Oregon Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 892504x4

Please welcome two new members!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 07:30 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Arrow Please welcome two new members!

We have two new members to haze...I mean welcome!

JeffsF-250 from Redmond and theWeezl from Burnt Woods.

Welcome to the Oregon Chapter!

Old 03-07-2011, 09:10 PM
Brown Falcon
Hotshot
Received 123 Likes on 83 Posts
Welcome guys!

What do you drive?

Old 03-07-2011, 09:29 PM
JeffsF-250
Mechanic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. Just starting on the 'restification' of a '72 F-250 Camper Special. It's mostly original and I'll preserve the structure but dress it up.

Also, full disclosure here, I've only recently come over from the darkside - I sold a '69 C-30 Camper Special (a project that never really got started) to make room for the Ford.

Haven't been a member of the Blue Oval family for a long time and this is my first FE machine so I've been spending a lot of time reading previous threads to get a little edumacation on what it takes to make them really hum.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:39 PM
bertha66
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome, there are a few of us in Central Oregon, I'm in Prineville and work in Redmond.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:17 PM
JeffsF-250
Mechanic
Originally Posted by bertha66
Welcome, there are a few of us in Central Oregon, I'm in Prineville and work in Redmond.
Cool. I haven't been very involved in the automotive community over here but I've got a plan to make 2011 a better year. Any sort of gatherings where FTE members make an effort to get together over here?

Old 03-07-2011, 10:21 PM
theWeezL
Junior User
this is what I drive:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ini-resto.html

up until today, anyway. I just sold it. I couldnt really afford the gas. Im still driving my 97 Exploder XL and looking maybe for a Ranger to do a 5.0 swap into.

I have had several F250's in the last couple of years. Oregon is definately Ford country.

If you dont know where Burnt Woods is (you arent alone) its about 30 miles West of Corvallis on the way to Newport. I have my own little repair business out here and I restore and flip a few cars a year. I have reasonable facilities so if anyone needs some help with anything let me know, Im happy to help out.

I divorced a few years ago and moved back to Oregon after being gone for almost 20 years, but Ive lived all over Oregon and consider this home.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:38 PM
bertha66
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome to the nut house, have a good time here

Old 03-08-2011, 12:33 AM
Les Knapp
Senior User
Les

Welcome to the Chapter guys, you'll like it!

Old 03-08-2011, 02:18 AM
BigPigDaddy
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome guys!

Old 03-08-2011, 09:09 AM
JeffsF-250
Mechanic
Originally Posted by theWeezL
this is what I drive:

up until today, anyway. I just sold it. I couldnt really afford the gas. Im still driving my 97 Exploder XL and looking maybe for a Ranger to do a 5.0 swap into.
Good job on the pics in that thread. I like the gauge pod mount but wouldn't be so sweet in my '72. Back then it was still okay to smoke and they put the ashtray right in the middle of the dash so you could use it while driving

Old 03-08-2011, 09:54 AM
Brown Falcon
Hotshot
Received 123 Likes on 83 Posts
this is what I drive:

I have had several F250's in the last couple of years. Oregon is definately Ford country.

If you dont know where Burnt Woods is (you arent alone) its about 30 miles West of Corvallis on the way to Newport. I have my own little repair business out here and I restore and flip a few cars a year. I have reasonable facilities so if anyone needs some help with anything let me know, Im happy to help out.

I divorced a few years ago and moved back to Oregon after being gone for almost 20 years, but Ive lived all over Oregon and consider this home.
Cool deal. What kind of repairs/work do you do?

Old 03-08-2011, 10:52 AM
Old93junk
Post Fiend
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
this is what I drive:

Welcome all to the chapter!
5.0 Ranger swap?..........so easy a caveman can do it!

Old 03-08-2011, 12:01 PM
kjvforme
Postmaster
Welcome to the Oregon Chapter.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:03 PM
JeffsF-250
Mechanic
Originally Posted by Old93junk
Welcome all to the chapter!
The standard here is that it has to be 'so easy a salesman can do it'. Although, to be fair, this particular salesman has previously made his living both as an electronics tech and as an auto mechanic..... This week I'm going to learn how to weld ( I sort of knew how to do it 30 years ago, wish me luck). Will post pics of my new grill inserts once I crack the code on this wirefeed machine....

Old 03-08-2011, 01:31 PM
theWeezL
Junior User
Originally Posted by Brown Falcon
Cool deal. What kind of repairs/work do you do?

Pretty much anything short of fabrication and welding. I like doing restoration type work. Taking something old and neglected and make it look new again gives me great satisfaction. Im also pretty good at tracking down problems that other people cant seem to sort out or just give up on.

Last year I was driving a 98 Mounty 5.0 and I loved that rig, but it was too nice to haul parts with. I just need to find the right combination of cheaps parts to put a swap together.

Quick Reply: Please welcome two new members!