Location (State/Prov):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State/Prov):

Item Condition:

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!70 F100 Survivor............SOLD!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 09:39 AM
78 PEB
Cargo Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!70 F100 Survivor............SOLD!!!!!!!!!!

Year: 1970
Make: Ford
Model: F-100
Price: $2500
Mileage: 0
Color: Yellow
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): ID
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
Color: Yellow
Engine: 302

This truck is a survivor. It is an unrestored vehicle that is in as nice of shape as I have seen for a 41 year old truck. Odometer shows 41701. I would guess it to be 141701 but that is just a guess. The fellow I bought it from said that it had spent every night of its life in the garage until about 6 years ago. His grandfather had religiously parked it inside every night and it shows. It is not perfect, but would be a NICE starting point for a restoration, or just drive it like it is!!! I will be as honest as possible in selling this. If you want more information or photos of something specific feel free to contact me. I will try my best to provide what you need. It does have some small rust issues on one fender and cab corner. There is also some small rust thru on the bottom side of the cab and near the hood hinges which can be seen in the pics. The paint appears to be original. There are a couple of small dents in the tailgate above the bumper which can be seen in the additional pics I could privide. I have gone thru the brakes and completely rebuilt all 4 brakes with new shoes, hardware and wheel cylinders.I also have repacked the front wheel bearings and replaced the seals. I can provide pics of any work I have done to the truck for documentation if you would like. I have also changed the oil in the differential and replaced the axle seals on the rear axles. The vent hose was missing from the axle housing when I bought the truck so I changed the oil just in case the oil was contaminated. The ring and pinion looked to be in good shape when I had it out. The vent hose has been replaced. As near as I can tell, almost everything is operational on this truck. Even the factory AM radio. The dealer installed Ford script spotlight turns on, but there is a stripped gear in the mechanism that rotates the light. Should be a simple fix, if you wanted to spend the time finding the parts. It has an RCA 2 way radio installed in it. According to the fellow I bought the truck from, the radio was installed the day his grandfather bought the truck new. His grandfather had belonged to the Bonneville county search and rescue in Idaho for years. I know nothing about these radios, so I have not done anything as far as trying to get it to work. That would best be left up to someone who knows what they are doing. All the dash and dome lights work as they should. It does act like it needs a new headlight dimmer switch, Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.The truck has a 302 2barrel V-8 and a C4 automatic transmission that both seem to be in great shape. Both the engine and transmission may have some leaks, but nothing that leaves puddles on the driveway. I drove the truck home about 50 miles when I bought it and had NO issues with it. It ran down the interstate at 75mph comfortably, straight and true, no wobbles or vibrations. It does not over heat. It does not smoke. It does run a bit rough when you first start it until it warms up. It is just the adjustment on the automatic choke, I just haven't taken the time to get that sorted out yet but may have it resolved before someone buys it. Also, it does need a muffler. The glasspack muffler on the single exhaust is burned clear thru. The rest of the exhaust system seems to be in good shape. It has matching all season tires on all 4 wheels. They are approximately 75% tread remaining. It has a spare tire mounted in the rack under the rear of the bed that is around 25% remaining and still holds air. I also have 4 stock hubcaps that will go with the truck. I dont have the stock wheels however. The interior is in pretty good shape for its age. There are 2 small areas on the padded dash that have cracked. The seat needs reupholstered. and the carpet is worn thru right by the drivers door sill. Under the carpet there is also the factory rubber mat. I have not pulled back the carpet to see what shape the mat is in. It may be in good shape, it may not. The drivers side armrest is worn and cracked. The headliner is in good shape but is a bit warped right above the drivers door. The paint is in pretty good shape and still has a shine. There are some scratches and some areas where the paint has been damaged and touched up. I have tried to show the worst of them in the additional pics. Also on the top of the bed rails behind the cab there are a couple of places that look like it had a toolbox and/or a shell mounted at some point in its life and the paint is worn off and there is surface rust. The area on the bed below the "bump" is showing some rust where the two sections of the bed sides meet each other.This seems to be a common issue on this body style. It does not seem to be rusted clear thru like some I have seen but would need some attention if you are restoring it. Some sandblasting and replacing the seam sealer would probably take care of it I can arrange for delivery within 500 miles at $1.50 a loaded mile but truck and shipping would need to be paid for in advance.If you have more questions, feel free to PM me. I will be more than happy to help out any way that I can. I had this truck sold on Ebay at one point, but the fellow who won the auction had some really crappy luck when he was coming to pick it up; which exhausted his funds so he had to back out. I am asking $2500 but am open to offers as well.

Extra note: I can provide LOTS more pictures or pictures of anything in particular you would like to see. Feel free to ask. Shoot me a PM and I will try to provide anything you need. Thank you............

Attached Images    

Last edited by 78 PEB; 06-07-2011 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Truck has been sold
Old 05-17-2011, 02:53 PM
Mexican77
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very nice truck, the price is low in my point of view, hope you sell it very soon.

Old 05-24-2011, 06:04 PM
HB Surfer
New User
The truck looks nice. If you didn't live so far away, I would road trip to see about buying it. I am in the market for a F-100 (1970). I grew up with one and had to sell it in the late 90's due to California smog laws. Well now the truck is grandfathered in.

I want another one.

If anyone knows of some near SoCal or even NorCal... I am game and will pay cash.

Old 05-25-2011, 01:20 AM
78 PEB
Cargo Master
Wish you were closer too................

Old 05-29-2011, 09:24 AM
78 PEB
Cargo Master
I am open to offers on this truck. I need to get it sold.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:35 PM
altitudejunkie
New User
Originally Posted by HB Surfer
The truck looks nice. If you didn't live so far away, I would road trip to see about buying it. I am in the market for a F-100 (1970). I grew up with one and had to sell it in the late 90's due to California smog laws. Well now the truck is grandfathered in.

I want another one.

If anyone knows of some near SoCal or even NorCal... I am game and will pay cash.
1970 f-100 4x4, original 360 w/4sp manual....in colorado. You need a vacation anyway, come on up to the rockies and buy a truck!