting 30 mpg @55mph. no way,no how with 3.73 and that fx4 screw.
about all that you got right is the 16 city and 16 at 80.

Last edited by powerstroke72; 06-21-2011 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Remove insults
Old 06-19-2011, 11:13 AM
bwep
Tuned
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by truckerdude
BS on getting 10.5 pulling that trailer in a 45 mph headwind doing 70 mph. MAYBE a tail wind. Also on getting 30 mpg @55mph. no way,no how with 3.73 and that fx4 screw.
about all that you got right is the 16 city and 16 at 80.

REALLY..... Truckerdude ?????? He wrote a nice report....ya he likes his truck, thats cool. Maybe his numbers are a little off ???? But no need to bash like that

Last edited by powerstroke72; 06-21-2011 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Edit quote
Old 06-19-2011, 12:18 PM
truckerdude
Junior User
Originally Posted by bwep
REALLY..... Truckerdude ?????? He wrote a nice report....ya he likes his truck, thats cool. Maybe his numbers are a little off ???? But no need to bash like that
why post if number's ain't right? waste of time and wrong. just causes prospective owners to buy thinking they can get 30mpg then they are lucky to get 20. then they are pissed at ford because of guys like him.

don't use the instant mpg. set trip b, drive your trip, take a pix and send it to us. Make it a long distance (not a 3 mile coast downhill) and post pix, then we will belive 30 mpg.

Dude

Old 06-19-2011, 12:23 PM
Realtorjames80
New User
If you want to see my gas reciepts and trailer details I'll e-mail them to you. It will show you the distance between gas stations and how many gallons I bought. You can find the wind reports online due to the wallow fire burning up the Arizona country side and how it has changed the wind pattern due to the size of the fire. Go take a ecoboost for a ride at 55 mph and see what the RPM are and what milage you'll get. See for your self. The local dealer here in Albuquerque will let you test drive a ecoboost with a 7000 or 10,000 pound trailer so come to Albuquerque if you can't believe what this truck can do. I'm so impressed with this truck I contacted Ford and my wife wants one for herself.

Old 06-19-2011, 06:31 PM
truckerdude
Junior User
Originally Posted by Realtorjames80
If you want to see my gas reciepts and trailer details I'll e-mail them to you. It will show you the distance between gas stations and how many gallons I bought. You can find the wind reports online due to the wallow fire burning up the Arizona country side and how it has changed the wind pattern due to the size of the fire. Go take a ecoboost for a ride at 55 mph and see what the RPM are and what milage you'll get. See for your self. The local dealer here in Albuquerque will let you test drive a ecoboost with a 7000 or 10,000 pound trailer so come to Albuquerque if you can't believe what this truck can do. I'm so impressed with this truck I contacted Ford and my wife wants one for herself.
Why would i want to test drive one? I have owned one since April and they won't get the mpg that you say loaded or unloaded. I have driven at 55 and 60 and will never get 30 mpg. Maybe if you have the 3.15 or 3.31 rear end. It will also never get over 10 mpg towing that weight with a 45 mph head wind.

Last edited by powerstroke72; 06-21-2011 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Remove insult
Old 06-21-2011, 11:12 AM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
Thread cleaned. Leave the insults and name calling out of the thread.

Quick Reply: Ecoboost Rocks!