Minnesota Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: fordpower88

What are you looking for parts wise.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:10 PM
mndiesel
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What are you looking for parts wise.

OK let me know what you are looking for so I can email the diesel place and see what kind of prices he has. I am gonna put him on the spot right away to see if he is serious about giving us a good price on products. Also put down if you prefer a certain brand for example mbrp, exhaust flow, ect.....

Old 03-23-2011, 01:14 PM
fordpower88
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well Tom I just ordered exhaust yesterday but I am getting ready to order the bellowed up pipes and a HPX so you could check on that for me if you want. Right now I think Clay has the best price on them. See what he can do and get back to me.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:14 PM
DieselCamper01
Fleet Owner
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
?????????????? What is this all about?????????????

Edit: Saw the other thread. Now this one makes more sense.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:19 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
Right now, I'm only looking for two things.... Warm weather, and my sanity. (big block 4x4 ZF 5 sp. would be nice too)

Old 03-23-2011, 01:24 PM
mndiesel
Postmaster
Jay,
I talked to Dan at Unique diesels in Ham Lake. He is a guy that just became a supplier so him and his buddies could save money on parts. He only does it part time out of his house. I talk to him a little while ago about finding someone to work with to get some deals. He said he would be interested and seeing how this would work and that his mark up is minimal. I told him if he worked with us that we would help spread his name and get him more business. I also talked to him about sponsoring events. In the long run, I was just looking for local suppliers who would give us a deal on parts if we helped them gain some more business. Most people jump at opportunities to sponsor clubs so they get more business. I told him that our crew is into good products at a better than reasonable price. In the long run it helps all of us.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:29 PM
mndiesel
Postmaster
Originally Posted by havi
Right now, I'm only looking for two things.... Warm weather, and my sanity. (big block 4x4 ZF 5 sp. would be nice too)
Well I can price that, $400.00 for a plane ticket to Vegas, as for your sanity when you figure that out let ME know, LOL

Old 03-23-2011, 01:36 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by mndiesel
Well I can price that, $400.00 for a plane ticket to Vegas, as for your sanity when you figure that out let ME know, LOL
Lol, that would depend on if I win in vegas.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:17 PM
duck fan
Because racetruck

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by mndiesel
Jay,
I talked to Dan at Unique diesels in Ham Lake. He is a guy that just became a supplier so him and his buddies could save money on parts. He only does it part time out of his house. I talk to him a little while ago about finding someone to work with to get some deals. He said he would be interested and seeing how this would work and that his mark up is minimal. I told him if he worked with us that we would help spread his name and get him more business. I also talked to him about sponsoring events. In the long run, I was just looking for local suppliers who would give us a deal on parts if we helped them gain some more business. Most people jump at opportunities to sponsor clubs so they get more business. I told him that our crew is into good products at a better than reasonable price. In the long run it helps all of us.
I think if he wants our help spreading his name and reputation, he needs to pony up the money and become a paying sponsor like every other vendor on forums has done. I have used other people like this before for a "great deal" only to need warranty help or something else later on and find them out of business for their real day job. People scalping parts at cost because they have no overhead have no reason to stay in business to help us in the future.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:40 PM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you want to organize a group buy for the Minnesota chapter that's fine, but if it's with a vendor who isn't an FTE supporter you'll have to do it off of the boards.

If the vendor in question is interested in becoming an FTE supporter, have them contact FTE Jason

I've got to close this one...thanks for understanding.