1961 - 1963 F100 Unibody 1961, 1962 and 1963 Ford F100 Unibody trucks

Did unibody trucks come with custom cab trim down the sides of the truck?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 04:35 PM
first today
Postmaster

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Did unibody trucks come with custom cab trim down the sides of the truck?

If they did, was it the same trim that was used on the 64 model trucks? I can not remember seeing one with the trim.

Old 03-07-2011, 05:03 PM
FchasE
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my grandfather had a 63 uni custom cab and i dont remember trim down the sides of it, just remember it only sayin "custom cab" on the doors!

Old 03-07-2011, 05:26 PM
first today
Postmaster

Yeah, mine has the same thing. I also have the chrome around the windshield and the chrome steel grill. I saw a guy on craigslist a couple of weeks back selling all the side trim for a 64 ford truck with the clips, NOS, for 300 bucks. I just could not imagine the trim following the bed body line correctly.

Old 03-07-2011, 05:41 PM
FchasE
Junior User
come to think of it to, i had a friend with a uni custom cab and that didn't have trim either! but like you said, both of the ones i knew good had the chrome grill and windshield wrap!

Old 03-07-2011, 05:42 PM
Bill W
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This UNI TRUCK had trim!

Attached Images  
Old 03-07-2011, 05:59 PM
first today
Postmaster

That's the ticket. I could be on my way to having a clone.

Where would you tu-tone the paint if you did that?

Here is the link on craigslist if anyone is interested. Seems like a good deal.63 ford f100 chrome

Old 03-07-2011, 06:13 PM
Carefree T
Freshman User
The trim did not come with the Custom Cab package. It was always optional whether you got standard cab or Custom Cab.

If the trim for the '61-'63 Styleside trucks is hard to get a hold of, I'd hate to have to look for unibody trim. Looks dang good, though, but keep in mind the truck in that picture is the F-100 XL (obviously, haha), which was a one-of-a-kind production. I wonder if anyone has seen a regular uni with trim anywhere, or if anyone knows for sure if they offered the trim option on unis.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:38 PM
camperspecial65
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Integral bodied trucks did indeed have the side trim on them...the squared type with the red stripe down it...just so its not confused with the 65-6 version.
The 65-6 trim was part of some sub packages, but was mainly an option unto itself. The sole exception I have found is the Deluxe Camper Specials where its part of that sub package. That is a sub package on F250 trucks ONLY. F100 had only a Camper Special package which was basicly the same as 3/4 ton version.
On the integral bodies, I have seen the moldings on base as well as CC trucks...always and only on 2WD though. No 1 ton or 4WD ever got the side moldings in the 61-66 generation except the 66 F100 4WD since it was the same body as its 2WD counterparts. Im not including fenders intentionally so dont go there as side moldings werent on the fenders ever anyways

- cs65

Old 03-07-2011, 07:53 PM
gangstakr
Logistics Pro
Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts
63 unibody longbed trim

I have a pair of bed trims for the 63 unibody Longbed. Here's the sweet part, there NOS. Now remember NOS does not meen perfect, but they are NOS. I also have the rest of the trim for the cab minus cowl pieces (I think) by that I meen I might have the cowl pieces somewhere, but I really need to look for them. The rest of the trim is together.(I have that stored in a PVC tube) For authentication of NOS, Garbz has been to the place where I purchased these at. Numberdummy took me there. I believe Don, camperspecial has been there as well. Ask any of these guys about this place. One more thing,.. there is'nt anymore, I purchased both sets that I found and it took a while of looking under everything to see what I could find. And I found these.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:05 PM
first today
Postmaster

I think the craigslist guy is pretty reasonable on his price. I can only imagine what it would all cost from DC or the others. Plus he has the clips.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:49 PM
gangstakr
Logistics Pro
Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts
After looking at the craigslist listing, That is a great buy. Just make sure the bed trim is the length you need.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:38 AM
gritsngumbo
Elder User
Originally Posted by first today
I think the craigslist guy is pretty reasonable on his price. I can only imagine what it would all cost from DC or the others. Plus he has the clips.
Bear in mind that the 63-64 chrome/aluminium trim is NOT being re-poped. You CANNOT buy it from DC or anyone else.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:54 AM
first today
Postmaster

I am not buying the trim. I was just curious. I think it looks strange on the unibody.There is a little to much going on with the trim added.

I also did not know it was not re popped. Someone should grab it if they need it. It is in Tennessee.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:56 AM
gritsngumbo
Elder User
Originally Posted by first today
I think it looks strange on the unibody.There is a little to much going on with the trim added.
Buyers must have agreed with you :-) don't think it was a very popular option as you don't see too many of them around. I have two Uni's and neither have the trim option. Many folks who had the trim have taken it off and filled in the holes for a cleaner look.

Old 03-08-2011, 01:54 PM
garbz2
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Trim for the uni is 63 uni only long bed and shortbed. There is no trim for 61 or 62, but the 63 trim can be retrofitted.

And the trim is different from the conventional split wrong bed in 63.

And it is not the same same as the trim for a 64.

The bed pieces are where the difference arises.

Garbz

Quick Reply: Did unibody trucks come with custom cab trim down the sides of the truck?