2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Where can I find the grey interior dash paint?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 05:12 PM
y0rascal
New User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where can I find the grey interior dash paint?

anyone know where I can find the dash paint so that I can touch up the damage on the 08 expedition I just got? I have called the dealership and the guy said they do not have it. Anyone paint the gray parts on their dash yet?

I have searched some websites with no luck.

Old 04-19-2011, 05:22 PM
RI-Matt
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Subscribed.

I'm sure there are quite a few people interested in this, including me.
I have a few nicks on the center console I would like to touch up too.

Matt

Old 04-20-2011, 10:27 AM
berry1234
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Which parts are you referring to?

Old 04-20-2011, 01:50 PM
y0rascal
New User
the gray dash parts in the limited where the ac vents and the 12volt lighter charger are located the side of the center console panels are also gray.

Old 04-22-2011, 09:13 AM
CarbonClear
Senior User
Originally Posted by y0rascal
the gray dash parts in the limited where the ac vents and the 12volt lighter charger are located the side of the center console panels are also gray.
If I'm not mistaken, it would also be the same paint as the trim pieces on a Eddie Bauer. I would be interested as well.

Old 04-23-2011, 01:45 AM
SickPup404
Junior User
I checked the shop manuals for my 2007 and found the following reference in Section 501-35 titled "Plastics Refinishing - Interior":
Motorcraft Interior Spray Paint PM-19M547-XXXXH (XXXX=Color Code)

The color code reference I was able to find in the manuals is in the certification label in the door jamb. Labeled "INT TR". Using that, along with the following PDF will get you to the right spray:
http://www.fcsdchemicalsandlubricant...kref/paint.pdf

HTH!

[EDIT]Just a quick Google for a random can got a hit here for $13:
http://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/...547-2011h.html
[/EDIT]

Last edited by SickPup404; 04-23-2011 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Price
Old 04-24-2011, 06:49 AM
RI-Matt
Senior User
Originally Posted by SickPup404
I checked the shop manuals for my 2007 and found the following reference in Section 501-35 titled "Plastics Refinishing - Interior":
Motorcraft Interior Spray Paint PM-19M547-XXXXH (XXXX=Color Code)

The color code reference I was able to find in the manuals is in the certification label in the door jamb. Labeled "INT TR". Using that, along with the following PDF will get you to the right spray:
http://www.fcsdchemicalsandlubricant...kref/paint.pdf

HTH!

[EDIT]Just a quick Google for a random can got a hit here for $13:
PM-19M547-2011H - Ford Paint - Vinyl Renovate
[/EDIT]
SickPup404, have you ordered any of this paint before? Just curious because I think the colors listed in the chart are for the different interior colors ( ie. Black, Tan, Stone) and not the grey (steel) color on the middle and sides of the dash, upper center console or around the interior door handles. This is the color I'm searching for and what I thought y0rascal is looking for.

I looked on the back of the door handle piece and it says "LT STL" whatever color that is??

Matt

Old 04-24-2011, 09:08 AM
SickPup404
Junior User
No, haven't ordered any of these before. It was the only thing I saw in the shop manuals.

About the only other suggestion I can think of is to check with a body shop or something. I have a cousin that works at a body shop and I will email him in the meantime and post his answer when I get it (probably be a few days).

Old 04-25-2011, 10:00 AM
y0rascal
New User
yes I am looking for the gray interior paint that goes on the dash. Is the part you are referencing the gray or black? i know that Ford has the black...

Old 04-26-2011, 11:36 AM
SickPup404
Junior User
So far, my cousin is saying they custom match that color.... He's checking some more manuals/charts, but he's pretty sure you'll have to check with a body shop.

Oh well... :/

Old 01-17-2014, 04:13 PM
c9night
New User
interior paint

I know this is a little late in the game to post but i have found the place on the internet to find spray paint and the prepping stuff to paint the dash. take a look at lmctruck.com or their magazine. they have it listed in there if you know your paint code. that is found on the sticker on your driver side door or pillar. might have to do a search for your codes to find it. like mine is EH which is E is the type of seats I have and it means leather 60/40 and the H means medium parchment and medium dark parchment. lmctruck.com sells both and with the price of the two cans and a cleaner and another type of can so it can stick to the plastic with shipping my price is around $72.

Old 08-01-2014, 10:37 PM
energumeno
New User
I also need to touch up the interior of my 2005 f150, it is mainly black with gray accents on the dash (i need to paint the later). Color code on the door sticker is LB

I tried to find the paint on lmctruck.com but i dont seem to locate it on their catalog.

Anyone has any recommendations on where could i find a color matched paint?

Old 08-02-2014, 11:07 AM
RI-Matt
Senior User
I think I found a paint that is very close to the silver grey color of the dash on the Expy's ( at least on the Limiteds )

I tried it on the small triangular dash piece on the passenger side and it matched pretty good. You do have to practice spraying it to get the right texture to match as the factory finish isn't very smooth.

Matt

Old 09-16-2019, 04:12 PM
SanMan22
New User
Lightbulb 2013 Expedition Dash Vent Bezel Trim Paint Color

Folks,

I know it's been a while since the last post on this topic, but looking for information on a silver/gray spray paint color of interior dash components (specifically the bezel that houses the AC vents) for a 2013 expedition. I've seen many manufacturers (SEM, DupliColor) of interior paints and looking for one that closely matches what I need as described above.
If anyone had any luck with touching-up/repainting these components, I would love to hear what color was used to do so.
I appreciate everyone's help.

Many thanks,

SanMan22

Old 09-17-2019, 05:55 AM
Adieu
New User
Originally Posted by SanMan22
Folks,

I know it's been a while since the last post on this topic, but looking for information on a silver/gray spray paint color of interior dash components (specifically the bezel that houses the AC vents) for a 2013 expedition. I've seen many manufacturers (SEM, DupliColor) of interior paints and looking for one that closely matches what I need as described above.
If anyone had any luck with touching-up/repainting these components, I would love to hear what color was used to do so.
I appreciate everyone's help.

Many thanks,

SanMan22
Do you have silver or dark grey?

iirc, those are two different and distinct options. The silver tends to peel back and expose a darker material underneath, while the dark grey appears solid colored material?

Also the bezel with the vents isn't a bezel, it's part of the main dash and doesn't really come out... meaning spray painting it without screwing everything else up is gonna be fun fun fun, and involve removing or taping up half the vehicle's interior

Maybe consider wrapping the things? Or using some kind of roll-on paint applied with a foam brush?

Quick Reply: Where can I find the grey interior dash paint?