Nebraska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 97nukeford

went junkyard diving today 4/29/2011

Old 04-29-2011, 03:36 PM
WHITE ON RICE
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
went junkyard diving today 4/29/2011

So I went to the U-pull-it, and U-wrench-it down on 60th.

U-pull-it had 2 dents, and no bumpsides

one was a 78-79 f350 crewcab dually if im not mistaken had a utility box on it and was pretty picked over and banged up. However the cab looked savable if someone really really really wanted too.

the other dent was a 73-77(i think) in similiarly picked over state as well as being rather banged up. doors were beyond what i wanted but rolled up real nice so if your looking for glass and window mech stuff there is some thats in good shape. This one also had a pretty nice looking gauge dash plate that was looking kinda like a woodgrainish finish

I didnt buy anything except a oil cap that had a hole for the pcv valve as my truck came without that, maybe it'll run alittle better. doubt it but who knows lol.

U-wrench it on the other hand was a really really frustrating. I need new doors as mine are pretty shot(especially the driverside).

I was in luck found a 78-79 in ok shape but the passenger door was dented in good, driver door was really pretty clean so i took it. It has the circle headlight buckets, driver side in perfect shape, passenger had a fixable crack. I forgot a screwdriver....so i didnt snag them but headlights and a nice grille are on it too.
this truck was a 6 inline manual still had linkage that looked to be complete. had a nice hood that had the ford emblems on the front. really this truck looked not too bad, found the registration inside and someone in blair owned it and had it registered only a couple months back so i wonder what happened.

i found another dent, both doors real banged to ****, pretty beat to **** in general nothing i needed but had a buckets in it. Seats were completely shot but the brackets might be of use to someone.

so ya still need a passenger door lol but if anyone needs anything or wants me to check for something let me know i might go back down tomorrow to get the headlight buckets...dont know if its worth the gas though lol.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:06 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 221 Likes on 180 Posts
Alex, thanks for sharing the info, you saved me a trip to u-pull it!

Old 04-30-2011, 09:20 AM
WHITE ON RICE
Junior User
Originally Posted by 97nukeford
Alex, thanks for sharing the info, you saved me a trip to u-pull it!

well there is still the u-pull-it north lot which i was thinking about heading too today

if i do ill post if there is anything of interest.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:23 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Cool, appreciate it. Right now, trying to find a tranny. I called a couple yards, I'm looking for the M5od that cam in the 88-96 -150's. They want a ton for those things. I could probably by a whole donor truck for what they want for them.

Old 04-30-2011, 11:47 AM
WHITE ON RICE
Junior User
Cool, appreciate it. Right now, trying to find a tranny. I called a couple yards, I'm looking for the M5od that cam in the 88-96 -150's. They want a ton for those things. I could probably by a whole donor truck for what they want for them.
well i just got back from the north lot, had a good number of older fords(which was what i focused on) However there were a good number of "newer" ones not alot of 90's trucks, but a good number of post dents. this was at the north u-pull-it lot(man it was a pain to find) I cant promise if they have that tranny as i honestly didnt even look over the newer ones(sorry i missed your post before I left :/ )

anyways ill upload some pictures and info here shortly. of the ones i looked at.

Old 04-30-2011, 11:55 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Okay, I may run out there next Friday and see what they have. Where is that lot located at??

Old 04-30-2011, 12:11 PM
WHITE ON RICE
Junior User
its 13th and grace, just east of a grain mill on the east side of the train tracks.

easiest to go north on 11th take a left at grace, and a left at u-pull-it.

Old 04-30-2011, 12:13 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Okay. I wish I could get on Craiglist and ebay here at work, that would make things easier.

Old 04-30-2011, 12:14 PM
WHITE ON RICE
Junior User
well at least you can get on fte lol.

Old 04-30-2011, 12:17 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
No kidding! One of our members, George, manages the NAPA in Kearney. I'm going to see if he can get me the numbers to the yards out there, to check for parts.

Old 04-30-2011, 12:21 PM
WHITE ON RICE
Junior User
No kidding! One of our members, George, manages the NAPA in Kearney. I'm going to see if he can get me the numbers to the yards out there, to check for parts.
thats not a bad idea, my last week of working is next week than i got 2 weeks off before i ship to basic. Im just trying to find parts and what not to keep me busy till i go, what i really wish is that i still had my old mig unit. some ****er stole it along with some other stuff. sucks being able to do body work or well having the skill too and not having the tools to do it. However im fairly busy so its whatever. Oh well all the military money ill be able to buy myself a nice miller unit.

Old 04-30-2011, 12:33 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
The wife got me a small mig welder from Eastwood for Christmas. I have a buddy that's going to come over and show me how to use it, he used to weld out at Valmont. I know what you mean about not having the tools, though. I've amassed quite the collection of tools over the years. I will buy something that I see, even if I don't need it right then, but knowing I'll need it in the future. And, I usually end up needing it.

Old 04-30-2011, 12:38 PM
WHITE ON RICE
Junior User
The wife got me a small mig welder from Eastwood for Christmas. I have a buddy that's going to come over and show me how to use it, he used to weld out at Valmont. I know what you mean about not having the tools, though. I've amassed quite the collection of tools over the years. I will buy something that I see, even if I don't need it right then, but knowing I'll need it in the future. And, I usually end up needing it.
I am very much the same way. I had quiet the collection, but in the process of moving i put a good amount of tools and equipment in a storage facility. The stuff disappeared and I didnt have any insurance on the stuff, and apparently didnt buy and should have bought the storage insurance. And of course the video camera that might have caught who broke in was broken.........oh well.

Old 04-30-2011, 01:11 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Man, that sucks! I've had my homeowners insurance updated to include my tools, I also have a ton of woodworking tools. Figured it couldn't hurt, so I put 10,000 on all the tools.

Old 04-30-2011, 02:33 PM
WHITE ON RICE
Junior User
Man, that sucks! I've had my homeowners insurance updated to include my tools, I also have a ton of woodworking tools. Figured it couldn't hurt, so I put 10,000 on all the tools.
yup learned my lesson the hard way i guess. I do plan on insuring them...when i get some more. gonna hold out till i have some real money to drop on some nice tools.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: went junkyard diving today 4/29/2011